Edmonton or Montreal?

member 290103

LOL, Montreal. they were no good last year, did not get any better and look bad this year. The Oilers are just a bit unlucky. There is no comparison.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I really don't know how we'll manage until Sekera returns.missing his 20 mins TOI is hurting us right now.

people keep saying we'll be fine, we'll be fine but im not convinced

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
thanks, was it last year that mcdavid called a players only practice on a day off, or am i miss remembering?
You have it right. They got killed at home by Buffalo (third game of the season) and then delayed their mandatory day off for a couple days so they could practice.

Reactions: Semyon Says

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I really don't know how we'll manage until Sekera returns.missing his 20 mins TOI is hurting us right now.

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but that's probably pretty natural after the last 5 years the Oilers have had.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but that's probably pretty natural after the last 5 years the Oilers have had.
we're not playing like our old self, but we aren't playing like our new self either.

^ that is pretty telling

member 290103

Edmonton, simply because I expected more of them. IMO, Montreal just has a really mediocre roster and needs Carey Price to be at Vezina form to win.

Kind of a weird thread after what? 5 games? Only 77 left to go. I have no doubt Montreal are what I thought they were - garbage. The Oilers though are much better than these last few games and will make the playoffs and make noise.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
we're not playing like our old self, but we aren't playing like our new self either.

^ that is pretty telling
Bad puck luck makes things look worse than they are, and vice versa. This time last year the Ducks and Predators were both in the bottom 10. Detroit was 3rd and Vancouver 6th in the league.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Oilers took the Canucks lightly and it all started to snowball from there, lesson is you simply can't be over your head and start underestimating teams unless you have a strong foundation to your game, especially after gaining respect in the league and teams bringing their A games. Add the Sekera injury and Draisaitl concussion and their start right now makes a lot of sense. So while it's been ugly so far, im pretty confident in saying they'll be able to turn it around eventually.

Habs are icing their best lineup, trying and still can't win games. They're just a very mediocre team. So far all i see is a low-end bubble team that has to rely on Price to be anything more than that.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kind of a weird thread after what? 5 games? Only 77 left to go. I have no doubt Montreal are what I thought they were - garbage. The Oilers though are much better than these last few games and will make the playoffs and make noise.

That's what I meant. I just meant I didn't expect Edmonton to start 1-4 because of their roster, but I'm not all that surprised that Montreal looks like garbage so far because of theirs.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

Honestly I believe you guys will be fine. It is so early, and your D needs to be fully healthy. I had expected more from Puljujarvi at this point but I still think he will come around, and others will start playing well.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I expected Montreal to struggle. Didn't expect the Oilers too....so I guess Edmonton...but I still think Edmonton easily makes the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad