Eklund anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Wow, sounds juicy! I have my own sources in this, so we'll see what they have to say when I bring up this rumour. Looks like the NHL's persistence is going to pay off in the next best thing to cracking the union, getting rid of Goodenow. Now if only we could see the same happen to his counterpart and we can start anew with none of this crap occurring every 10 years. Mike Gartner and... ??? Sounds like an improvement to me. The story would make sense considering Goodenow's reluctance to negotiate. Could BOTH guys in this war be on the outs after the lockout ends? I'm confident we'll be seeing hockey come mid-February!

Crows*

The lack of bettman and goodnow in the meetings would make sense to that.

WE will soon see if eklund's almighty power is correct;) hahaa

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Crows said:
The lack of bettman and goodnow in the meetings would make sense to that.

WE will soon see if eklund's almighty power is correct;) hahaa

Hes been 0 for about 20 so far...though sooner or later one of his wild predictions will come true. :rolleyes:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
OK ok ok... Ive had it.

Look, Ive been one of the people saying "lets hear Eklund out" on here, but ive had enough of his B.S.

Folks, Ive watched the last 3 posts and they were put up less than an hr after each latest NHL/NHLPA update. Hes making stuff up on top of truthful statements. Not only that but hes the only person in the hockey universe who apparently has heard about this "tiered" system... its because HE MADE IT UP.

But now? Not, hes saying that, in the middle of a CBA negotiation, Goodenow stepping down( as much as I would love it)? BULL FECES!!! There is no way that happens in the middle of a CBA negotiation... theres a first time for everything, but its NEVER happened before. Fact is, its NOT happening.

You know me folks, im not Pro-player by any stretch, but lets be serious now... I was part of the excitment about Eklund.. he was wrong about his "deal" on the weekend and hes making stuff up.

And ill say it right now: If Im Wrong Ill post it right here admitting it, but were being taken for a ride.

I hope im wrong, but I dont think I am. :(

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
no13matssundin said:
OK ok ok... Ive had it.

Look, Ive been one of the people saying "lets hear Eklund out" on here, but ive had enough of his B.S.

Folks, Ive watched the last 3 posts and they were put up less than an hr after each latest NHL/NHLPA update. Hes making stuff up on top of truthful statements. Not only that but hes the only person in the hockey universe who apparently has heard about this "tiered" system... its because HE MADE IT UP.

But now? Not, hes saying that, in the middle of a CBA negotiation, Goodenow stepping down? BULL FECES!!! There is no way that happens in the middle of a CBA negotiation... its NEVER happened before. Fact is, its NOT happening.

You know me folks, im not Pro-player by any stretch, but lets be serious now... I was part of the excitment about Eklund.. he was wrong about his "deal" on the weekend and hes making stuff up.

And ill say it right now: If Im Wrong Ill post it right here admitting it, but were being taken for a ride.

I hope im wrong, but I dont think I am. :(

Thank you.

And as long as people keep feeding into his BS he will continue to post it(Eklund). Which is why Im puzzled why these posts are allowed. Im sure he is here somewhere laughing it up..how so many people talk about all the BS he reports. He just wants attention and boy hes getting it.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Hab-a-maniac said:
Wow, sounds juicy! I have my own sources in this, so we'll see what they have to say when I bring up this rumour. Looks like the NHL's persistence is going to pay off in the next best thing to cracking the union, getting rid of Goodenow. Now if only we could see the same happen to his counterpart and we can start anew with none of this crap occurring every 10 years. Mike Gartner and... ??? Sounds like an improvement to me. The story would make sense considering Goodenow's reluctance to negotiate. Could BOTH guys in this war be on the outs after the lockout ends? I'm confident we'll be seeing hockey come mid-February!

We should hope both guys are on their way out. I read on another site today that the thing that killed the talks last week was when they broke and Daley called Bettman. The talks were going really well and they were on their way to coming to a middle groud, but they went downhill after that phone call. Perhaps Daley went back to Bettman and told him to back off, that they almost had the makings of a deal.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
no13matssundin said:
But now? Not, hes saying that, in the middle of a CBA negotiation, Goodenow stepping down( as much as I would love it)? BULL FECES!!! There is no way that happens in the middle of a CBA negotiation... theres a first time for everything, but its NEVER happened before. Fact is, its NOT happening.
Well, I think whats he trying to say is that Goodenow would step down if the players signed a deal that he didnt want.

Its not a stretch to say that Goodenow would step down after being left out of the negotiations, especially if the players sign a deal when he thinks they should hold out longer.

Not saying I agree with the rumor, just saying I didnt read that he would step down in the middle of the negotiations. Has any of his rumors actually come to pass?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Thank you.

And as long as people keep feeding into his BS he will continue to post it(Eklund). Which is why Im puzzled why these posts are allowed. Im sure he is here somewhere laughing it up..how so many people talk about all the BS he reports. He just wants attention and boy hes getting it.

Another useless, negative post for no reason. Maybe by the time you hit post #2,000 something worthwhile will come from you.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Cawz said:
Well, I think Has any of his rumors actually come to pass?

So far, no. Thats probably the biggest reason why Im jumping off the Eklund bandwagon.

Hes an interesting read, but from now on im not taking anything he says seriously at all.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Bruwinz37 said:
Another useless, negative post for no reason. Maybe by the time you hit post #2,000 something worthwhile will come from you.

OMG! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Its a useless, negative post for a REASON because you continue to post this kids BS. And they will continue. Im letting people know the kid has not said anything that has turned out true yet. That is useless info?

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Bs Alert

Woooooooooooooooo
Wooooooooooooooooooo
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bruin where are you to point out this post? Or Sundins? Just me?? Everyone knows its BS so stop posting it.

Bruwin = Eklund???? Just could be

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
hey, maybe some of us like reading fiction too. maybe some of us like reading something positive from time to time. dont read it if you dont like. if it wasnt a popular topic, why are so many people responding to these? i dont understand why the people who slam this guy keep responding to the threads. we all get your point, you think this guy is full of it....fine. he probably is. i know i for one can handle it.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Its a useless, negative post for a REASON because you continue to post this kids BS. And they will continue. Im letting people know the kid has not said anything that has turned out true yet. That is useless info?
Mabye you shouldnt click on the thread next time you see his name. It seems to really set you off.

He's no different than Brooks or Strachan. He's very one sided, and he's starting rumours in hopes that he'll plant a seed in some players minds.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The way I see it there's two possibilities:

1. If he's right (or partially right) about some of the things he's said, he'll probably garner lots of attention in the future and people will want to know his sources, etc.

2. If he's pulling this stuff out of thin air, he'll be ridiculed shortly afterward and then forgotten soon after that.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
OMG! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bruin where are you to point out this post? Or Sundins? Just me?? Everyone knows its BS so stop posting it.

Bruwin = Eklund???? Just could be

Are you upset because so many people agreed with my assesment of you in the other thread?

Do you do the same thing to people who post Larry Brooks or Bruce Garrioch columns? Same thing.

If you dont like it, dont read it. The name is in the title so you know what you are clicking on. You dont have to read it, yet for some reason you are always one of the first to rush to click on it. You are being very petty. Why dont you work on trying to formulate something worth reading.

And no genius, I am not Eklund. I am just someone who realizes that there may be more to the story than what the mass media gives you. Now grow up.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Why all the Eklund hate?

Maybe he's phony, maybe not. What difference does it make?

Is it some weird jealousy that someone might actually have inside info? Is it the attention he's getting?

I don't get why anyone would really care that much about whether he's actually hearing rumors or just making things up. If he's just making it up how is it all that different from any of the other posts here where people bash Goodenow/Bettman or submit their own CBA proposals?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Cawz said:
Mabye you shouldnt click on the thread next time you see his name. It seems to really set you off.

He's no different than Brooks or Strachan. He's very one sided, and he's starting rumours in hopes that he'll plant a seed in some players minds.

Your right, I shouldn't click it next time. Though i dont think Ekund is one sided I do think hes neutral.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
ceber said:
Why all the Eklund hate?

Maybe he's phony, maybe not. What difference does it make?

Is it some weird jealousy that someone might actually have inside info? Is it the attention he's getting?

I don't get why anyone would really care that much about whether he's actually hearing rumors or just making things up. If he's just making it up how is it all that different from any of the other posts here where people bash Goodenow/Bettman or submit their own CBA proposals?

Because If i made a post on the stuff from Eklunds stuff and I said my sources told me this (and didnt include any) it would be closed in a heartbeat.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Your right, I shouldn't click it next time. Though i dont think Ekund is one sided I do think hes neutral.

You havent left this thread since it was posted. You are OBSESSED!

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I agree with his characterization of the "gloom and doom" media. If anything, his optomism is a good counter-balance to that. It's a good site to go to if you want a dose of true-believers.

But when all is said and done, his blog isn't any less correct than what's coming out in the press, which is zip.. nil... zero.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Your right, I shouldn't click it next time.
Its like when I see a Brooks article posted, I pretty much know its going to be garbage. I usually just read the comments, as opposed to the actual article now. Its more fulfilling.

Anyone who actually believes anything written anywhere, unless its an actual official release from the league or association, is wasting their time. But since we have so much time on our hands now with no NHL hockey...

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
LoL, im in a the "players chat meeting" right now. I havnt closed the web page.

Thats fine. As long as you know you have already posted 6 times in this thread on the first two pages.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I just think FLYLINE might be sick of some random guy posting complete crap and having people actually fall for it. I mean atleast Larry Brooks is hired by an actual media outlet and spews crap, who does this Eklund guy work for? Everyone should take whatever that guy says with a grain of salt, but I really don't think his rumours deserve actual topics. I guess if i actually knew who the heck this guy even is I would find it more conceivable he knew something, or if atleast one of his "inside" rumours actually became true for once that would help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad