Speculation: EJ Hradek: Colorado starting to get more serious offers for Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just don't really see that a young middle pairing defenseman and a good, but not their best, prospect is all that crazy of an ask. It certainly makes CBJ a better shot at a cup over the next two years at minimum.

kingdoughty

Jan 10, 2009
In this thread are a bunch[MOD] of fans who don't know the value of Duchene. You aren't going to get Duchene for un-established players and late 1st rounders. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No the centerpiece is what you will be adding to either one of them.

If we're buying, they're centerpieces. You can insist otherwise, as Duchene is your asset and y'all are allowed to set the price accordingly, but you cannot make us buy.

If that is the set position of Sakic and the Avs organization, they're just going to have to find another suitor. I understand they're running out of those, but, meh, it's not as though trading Duchene is a hard requirement for the offseason for y'all either.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If we're buying, they're centerpieces. You can insist otherwise, as Duchene is your asset and y'all are allowed to set the price accordingly, but you cannot make us buy.

It would be centerpiece + Carlsson, maybe even a pick. I don't see the Avs being interested in Murray but maybe I'm wrong.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It would be centerpiece + Carlsson, maybe even a pick. I don't see the Avs being interested in Murray but maybe I'm wrong.
That is an ask. That is not a price we will meet. Not unless something is added to Duchene. It is y'alls prerogative to set such a price, but we are not obligated to buy.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just send him to Boston already.

Jeez.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Pretty sure that the Avs would be in a position to take back Beleskey or McQuaid if Sweeney paid them for it in the trade.

I honestly never thought of Boston as an option before these rumors popped up yesterday.

But realistically the time for the Bruins is now. Sweeney probably can't afford to wait for all his prospects to develop if he wants to keep his job.

If he wants a piece like Duchene or Landeskog right now, it will cost him Carlo++ and he will have to ultimately decide if it is worth it to him or not.

McAvoy is probably a lock for next seasons roster and maybe he believes rolling 2 20 year olds on the right side is not a good idea anyways given that he really wants to win and rather uses one in a trade and relies on Miller or someone else he can get via trade to shore up his defensive corps.

I mean Sakic trading Duchene for a package with Carlo as the centerpiece does not make much sense for the Avs anyways right now given that we just drafted Makar and Timmins and still have EJ and Barrie on the right side with a giant hole on the left.

I would assume any such trade would lead to the Avs shipping out one of EJ/Barrie as well.

So odds are that both guys have some sort of "backup plan" if those rumors come to fruition which is unlikely but not impossible.

All we can do is sit back and wait.

Also did not Kypreos bring up Duchene to Boston yesterday? There is a whole thread about that on your board. So there is certainly some smoke there and it is not coming from the Avs side...

Carlo is LD not RD

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
TO TOR
- Duchene

TO COL
- Gardiner*
- Kapanen

*Leafs sign Markov for 2 years to replace Gardiner in the top 4.

Or... Blockbuster...

TO COL
- Gardiner*
- Kadri
- Johnsson
- 1st
- 2nd

TO TOR
- Duchene
- Barrie

Leafs go with core of...

Matthews
Duchene
Nylander
Marner
JVR
Kapanen
Rielly
Barrie
Markov
Zaitsev
Andersen

Then round out a 4th line and 3rd D pairing.

Hahahaha not a chance from the Avs

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
In this thread are a bunch of salty fans who don't know the value of Duchene. You aren't going to get Duchene for un-established players and late 1st rounders. How stupid can you guys be

He's going to get what the market is willing to pay. It's not unheard of players being traded for less than worth. And it takes two GMs to make a trade, this isn't a hostage negotiate.

kingdoughty

Jan 10, 2009
He's going to get what the market is willing to pay. It's not unheard of players being traded for less than worth. And it takes two GMs to make a trade, this isn't a hostage negotiate.

the market is willing to pay A LOT for an established all-star center who is only 26 and skates like the wind. Get real bud

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It would be dumb to think Sakic should trade Duchene just to trade him.

Sure, it's taking longer than the media and fans hoped it would take, but that doesn't mean he needs to trade him for a low value offer.

Think about what kind of player we're talking about here. An Olympic Champion with Canada.

Sakic should wait until he gets the deal he wants. Posting articles that Duchene's agent is upset doesn't mean it will happen quicker. Duchene's agent doesn't care what Colorado gets in return. He is looking to help his client, that is all.

Sakic needs to care what Colorado gets in return. This return could and should jump start their rebuild. Wait until you get what you want.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
That is an ask. That is not a price we will meet. Not unless something is added to Duchene. It is y'alls prerogative to set such a price, but we are not obligated to buy.

It's not an ask, it's a prediction.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
the market is willing to pay A LOT for an established all-star center who is only 26 and skates like the wind. Get real bud

This overly accentuates the positive and completely ignores recent negatives like:
  • a career-low season in which he appeared to quit on his team
  • knee injuries that suggest that "skates like the wind" is potentially a thing of the past
  • reaching actual #1C levels of point production only twice in an eight-year career (the last time being three years ago)
Things like this will sometimes limit what the market is willing to pay. This is a phenomenon we know well - see: Johansen, Ryan. (Of course, said negatives are also frequently what gets such a player onto the market in the first place.)

* * *​
It's not an ask, it's a prediction.

It's good to have dreams.
pat.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
In this thread are a bunch of fans who don't know the value of Duchene. You aren't going to get Duchene for un-established players and late 1st rounders.

Posts like these are why HF needs a like button :handclap:

I love posts like this. Sarcastic golf clap for you actually thinking you have any idea what management will and won't do :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013

Its will be a lot, but " a lot" doesn't mean "you will give us this player, this pick and this". You can ask for those pieces but if another team says no...you ain't getting them. It's like CBJ saying this is what you "will" take for him. These are ultimatum not negotiations and I'm sure Sakic is going to try and get the best return. Even if he has to wait which he is showing he's willing to do.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I love posts like this. Sarcastic golf clap for you actually thinking you have any idea what management will and won't do :laugh:

Well, I did call the objective for the Johansen and Nash trades correctly, but, sure, okay, I'm just another idiot fan and you're the enlightened fan, feel free to dismiss my opinion in favor of your clearly superior one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->