Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Best prospect weve had since the Sedins.

Be patient with him. SHL this year. AHL/ NHL next year.

Still needs to learn the NA style game w. The physicality and having less time and space w. The smaller rink. The worst thing the Canucks can do is rush him to the show when he isnt physically ready and have him sustain a major injury ala Nugent Hopkins in Edmonton. RnH has never reached his potential. They have very comparable body fram and physical maturity as well.

He is too skilled , talented and most.importantly smart to not succeed in NHL.

Very excited for the future when he is in the half wall on the PP setting up cross ice dimes to Boeser in the Ovi/ Stamkos area..

I almost have to pinch myself thinking we have petterson, gaudette,Lind, Demko , goldobin in the pipeline.

Juolevi is the biggest X factor. If he pans out then watch the hell out and get out of our way. We coming

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
giphy.gif
Don’t get hyped they say...

Being a Canucks fan, you’re prepared for failure..

But Pertterson has got me all like this

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Best prospect weve had since the Sedins.

Be patient with him. SHL this year. AHL/ NHL next year.

Still needs to learn the NA style game w. The physicality and having less time and space w. The smaller rink. The worst thing the Canucks can do is rush him to the show when he isnt physically ready and have him sustain a major injury ala Nugent Hopkins in Edmonton. RnH has never reached his potential. They have very comparable body fram and physical maturity as well.

He is too skilled , talented and most.importantly smart to not succeed in NHL.

Very excited for the future when he is in the half wall on the PP setting up cross ice dimes to Boeser in the Ovi/ Stamkos area..

I almost have to pinch myself thinking we have petterson, gaudette,Lind, Demko , goldobin in the pipeline.

Juolevi is the biggest X factor. If he pans out then watch the hell out and get out of our way. We coming

SHL this year and next and you've got a deal.

And I wanted Pettersson too :D

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cant wait to see whats next for him. I was on the Glass train before the draft but Pettersson has ALMOST made me forget about him. Very exciting :yo:

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Not to continue to go off topic, but I wanted to comment on the absurd posts spewed by RonningMorrisonBooth last night. While his interpretation of CanaFan's posts were obviously completely absurd (and in my opinion, disingenuous), the part that was possibly even more concerning was his reference to CanaFan "disrespecting" our prospects by being "critical". Its ludicrous to suggest that a prospect is "disrespected" if he is validly/reasonably criticized. This line of thinking implies that posters on this message board shouldn't validly and reasonably criticize any prospects so as to avoid "disrespecting them". Posters should be free to validly and reasonably criticize and prospects and anything to the contrary should not be tolerated.

Also, as an aside, CanaFan isn't a "pessimistic" poster. The overwhelming majority of prospects fail to make the NHL, and accordingly, any perspective that is grounded in this cannot be "pessimistic". The fact of the matter is that perspectives around here are generally optimistic and based on unlikely outcomes, which is fine but tends to unfairly paint those posters with "realistic" perspectives as "pessimists".

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Not to continue to go off topic, but I wanted to comment on the absurd posts spewed by RonningMorrisonBooth last night. While his interpretation of CanaFan's posts were obviously completely absurd (and in my opinion, disingenuous), the part that was possibly even more concerning was his reference to CanaFan "disrespecting" our prospects by being "critical". Its ludicrous to suggest that a prospect is "disrespected" if he is validly/reasonably criticized. This line of thinking implies that posters on this message board shouldn't validly and reasonably criticize any prospects so as to avoid "disrespecting them". Posters should be free to validly and reasonably criticize and prospects and anything to the contrary should not be tolerated.

Also, he is completely right.

Of those five guys, one or two may meet expectations, one or two will be okay but kinda disappointing, and one or two will probably be an outright bust.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Okay, I asked this somewhere in the last thread and it probably got buried so I didn't get an answer.

I see people talking about Pettersson coming over to NA next year and playing, or not. Whatever. However, it looks like he has a contract up to the end of the 19/20 season with Vaxjo. He doesn't have an ELC with the Canucks so it's not like he's being loaned either. Does he have an out? I thought he had to play that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad