Edmonton Oilers prospect awards show team improving its depth options

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
anton_slepyshev_edmonton_101315.jpg
Photo: Edmonton Oilers prospect Anton Slepyshev was a surprising inclusion on the NHL squad for 11 games last season, but his upside remains an intriguing asset (courtesy of Glenn James/NHLI via Getty Images)

</p>Year after year for the past decade, the Edmonton Oilers have added top talents via the draft. Rather than building an enviable prospect pool, the team has only succeeded in constructing unbalanced rosters that finish near the bottom of the league standings. Still, the 2015 Draft gifted the Oilers one of the world’s best players, and several other young men who have learned the NHL game the hard way are coming into the primes of their careers.… read more

The post Edmonton Oilers prospect awards show team improving its depth options appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Great to have prospects ramping up but honestly, even as good as they have been, they need to be much better.

Yakimov, Slepy, and Kharia are all guys I have time for but if history repeats itself none will even be an impact bottom 6 player.

The defense are too far away or too much of the same as well.

Even our promising looking goalie took a beating in the NHL.

It's getting frustrating.

Guys like Lander and Pitlick looking good and then falling apart... In Pitlick case literally.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I got a lot of time for our D prospects. I think one of paigin/bear/Jones will shock everyone and turn into a top pairing D. They got boat loads of potential. Because they are oil prospects people are down on them. But they are on levels as former prospects who took nhl by storm. All have great tools. Chiarelli killed the 2015 draft

Forward prospects are way bleaker. SlepyShev has skill and tools but needs to put it together. I could see Khaira and yakimov end up like Lander or OK 4th liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad