Value of: Elias Lindholm

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He should be. His versatility, in being able to play up and down the lineup in different situations potentially at different positions (RW for sure, spent much of the 2nd half at C), makes it difficult not to envision him somewhere in the lineup moving forward.

Of course, if his contract demands as an RFA are excessive, he'd be a trade candidate. That goes for anyone in that range.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He's probably not available, but he's kind of on my June Christmas List for Minnesota. I'm not sure how Carolina fans feel about it, but personally I'd be interested in Brodin for Lindholm or Nino for Lindholm +. The Brodin one might make some sense if the O'Reilly for Hanifin chatter really turns into something.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He's probably not available, but he's kind of on my June Christmas List for Minnesota. I'm not sure how Carolina fans feel about it, but personally I'd be interested in Brodin for Lindholm or Nino for Lindholm +. The Brodin one might make some sense if the O'Reilly for Hanifin chatter really turns into something.

There’s a lot of interesting fits on both sides if the two teams want to make a shakeup trade.

Something to keep an eye on, perhaps.

Reactions: Unsustainable

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The team seems to love the guy, Peters loved him and Brindy seems to love him. I don’t want him moved at all, I think he’s hitting his stride but his name does get mentioned.

Hopefully just wishful thinking from everyone else. There’s very little he would bring back in trade that I’d want over him. Very solid all around player, and they’re finally playing him at center where he belongs.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I really like him during the draft and was almost certain he'd be the next swedish superstar. Weird how he just hasn't really lived up to that offensive potential yet. He has these few games of brilliance and then kind of fizzles out offensively and never really gets rolling.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What the ****? Why?

So we can give Soucy or Seeler top 4 minutes and Faulk can play on our third pairing?

Shit I didn’t even think about that. You’re right. I was just getting excited about lindholm.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thinking out loud here... but would there be any interest in Dougie Hamilton+ for Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm? Or Sam Bennett & Michael Ferland for Elias Lindholm?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
He would cost a 2019 second round pick sign him to an offer sheet on July 1st 4 years 4 million per if they do not match you get Lindholm if they match then they keep him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He would cost a 2019 second round pick sign him to an offer sheet on July 1st 4 years 4 million per if they do not match you get Lindholm if they match then they keep him.

He would have to agree to sign said offer sheet. Given the cap is going up, that Rask got $4M, and what other players are making, he may not be willing to do that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Thinking out loud here... but would there be any interest in Dougie Hamilton+ for Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm? Or Sam Bennett & Michael Ferland for Elias Lindholm?

Not even a little bit interested in either.

Lindholm is the only player that I've heard Rod Brind'Amour single out as a guy who has more offense to provide. I'd think it would be highly unlikely that he is moved. The hope is that he meshes with Svechnikov and forms a scoring line to compliment Aho-Teravainen. I don't think 60-70 points is out of Elias's range with a star winger (similar to Couturier).

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I think the Canes would take a long look at that.

I just see Buffalo as a team that could take on the Darling contract. It has 3 years, but if he returns to form it’s a fair deal. And it gives Ullmark a veteran to go up against. Also gives the locker room a guy who has won before.

What if it was simply O’Reilly/McCabe for Lindholm/Hanifin? Is that close at all? Or I should put it this way, could we see Waddel/Brindamour doing something like that?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I just see Buffalo as a team that could take on the Darling contract. It has 3 years, but if he returns to form it’s a fair deal. And it gives Ullmark a veteran to go up against. Also gives the locker room a guy who has won before.

What if it was simply O’Reilly/McCabe for Lindholm/Hanifin? Is that close at all? Or I should put it this way, could we see Waddel/Brindamour doing something like that?

O'Rielly for me is roughly worth Hanifin alone or Lindholm plus a 2nd/B prospect. Jake McCabe is completely worthless to the Canes. Slavin, Fleury, and Jake Bean are all LHD that have better pedigree, floors, and ceilings.

So no, that isn't close. I personally wouldn't do Hanifin/Lindholm/Darling for ROR/McCabe/Lehner either. Seems like terrible value for the Canes. Although I don't believe in Lehner as a #1G solution so that is a pretty big sticking point.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think he's going to flirt with 60 points this year. I'd hang onto all the Finns up front if I was Carolina. I think several players on that roster are going to take big steps this year, including Hanifin just maybe not in Carolina

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad