Eklund: The End (of the Lockout) is Near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackdogs*

PepNCheese said:
Never had any to start with.
You guys should look up what a blog is. Or better yet quit posting on the Eklund threads. Go tell kids there is no santa claus, same diff. :shakehead

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
hockeymistress said:
Have all this handy when some resolution actually finally DOES happen and everyone screams, "See, he was RIGHT!"

The guy is eventually going to have to be right if every other day he is posting, "A resolution is coming, it's going to be announced..."

For all the times he has been dead wrong, he'll finally get it right once and people will be jumping for joy and saying he is legit.

H.

The simple counter is even the sun shines on a dogs butt every now and then... or the ever so wonderful if you throw enough crap against the wall, some of it will stick.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Eklund just listens to all the media reports and draws his own conclusion. Almost every major announcement he has made has come after the media leaking something. Everytime there are talks going on, he's says a deal is close to happening. He never strays too far away from reason, thus making his thoughts somewhat hopeful. He adds his own elaborations to every media leak, and if nothing happens, everyone just thinks that the talks went south and they broke off. By doing this he will be right eventually even if the proposal he suggested or heard through the media isn't right. By calling the lockout over everytime the two sides meet, he will eventually be right and look like a true insider. Everytime they meet, they are trying to end the lockout and everybody knows that even if there are rumors that a deal is close, those talks can eventually lead to nothing. He's pulling our legs people. I guarantee I can start up the same sort of site and run it on these principles and I could get people excited. He can basically say whatever he wants when it comes to behind the scenes things and noone will be able to prove him wrong because noone knows the exact happenings. Especially if he ties what he says to something leaked in the media, it only seems more believable. I will not believe this guy unless, he leaks something before any other media source does, and it turns out to be 95% true.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I in the Eye said:
Eklund = paparazzi, IMO

Never gets invited to the party, but probably has low-level sources that know (or have heard 'rumblings' through the grapevine) where the parties are - and then he camps outside... Hey, I was there!

IMO, he's likely bent the truth a bit (or a lot), and now that the blog has gotten bigger than he originally thought, to come out would perhaps expose these half-truths... Pure speculation on my part...

I think Eklund wears the big cowboy hat, but has no (or a small herd of) cattle... I would think that real respected journalists would always put their name behind their work - a stamp of approval... and sell their exclusive stories to media outlets for $... It is, afterall, their career...

But it's a fun read, nonetheless, IMO...

If Ecklund was a genuine journalist why wouldn't he put his name to it? If he gets a few inside scoops, then his name become known as cult figure, he gets his head on TV as guest a couple of times, and wham he's working fulltime for ESPN or a newspaper.

The only reason he wouldn't want his name known was if he was a fulltime journalist with one of these organisations already (which his says he isn't). Even that is pushing the bounds of credibility. Strachan and co would love a blog to get more people talking about them.

So what does that leave? Some nobody, who isnt anything to anybody?

rwilson99

me2 said:
If Ecklund was a genuine journalist why wouldn't he put his name to it? If he gets a few inside scoops, then his name become known as cult figure, he gets his head on TV as guest a couple of times, and wham he's working fulltime for ESPN or a newspaper.

The only reason he wouldn't want his name was if he was a fulltime journalist with one of these organisations already (which his says he isn't).

So what does that leave? Some nobody, who isnt anything to anybody?

During his chat today Ecklund promised to out himself after the start of the season.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Travelin Man said:
Eklund can be wronng 99 times and be an ass.

Then he'll be right 1 time and become God!!!

This is no differrent than all the trade deadline rumors.

Finally someone gets it. I doubt you realize it though.

This is EXACTLY like trade deadline rumours. Yet people don't flood those threads with questions about credibility. People fill the threads with their opinions about the rumour. Would it be a good trade, bad trade, fair trade. Good for the long run, short run? A sign of a team giving up? Sure there are some comments about the credibility of the source, but not 75% of the posts in the thread.

I don't envy the moderators who are supposed to keep threads on topic, but they haven't done a good job at moderating any threads with ties to Eklund. There must have been at least 10-15 threads with ties to Eklunds blog, unfortunately rarely are the posts related to the rumours.

Seem to be a lot of jealous, derogatory posters. Oh yeah, I live in this world, I guess I should have expected it.

cxreg

Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Thornton97 said:
he didn't say it--his source did. that still gives him a way out.

Certainly hope his source is correct, though.

His source:
1214200P.JPG

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i missed the eklund chat today- was it awe inspiring? :) i like his blog- it's very entertaining. t-minus 1 minute before the obsessors return :joker:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Apparently Eklund's source is going to tell Eklund who he is. Any bets on Eklund being the Queen of England (couldn't be any worse than most of his stuff)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad