Elder Scrolls VI Announced

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This game is (probably) years out not sure why make a thread now. :laugh:

There’s no way the game is set in just High Rock so it is probably Hammerfell or Elsweyr shown here.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looks like a desert to me so Hammerfell or Elsweyr. The huge body of water doesn’t really give anything away.

Hammerfell is my guess, which would be great. Redguards have a ton of awesome, untapped lore, and they are right in the thick of the Thalmor stuff we should be picking up after Skyrim.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
People already pinpointing the location. Seems to be Hammerfell. I wouldn’t be shocked if it were both Hammerfell and High Rock.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Amazing news. I need this now.

Probably Hammerfell from the looks of it. Jagged sand eroded landscape next to an ocean.

acb.jpg

Reactions: Sigh and Max Money

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I definitely think doing the Illiac Bay again is possible, but my money is still this being Hammerfell and just Hammerfell.

Though maybe we do get a little bit of High Rock and the Adamant Tower since it is in the bay.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I definitely think doing the Illiac Bay again is possible, but my money is still this being Hammerfell and just Hammerfell.

Though maybe we do get a little bit of High Rock and the Adamant Tower since it is in the bay.
I would think it has to be Hammerfell or Elsweyr, with the possibility of multiple provinces of course.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This game is (probably) years out not sure why make a thread now. :laugh:

There’s no way the game is set in just High Rock so it is probably Hammerfell or Elsweyr shown here.
Bethesda doesn't usually announce games that early, I'd guess much less than that. Fallout 76 is an online game so I wouldn't expect it to affect the es release date, different audiences

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Could be High Rock and Hammerfell. IIRC, they're right next to each other.

Gotta admit I'm disappointed it's not Elsweyr though. Kahjit have gotten the short end of the stick in the past few ES games, so it'd be nice to have a game where they're the occupying race and everyone else are outsiders

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Could be High Rock and Hammerfell. IIRC, they're right next to each other.

Gotta admit I'm disappointed it's not Elsweyr though. Kahjit have gotten the short end of the stick in the past few ES games, so it'd be nice to have a game where they're the occupying race and everyone else are outsiders

The beast races have never gotten any real love.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm pretty sure in the Skyrim lore Hammerfell is an independent province, but also war ravaged.

Yeah they broke off from the Empire after the Empire sold them out. They kept fighting and fought the elves to a stalemate.

Would be the front line for a new war against the racist elves.

Sword songs could also be a shout replacement.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah they broke off from the Empire after the Empire sold them out. They kept fighting and fought the elves to a stalemate.

Would be the front line for a new war against the racist elves.

Sword songs could also be a shout replacement.
Would be the perfect place for a lot of politics and covert ops type stuff as it's a neutral province friendly with no one that both sides want to control.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Would be the perfect place for a lot of politics and covert ops type stuff as it's a neutral province friendly with no one that both sides want to control.

Redguards also have a neat pantheon, and links to a sunken continent far in the path. They got some interesting internal factions that are squabbling as well.

It also has a real North African vibe, which would be neat to see in a fantasy setting. Good change of pace from Tolkien or Norse fantasy stuff.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Hammerfell makes for a better subtitle for the game than High Rock and Elswyer (i.e. The Elder Scrolls VI: Hammerfell). I'm an advocate of choosing the name that sounds the coolest and then building the game backwards from that.

The beast races have never gotten any real love.

Are you saying that beasts need love, too?

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->