Value of: Elias Lindholm

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We obviously would not go into the season with all of Spurgeon, Dumba and Faulk on the roster.

Right, and again, for Fenton to presume that he could then unload one at fair value that addresses our need would either be the ballsiest move ever made, or magic.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Right, and again, for Fenton to presume that he could then unload one at fair value that addresses our need would either be the ballsiest move ever made, or magic.

I mean, there really isn't any shortage of teams looking for RD so it wouldn't shock me too much

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, there really isn't any shortage of teams looking for RD so it wouldn't shock me too much

Yeah and how many of them have the piece we’d be looking for, and would be willing to part with it?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yeah and how many of them have the piece we’d be looking for, and would be willing to part with it?

Considering I don't know what it is Minnesota is looking for I really can't answer that but I feel like Edmonton, Toronto, Islanders and Vegas just for starters would pony up for Spurgeon

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Considering I don't know what it is Minnesota is looking for I really can't answer that but I feel like Edmonton, Toronto, Islanders and Vegas just for starters would pony up for Spurgeon

And I can tell you the only player from those teams that fits what we’re looking for AND has been rumored to be available is Nylander. Now tell me, do YOU think Spurgeon for Nylander could happen?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe someone, maybe no one. Obviously you don't make either deal without both more or less in place.

That’s what I’m saying. It doesn’t make sense to speculate or discuss us acquiring Faulk because that would assume a bigger deal is in place to send out Dumba or Spurgeon first.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That’s what I’m saying. It doesn’t make sense to speculate or discuss us acquiring Faulk because that would assume a bigger deal is in place to send out Dumba or Spurgeon first.
If we're talking about the proposal earlier in the thread I do think it's kind of awkward:

Nino+Brodin for Faulk+Lindholm
Spurgeon for a LD+?
or Spurgeon for <something>, then sign a UFA LD?

But if it was more like:

Nino for Faulk
Spurgeon for <whatever one would want back for Spurgeon>

That doesn't seem crazy to me, especially since you'd have quite a bit of flexibility in terms of what you'd need to get back for Spurgeon. Our top-4 would still be in pretty good shape and, while losing Nino would sting, we're pretty well equipped to deal with the loss of a LW.

Not that I really advocate trading Spurgeon or Nino; they're both very valuable to the Wild. But if someone was willing to pay big for a top pairing RD...

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

I think it's because the originally proposed deal would have too many moving parts, if it was just a forward for Faulk swap it would be a lot less complicated.

Regardless, seems likes moves just for the sake of moves

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe you should just use the term "Nordic" instead of individual countries, lol.
I was about to suggest Scandinavian until I read further into the thread :laugh:

Just don't call them all Scandinavians, the Finns will riot.
We have a Flames fan from Finland coming to our CFHF draft party this year, I shall ask.

Well, at least CI will.
If I can convince him to come to our draft party, I will gladly test this theory out. :naughty:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
There's a chance Lindholm has a lot more to give, but a decent chance he doesn't either IMO. A lot of the same things being said with Lindholm today, were being said with Bjugstad a few years ago. The book is closer to being closed on the latter, IMO.

That said, he still has a lot of room for growth and clearly has never even touched his ceiling yet. I'd still value him pretty significantly league-wide.

The problem when you get into valuation with him (while he clearly has value) is your going to need to provide incentive for Carolina to move him, given the investment they have given into him and their need for someone to take a top 6 C position and run with it.....which makes his value to the Canes more than his true value in a vacuum.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I think he will look good on a line with Pettersson. What does Carolina want from Van?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If Brassard was willing to sign an extension, would CAR be interested in something like that? Older, more expensive, but also better (at least currently).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad