Injury Report: Ehlers out indefinitely with eye injury

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Can't link on my work computer, but Tim Campbell tweeted that his "visor broke, blood near eye chamber". Scary stuff, even scarier to think if he didn't have a visor.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Can't link on my work computer, but Tim Campbell tweeted that his "visor broke, blood near eye chamber". Scary stuff, even scarier to think if he didn't have a visor.

It might not of been as bad without a visor if the visor breaking caused the injury.

Here is the recovery from the never wrong internet.

How Long Do Subconjunctival Hemorrhages Last?

In most cases, it takes seven to 10 days for the hemorrhage to dissipate on its own. As the hemorrhage disappears with time, the affected area can change color, like a bruise.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
This is bad but it could've been a lot worse. Hopefully he's not out too long but a long as everything is back to 100% it doesn't really matter.

204*

not the first time a visor breaking causes more damage then a puck would;ve. has to be a way to fix that ?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Armia-Lowry-Dano
Thorburn-Burmistrov-Stafford
Halischuk-Copp-Lipon

That lineup is scary bad

*guess at lines

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO

Eye hope you don't start this.

Also does anyone think he'll only be out for a week or two? Still a ****** way to end the season as was hoping to see him continue to develop. Do you think we'll be bringing up any guys from the Moose now? I didn't like Petan at all earlier this year but would like to see him get another shot.

No way Connor will be joining us for last few games?

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I really hope that he dodged the bullet on this one and that it has no effect on his very promising career.

Amazing that a partially deflected shot can break a visor like that.

I'm pretty sure Frans Nielsen doesn't want to be the guy who destroyed the future of Danish hockey.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'm guessing they'll be extra cautious with him, since well losing is better than winning at this point.

Could cause him a chance to play on team Europe. Heard Satan (team GM) on hockeycentral @ noon and John Shannon was pushing for Elhers on the team and Stan said he's definitely a player they have their eyes on.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I can't see that being the case.

Since watching Malhotra get a puck to the eye I've always cringed at any injury in that area. He was never the same player after that, by all accounts his injury was much worse than Ehlers' last night but it's still scary as hell and could be career ending depending on the severity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->