Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
When did I say they were bad picks??????????????

I just pointed out that Lind & Glass are not the only guys that has stood out to begin the season.
yeah i may have missed the point ... wasn't suggesting bad picks, from what i saw it was missed the better pick. sorry. Thought you were doing something different, i.e. cherry picking after the fact on who should have been drafted. That happens a lot, but you were not doing that. My apologies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i was a heponiemi liker and i dont think i saw a single person cheering for him to be picked at 5 or 6. that said, 40 was pretty goddamn low and he was one of the guys i would have happily taken over lind (along with boqvist and probably a name or two ive forgotten)

edit: that said, i liked and still like the lind pick

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Backstrom was drafted 4th overall and has been a point per game player - awesome. So would it really be "great" if someone we drafted at 5th overall was a 'lite' version of him? So that's like a 0.7-0.8 ppg player? So he's a second line center that likely will lack any kind of physicality/checking component? He was described as the player with the highest potential offensively in the draft. It's just continually disappointing with these top 6 draft picks and the expectation to be thrilled if they even evolve into NHL players. If he turns into a "fine" hockey player, at 5th overall to me that's a disappointment. A one dimensional second line center taken with 5th overall doesn't scream great pick.

If you are comparing his evolution as a player to what we are seeing from our other two high draft picks - then yes a 2nd line player would be great. It's like in order to appreciate the development and drafting of the Canucks, you need to have a different mindset/expectations.

The reason I used "Backstrom-lite" is cause I didn't want to get ahead of myself and compare Pettersson to one of the top playmaking centres in the league. I guess a better way I could have put it is that it would be GREAT if Pettersson becomes a player comparable to current day Backstrom.

I know what his potential is and what he's capable of. I had Pettersson #3 on my pre-draft list for majority of last season.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Alright, back in action this morning. In case you weren't privy to it, I'm more excited for Växjö Lakers gamedays than Canucks gamedays right now.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Haven't seen him much lately but he appears to be doing alright on the scoresheet. First SHL goal today in his 9th game, 1+7 so far this season.

Reactions: BrockBesnar

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Haven't seen him much lately but he appears to be doing alright on the scoresheet. First SHL goal today in his 9th game, 1+7 so far this season.

Just alright ??

Almost point per game player in SHL as an 18 yr old rookie and tied for the team scoring lead ?

Tied btw w. Somone who is 35 yrs old.
SHL is a low scoring league so to be close to ppg is awesome.

Id say EP is doing better than just alright

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
EP is going to surpass nylanders shl season. Good draft pick by canucks

A lot of things to consider.
Nylander was used A LOT by Modo in his SHL season. He averaged 19:40 per game
Peterson averages 14:10 per game

But Nylander was younger than Peterson.
Nylander also shoots way more than Peterson.

Nylander's season was all time.

If Peterson could put up 0.70 P/GP that would be amazing.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Backstrom 40p in 45g is the record for d+1

Depends what you count but it isn't the record.
Nylander = 0.95 Pts/GP ----- 20 Points in 21 games
Henrik Sedin = 0.94 Pts/GP ---- 47 points in 50 games
Daniel Sedin = 0.90 Pts/GP --- 45 points in 50 games
Backstrom = 0.88 Pts/GP --- 40 points in 45 games

Points? yes it was pretty good, but not in terms of production to games played.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Just alright ??

Almost point per game player in SHL as an 18 yr old rookie and tied for the team scoring lead ?

Tied btw w. Somone who is 35 yrs old.
SHL is a low scoring league so to be close to ppg is awesome.

Id say EP is doing better than just alright
This. Pettersson is doing great!

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i was a heponiemi liker and i dont think i saw a single person cheering for him to be picked at 5 or 6. that said, 40 was pretty goddamn low and he was one of the guys i would have happily taken over lind (along with boqvist and probably a name or two ive forgotten)

edit: that said, i liked and still like the lind pick
Right here. I had him ahead of Lind and really liked his game. His playmaking ability is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad