Speculation: Eklund At It Again

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
After dropping Richards and Voynov the Kings are fine with the cap for this year. Their biggest contracts coming up will be Kopi and Lucic but they'll figure things out after that.

Just for argument's sake? They'd want to offload Dustin Brown first. So if you hear anything about "experience", that's probably what they mean.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
After dropping Richards and Voynov the Kings are fine with the cap for this year. Their biggest contracts coming up will be Kopi and Lucic but they'll figure things out after that.

Just for argument's sake? They'd want to offload Dustin Brown first. So if you hear anything about "experience", that's probably what they mean.

They didnt drop Richards, I'm looking for the tweet but they are stuck with a percentage of his cap hit for a LONG TIME.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jason-Lewis/Kings-and-Richards-Finally-Reach-a-Settlement/179/71593

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Regarding Mike Richards-LAK settlement that's expected to be concluded today: 1. LAK will pay the cap recapture penalty for next 5 years.

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

LAK will also face annual cap hit equal to dollars being paid out to annually to Richards and cap hit will last as long payment schedule.

Elliotte Friedman

@FriedgeHNIC

Hearing that Mike Richards will be on the cap until 2031. Not sure of payment, but that is the term.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie Oct 10

We know Mike Richards' payout from LAK goes until 2031 (!) but we don't know (yet) exact $ figure. Shouldn't, for now, be too hard to guess

Just guesswork, but I suspect number somewhere in middle, around $8.35M, give or take a million. We'll see how close, or not, it ends up.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
They didnt drop Richards, I'm looking for the tweet but they are stuck with a percentage of his cap hit for a LONG TIME.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jason-Lewis/Kings-and-Richards-Finally-Reach-a-Settlement/179/71593

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Regarding Mike Richards-LAK settlement that's expected to be concluded today: 1. LAK will pay the cap recapture penalty for next 5 years.

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

LAK will also face annual cap hit equal to dollars being paid out to annually to Richards and cap hit will last as long payment schedule.

Elliotte Friedman

@FriedgeHNIC

Hearing that Mike Richards will be on the cap until 2031. Not sure of payment, but that is the term.

We know Mike Richards' payout from LAK goes until 2031 (!) but we don't know (yet) exact $ figure. Shouldn't, for now, be too hard to guess

Just guesswork, but I suspect number somewhere in middle, around $8.35M, give or take a million. We'll see how close, or not, it ends up.

Not sure it's accurate but a couple of the cap sites have it at just over a million per year.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Honestly though I'm keeping a very close eye on the Darryl Sutter situation over there.

(insert everyone else saying "it's not happening, cappy is here forever")

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not sure it's accurate but a couple of the cap sites have it at just over a million per year.

I think it's BS that Lombardi is wiggling his way out of this with a lesser penalty for the Kings. I've heard that there is non-precedent language in this settlement, but I'm sure someone will figure out a way to circumvent that somehow when a team wants to get out of a bad contract. It's opening up a can of worms.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
If anything is happening it's Richards now that the money issues are settled...Carter because of the Richards connection...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad