Eklund: "I think Flyers should pick Esposito 2nd"

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
"I think the Flyers should jump on him at #2. I truly believe he is the player they need, and I have been saying for weeks that Angelo is being completely overlooked for his talents. I have talked to some people I really trust and they say he is "far and away" the most talented player in this draft, and due to the pressure he has been under by coming in so young and being touted so highly. He is the Phil Kessel of this draft and I believe is the most NHL ready now.."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8104

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
"I think the Flyers should jump on him at #2. I truly believe he is the player they need, and I have been saying for weeks that Angelo is being completely overlooked for his talents. I have talked to some people I really trust and they say he is "far and away" the most talented player in this draft, and due to the pressure he has been under by coming in so young and being touted so highly. He is the Phil Kessel of this draft and I believe is the most NHL ready now.."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8104

Not that I don't think eklund is full of s..t but it does say he is quoting a source

Another source, "I would be shocked if the Habs do not move up and get Esposito." A few words about Angelo. I think the Flyers should jump on him at #2. I truly believe he is the player they need, and I have been saying for weeks that Angelo is being completely overlooked for his talents. I have talked to some people I really trust and they say he is "far and away" the most talented player in this draft, and due to the pressure he has been under by coming in so young and being touted so highly. He is the Phil Kessel of this draft and I believe is the most NHL ready now..

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
I think he intentionally says such stupid things to keep people talking about him and visiting his site. Seems to be working.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Holmgren: "I think Eklund's an idiot". But seriously, Eklund doesn't know anything about scouting or how to evaluate prospects. He's a guy who started posting on flyersphans.com, conned his way into getting some real sources, and parlayed that into a website where he charges people. I'm not going to dispute that he now has some real sources, but that doesn't mean he knows **** about hockey or how to evaluate a prospect. He's a message board poster just like all of us and I doubt he's even seen 5 prospects in this draft play a full game, if that.

He can write all the rumors he wants and occasionally they're true, but he should leave the scouting to the organization that has done quite well with first rounds picks the last 5 years and beyond (Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Giroux, Downie are the last 5, before that Gagne and Williams for instance).

GSK*

In some way, he had reason.

May be not at #2 overall but the scouting report are always focusing on the last year of a player, I think Esposito is the second most talented player of this draft and quite underrated now.

IMO, I could see Esposito becoming better than Kane.

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
I never got what the (ex) thing meant exactly.

That's a good thing, since it'll just confuse you into believing his ridiculous butt-fodder ramblings.

Eklund would like you to believe that his sources are tighter than an eagle's ass in a nosedive; but in reality, he's about as unreliable as a Ford Pinto going uphill on cinderblocks.

Eklund's rating system is as self-promoting as it gets. I compare it to a cat licking it's own nuts... embarassing from the cat's stand point, and embarassing from the observer's standpoint, and yet it's too funny not to watch. The cat thoroughly enjoys it, yet the observer thinks its disgusting... and subsequently can't look away.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
In some way, he had reason.

May be not at #2 overall but the scouting report are always focusing on the last year of a player, I think Esposito is the second most talented player of this draft and quite underrated now.

IMO, I could see Esposito becoming better than Kane.

I agree. If you're talking about offensive skill, you could make a very strong case for Esposito being the top dog in this draft. I'm not saying I would choose him 2nd, mostly because I think he plays a bit timidly at times, but he's definitely shown that he has a level to his game that basically no one (except Kane) has shown to posess.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
At this point, he's probably just saying idiotic stuff to attract attention. You're only helping him by paying it any mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->