Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Yeah, the Pettersson draft pick was hilarious in that "dum-dum" Benning pretty much outwitted the entire Internet fanbase and Vancouver hockey media by making it appear like he would be drafting Cody Glass, and barely mentioning Pettersson. Smart guy.
lol

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
It's still premature until we see how he transitions his game to the NHL but at this stage this pick looks amazing, full marks to the team/Benning for making the pick over the safer ones. Here's hoping we actually did land the best player from the draft for what would be the first time this millennium.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah, the Pettersson draft pick was hilarious in that "dum-dum" Benning pretty much outwitted the entire Internet fanbase and Vancouver hockey media by making it appear like he would be drafting Cody Glass, and barely mentioning Pettersson. Smart guy.
Thank god the scouts won the battle of wills and got Pettersson. God knows who him was trying to trade up and grab, my guess is Makar.

Reactions: racerjoe

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I had Pettersson for a while and was pretty happy when we picked him. I hope we can make a similar choice come 2018 draft.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'll give Benning some credit for ultimately makong the correct choice at the draft. However, if the Canucks didn't drop their draft position, I doubt they would have chosen him which is a scary thought.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'll give Benning some credit for ultimately makong the correct choice at the draft. However, if the Canucks didn't drop their draft position, I doubt they would have chosen him which is a scary thought.
We'll never know for sure but dropping into the five hole was probably a blessing in disguise.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2017-nhl-draft.2360963/page-30

Some of the reactions in that thread is gold. I especially love the posters who flaunt their chest on every little ‘prediction’ they’ve made, but have been dead quiet on Elias this whole year :laugh:
I just don't understand at all. The fans who complained about the Pettersson pick and wanted Vilardi are the SAME fans that complained we drafted Virtanen over Nylander. Like how does that make any sense at all?! Shouldn't we pick the high skilled guy over the big meat and potatoes guy?!

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
also, hey Brock, we're gonna be carrying this team for many years to come :)
You betcha. Boeser -Pettersson-Dahlen :devdance:

Funny thing to note, I wanted us to draft Brock at 23 over everyone, just off the fact that we share the exact same birthdate, year and all dat. He’s out there killing the NHL while I’m making a stan account of a guy my age LOL

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I just don't understand at all. The fans who complained about the Pettersson pick and wanted Vilardi are the SAME fans that complained we drafted Virtanen over Nylander. Like how does that make any sense at all?! Shouldn't we pick the high skilled guy over the big meat and potatoes guy?!

How do you know this?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If Kane does indeed come here in the summer...

Kane - Horvat - Boeser
Dahlen - Petersson - Eriksson
Beartschi - Gaudette - Granlund
Gaunce - Sutter - Virtanen

dat depth tho

Relying on 3 rookies to make the Top 9 is not a bet I would take.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
The 2017 draft was all over the place though. Some people wanted glass. Some people wanted Vilardi. Some wanted Pettersson. Still. More wanted Makar, Mittelstadt and even others. It was as wide open as any recent draft has been.

It's not like 2016 when people were pretty much split between Tkachuk and Dubois, and they took Juolevi*, or 2014 when people were split between Nylander and Ehlers, and they took Virtanen.

Not much comparable at all.

* Yes, I know.

i feel like glass and vilardi had the lion share of the votes, pettersson might've been like 8th when we started doing polls and ended around 5th?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2017-nhl-draft.2360963/page-30

Some of the reactions in that thread is gold. I especially love the posters who flaunt their chest on every little ‘prediction’ they’ve made, but have been dead quiet on Elias this whole year :laugh:

gT4R4ik.png

maybe my happiest 15 mins of 2017

Reactions: vancityluongo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad