Proposal: Elias Pettersson for Nick Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You're homer/heart narrative is not accurate.
Then provide us with what you are basing your assertions on. Simple. Several posters have asked you to do this. If it’s not based on feelings, it shouldn’t be hard.

He's not better in every area of the game. Don't exaggerate. He's better at producing points yes. There it is, the word... Ridiculous. A word used on HF boards far to often.
What is Suzuki better at?

Reactions: Ita

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Others have politely asked you what his intangibles are and why you think Suzuki is better defensively. These are your assertions, and you have the burden to prove them.

Instead of providing a rebuttal, you just dodged the question entirely. This is not an argument in good faith.

You could just admit that you think Suzuki is better because you feel like it. If this is not what you are trying to convent, at least provide some concrete information to back up your claims.

They have asked Politely? Maybe one poster.

I have already admitted that I give the edge to Suzuki last year and Pettersson the edge today. You have not been paying attention well. What you want to hear is me say there is a massive gap cause of the points. That you will not hear from me. Sorry

Then provide us with what you are basing your assertions on. Simple. Several posters have asked you to do this. If it’s not based on feelings, it shouldn’t be hard.

What is Suzuki better at?

Already told you that I'm not doing this for you based on your behaver. Try not to come in full guns a blazing next time.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
But they are not though. There is an obvious huge difference in production and the defensive metrics for Pettersson is also better. If you disagree, please justify why they are "close enough" in your eyes.

No. I don't have to respond to agressive questioning. Someone popped up an old thread to troll us, I can still give my opinion, and I can go about my day. If someone wants to do the work to prove me wrong, go at it. Or don't. I actually don't care.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

I have already admitted that I give the edge to Suzuki last year and Pettersson the edge today. You have not been paying attention well.

Already told you that I'm not doing this for you based on your behaver. Try not to come in full guns a blazing next time.
No he’s asking what you think Suzuki is better at, and to provide support for those assertions, as are many of us. You continue to avoid answering.

No. I don't have to respond to agressive questioning. Someone popped up an old thread to troll us, I can still give my opinion, and I can go about my day. If someone wants to do the work to prove me wrong, go at it. Or don't. I actually don't care.
There is no work to be done. Suzuki is pacing for 63 points, Pettersson for 107 points. Pettersson has 4 seasons better than Suzuki’s career high. There is nothing left to prove.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Some can’t be convinced no matter the evidence. Coming to peace with that helped me.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Today I Learned that in some circles McDavid is not as valuable as Dylan Larkin because "intangibles and players can be evaluated differently"

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No he’s asking what you think Suzuki is better at, and to provide support for those assertions, as are many of us. You continue to avoid answering.

There is no work to be done. Suzuki is pacing for 63 points, Pettersson for 107 points. Pettersson has 4 seasons better than Suzuki’s career high. There is nothing left to prove.
The only thing you can say Suzuki is better at is faceoffs. Both are bad at them, but Pettersson is worse.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

I have already admitted that I give the edge to Suzuki last year and Pettersson the edge today. You have not been paying attention well. What you want to hear is me say there is a massive gap cause of the points. That you will not hear from me. Sorry

Several others have asked you to do the same thing. Doesn’t seem to be a me issue.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I know what he is asking. I'm avoiding it cause the line in the sand has already been drawn. Edge to Suzuki last year and edge to Petterson this year. He's having a very good season but I don't consider him a 100 pts forward forever now.

Pettersson may have the points edge over Suzuki and it's fair to say that. But I don't evaluate on points only remember. Go look at the difference between a prime Crosby and a prime McDavid and see why some would pick Crosby and some would pick McDavid. It's kind of like that but not exactly the same.

Now go ahead and belittle the narrative.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think neither team makes this trade, simply because they are close enough that neither team will take the risk of the acquired player not fitting in on a new team, new city, new organization. It's a legit risk to take when improving your team makeup, but for roughly comparable player playing the same age, both fitting in well where they are.... why risk it ?
Neither team makes the trade? That's rich coming from the Habs fan because Suzuki is not close to EP at all. Pettersson not only can put up 100 points, but is now blocking shots, defending and plays PK too. He even has Selke votes. Montreal would trade not only Suzuki for him, they would probably add Caufield just for good measures to get the deal done if he was available.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The nails are in the coffin, it's been lowered to the bottom and they are shoveling the dirt on top.

This thread is dead.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
So... points are the only thing that define a player's value ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only thing you can say Suzuki is better at is faceoffs. Both are bad at them, but Pettersson is worse.

Edge to Suzuki on faceoffs and I think he is better in physical traffic. Not like Suzuki is a huge physical center but I do value his ability to deal with bigger centers and D better.

My debate here is I do think Pettersson gets the edge today. I've said a few times now. But some fans want Habs fans to say there is a massive gap and we would be dumb not to make the trade. Not how I see the gap and I see more movement to come in the future.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can we please let this thread die so it stops popping up on the top of the TDL posts.
There’s some real trades happening right now and we don’t need to clutter this with one delusional fan’s views on value.

Reactions: Aqualung

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I know what he is asking. I'm avoiding it cause the line in the sand has already been drawn. Edge to Suzuki last year and edge to Petterson this year. He's having a very good season but I don't consider him a 100 pts forward forever now.

Pettersson may have the points edge over Suzuki and it's fair to say that. But I don't evaluate on points only remember. Go look at the difference between a prime Crosby and a prime McDavid and see why some would pick Crosby and some would pick McDavid. It's kind of like that but not exactly the same.

Sure, Crosby is maybe better than McDavid. Because Crosby is an elite defensive player and a beast in corners. Pettersson is a much better defensive player than Suzuki though. Their impacts aren't even remotely close. EP is a top 20 defensive C in the league over his career. Suzuki has well below average defensive impact.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

How many times do you need to be asked and by how many people: what are you evaluating on?

You say it isn’t feelings, you say it isn’t points. What is it then?

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Too many belittle posters hiding in the shadows. I think Suzuki handles contract better in the trenches, is better on faceoffs and Pettersson to me does put up 100 pts on the Habs.

I do think Pettersson has a higher points production edge for sure. But when I add up all the context where Suzuki is better in some other areas, I don't see a need for either team to even consider the trade. I said that last year too.
Yeah, I’ve seen some of the replies and I understand your reluctance.

I don’t agree with you but thank you for answering.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Dude Petersson is not only better than Suzuki on offense, he is better than him on defense too. Maybe watch EP and see how he plays before you even compare him to Suzuki. EP is also a better passer and has the hardest shot in the league. He clearly edges Suzuki in every aspect of hockey and even height.

How many times do you need to be asked and by how many people: what are you evaluating on?

You say it isn’t feelings, you say it isn’t points. What is it then?
Maybe it's Suzuki's good looks and charm but even Pettersson beats him at that 🤣

Reactions: Garbageyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad