Elayoubi and Androcopoulos (the case of 2 ghosts prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Two years ago... a lot a people were saying that Elayoubi was the best prospect from the province of Quebec since Mario Lemieux...Yes Mario.

Now this guy wont be drafted. He is the perfect case of great talent (not like Mario) and no brain. This kid has the talent to earn a lot of money in the NHL but it seems that he preferes to work in a McDonald for the rest of his life.

For me, Patrice Brisebois won the last ten years in a row the NO_GUTS award. But the year, Elayoubi will win it easily.

Concerning Androcopoulos, the Red Line Report was saying in the summer of 2003 that the Quebec Remparts were lucky to put their hands on this kid. In there book, he was a top ten candidate.

Seriously, if a team draft this kid in the first three rounds they need to kick out their head scout. This kid is small and need to go back home because he does play with is heart in Quebec. The talent is there but it is not working for him. Maybe a bad coach because the d-men coach in Quebec is not a good one. Maybe he did not progress.

It cost a lot of money to Patrick Roy to bring that kid in Quebec. Pat should protect his investment.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
MikeC said:
Two years ago... a lot a people were saying that Elayoubi was the best prospect from the province of Quebec since Mario Lemieux...Yes Mario.

Now this guy wont be drafted. He is the perfect case of great talent (not like Mario) and no brain. This kid has the talent to earn a lot of money in the NHL but it seems that he preferes to work in a McDonald for the rest of his life.

For me, Patrice Brisebois won the last ten years in a row the NO_GUTS award. But the year, Elayoubi will win it easily.

I'm from the region where Elayoubi comes from and I've never heard comparisons to Lemieux at all.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
rahan said:
I'm from the region where Elayoubi comes from and I've never heard comparisons to Lemieux at all.

I second this :dunno:

But it's true that Elayoubi was talked about for a long time as a great prospect, a few of my friends played with him and even if he had attitude and work ethic problems, he was definitely extremely talented.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Duff88 said:

But it's true that Elayoubi was talked about for a long time as a great prospect, a few of my friends played with him and even if he had attitude and work ethic problems, he was definitely extremely talented.

he still is extremeley talented. But the CHL isnt a place for players who dont want to work.

Imagine if he worked as hard as Verrault-Paul. That kid really impressed me last year, he worked his butt off, he came into camp as a no-body and made the team as a 5'07 16 year old and played a key 3rd line role in the playoffs.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Leroux From RDS and the junior gourou from the Journal de Montreal compared him to Lemieux (not to lemieux but the best talent since him).

Duff88

May 7, 2002
MikeC said:
Leroux From RDS and the junior gourou from the Journal de Montreal compared him to Lemieux (not to lemieux but the best talent since him).

Leroux, from what I've heard from him while watching RDS, seems to be extremely limited in hockey knowledge.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Duff88 said:

Yeah Elayoubi was once hyped to the #2 05 eligible prospect after Crosby. But he was never, ever comparated to Lemieux.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
markov` said:
That's a dumb comment. Leroux see more QJMHL hockey than any of us. It's his job.

I know, he sees a lot of QMJHL hockey, but he sometimes look like he doesn't know what he's talking about, like if he'd know the player's names and stats but he didn't know anything about him.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Andricopolous should have gone to the NTDP. He and Joe Ryan had signed the contract to go to the NTDP and then backed out. I think the Q was the right place for Ryan. He is less skilled than Andricopolous but much tougher. Andricololous is very skilled but never seems to have his head in the game. He should have played for USA Hockey, at least he would have been able to play in all the International Tournaments before he hangs up his skates and gets a job. He would have had a full scholarship to any Hockey East school he wanted to attend.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Duff88 said:
I know, he sees a lot of QMJHL hockey, but he sometimes look like he doesn't know what he's talking about, like if he'd know the player's names and stats but he didn't know anything about him.

I second that. Leroux is a clown. His predictions are always bs, and his reports are, most of the time, either obvious or contentless. Sure, he watches the games, but he just doesn't seem to see it properly.

mark0v, you should read your past 20 posts before saying someone says something dumb.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
MikeC said:

Concerning Androcopoulos, the Red Line Report was saying in the summer of 2003 that the Quebec Remparts were lucky to put their hands on this kid. In there book, he was a top ten candidate.

Seriously, if a team draft this kid in the first three rounds they need to kick out their head scout. This kid is small and need to go back home because he does play with is heart in Quebec. The talent is there but it is not working for him. Maybe a bad coach because the d-men coach in Quebec is not a good one. Maybe he did not progress.

It cost a lot of money to Patrick Roy to bring that kid in Quebec. Pat should protect his investment.

I heard Elayoubi wants to go to university, I hardly think it's for a trainee session at the golden arches.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
I think Leroux should not be considered as an expert of hockey. He was probably placed there by rds years ago while he was still hoping to host one day a bowling show!!! :lol

I remember something from last year Q draft in Baie-Comeau was that he was going to every team's table one after the other to get food.( des ptites sandwiches pas de croutes). That was so funny, he must have eaten at least 25 sandwiches , 10 chips bags, 15 pepsi....... :lol he was seriously stealing the show that day !

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Laurentides said:
I think Leroux should not be considered as an expert of hockey. He was probably placed there by rds years ago while he was still hoping to host one day a bowling show!!! :lol

I remember something from last year Q draft in Baie-Comeau was that he was going to every team's table one after the other to get food.( des ptites sandwiches pas de croutes). That was so funny, he must have eaten at least 25 sandwiches , 10 chips bags, 15 pepsi....... :lol he was seriously stealing the show that day !

:lol :lol :lol

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
markov` said:
Yeah Elayoubi was once hyped to the #2 05 eligible prospect after Crosby. But he was never, ever comparated to Lemieux.

Your wrong I followed this kid closely, people were comparing him to Lemieux, talent wise. No scout said this but many many people did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad