Injury Report: Ekblad (whiplash, cleared to play)

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
That's the one reason why I don't like these events, that have nothing to do with the regular season. Especially just before training camp.

Hold these tournaments at the end of the SCF. Then they have a couple months to recover.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec · 6m6 minutes ago

Confirmed @ScottOake scoop: Aaron Ekblad will not return to #WCOH2016.
Neck injury. Not major.
Too valuable for FLA to risk.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC · 17m17 minutes ago

At this time, seems more cautionary than anything long-term with Ekblad.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
There should be no set timetable. If it takes him six months to recover, so be it. The last thing this team needs is to rush their defensive cornerstone and risk recurring concussion problems.

well i definitely agree, i never said he needs to play at the beginning of the season even if he's not ready. but they said mild so i assume its nothing major and he "should" be back to normal pretty quickly. 2 days later now theyre saying he's feeling much better and nothing major, just don't wanna risk anything by continuing in the tournament. so he's fine it seems.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if anything screw komarov, i mean do we really need to be making huge hits in this olympics-lite tournament thats only viewed as something of relevance just because its something new. they know the season is literally about to start. this stuff should be treated like an all-star game with some slight physicality, but no need for decking guys. the only thing that matters is the olympics itself and even then people aren't crazy about having players play in it, let alone this subpar tourney that doesn't mean anything.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I have HUGE issue with Hendricks hit on Ekblad still to this day:rant:
The uncle Leo low bridge hit on Hedman today I have big issue (people here should go find the clip if you were not watching)
Uncle Leo hit on Ekblad, not great kinda borderline but not as bad as Abdelkader one even on Barkov last year in Detroit

Sounds like Ekblad should be fine which is great to hear. Love him on NA being a leader , but time to call it off here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad