Speculation: EJ Hradek: Colorado starting to get more serious offers for Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Good luck with Avs fans. Duchene has morphed into one of the highest regarded assets in the game today.

Not saying this is a good offer but this. Avs fans expect way too much for Duchene. Check out that Duchene to the Isles thread that's going on right now

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Not saying this is a good offer but this. Avs fans expect way too much for Duchene. Check out that Duchene to the Isles thread that's going on right now

I thought it's a fair offer. You get a young cost controlled center, a LHD prospect with high offensive potential and a first or second round pick in a quality draft? What am I missing?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
At the 2019 TDL, if there is not a better option on the table before then, I'd say yes.

Right now, what's the point for Colorado? And, the "Duchene will be a locker room cancer and destroy the team's chemistry" argument doesn't get very far with anyone who knows Duchene's character.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island

Believe me, it's a nightmare in that thread.

I went through a similar thing with Eberle for years.

This past year I was told Eberle wouldn't go for anything less than Hamonic or de Haan.

Then we acquire the guy and the oil fans all started to dump on Eberle.

Point being, it's going to be very unreasonable up until a trade is either made or not.

And Avs fans, on the heels of one of the worst seasons we have seen by a non expansion team, seem to be awfully high on their assets regardless.

They are also fixated on a price that they wont have met, and refuse to think there is any other way to obtain what they want unless it's directly in the package for said player.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
At the 2019 TDL, if there is not a better option on the table before then, I'd say yes.

Right now, what's the point for Colorado? And, the "Duchene will be a locker room cancer and destroy the team's chemistry" argument doesn't get very far with anyone who knows Duchene's character.

I did t say anything about him destroying a locker room. Sheesh. I'm making a fair and just trade proposal. Lol

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If this is all it took, Duchene would be a member of the NYI already.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I did t say anything about him destroying a locker room. Sheesh. I'm making a fair and just trade proposal. Lol

Sorry, been a long few days of people making up reasons why the Avs should trade Duchene to their team for a package they are willing to give up that fit 0 of the Avs needs. Forgive me for preemptively getting defensive.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's hilarious how people are claiming Avs fans want a kings ransom for Duchene just because we don't want to trade him on the cheap.

No, actually. We just don't want your trash. Don't like it? Don't care. Don't make offers for Duchene if they're easily going to be rejected.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
It's hilarious how people are claiming Avs fans want a kings ransom for Duchene just because we don't want to trade him on the cheap.

No, actually. We just don't want your trash. Don't like it? Don't care. Don't make offers for Duchene if they're easily going to be rejected.

This.

member 116861

Good luck with Avs fans. Duchene has morphed into one of the highest regarded assets in the game today.

Yeah, they're the worst. I remember when they use to think Duchene was going to be better than Tavares after their rookie seasons.

:laugh:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Wouldn't be surprised if this post is hanging framed on Sakic's wall.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
You guys think Avs FANS are ridiculous. You should try and deal with Sakic. Ask Snow.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

This offer wouldn't exist at the TDL

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kevin Hayes isn't trash, but this isn't a good offer whatsoever.

A 1st, a 2nd, a decent D prospect, and a player that plays the same position, is younger, and out-scored him last year.

But yeah, awful offer lol

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A 1st, a 2nd, a decent D prospect, and a player that plays the same position, is younger, and out-scored him last year.

But yeah, awful offer lol

1) It's a 2018 2nd OR a 2019 1st, not both.
2) A decent prospect is all Sean Day is. He's nothing special.
3) Kevin Hayes had a career year and STILL only outscored Duchene by 8 points. Not to mention he's only 1 year younger than Duchene. Let's not try to pretend that Hayes is better than Duchene here.

Yeah, awful offer.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Maybe one of these threads at some point wont be hijacked by angry isles fans. Unlikely but possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->