Edmonton..looks bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Edmonton was supposed to be a Cup favorite. Shouldn't they have more than 2 players who can score if they're a legitimate Cup threat? Losing one single, solitary guy (Draisaitl) shouldn't completely destroy their offensive depth.
well it does. Yamamoto and Puljujarvi need to pan out for Edmonton

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meh, they had 51 shots tonight. Sucks they went down so early. I think they'll be alright

They go down early every game, unprepared to play every game. I'm starting to think it's a coaching problem more than a personnel problem but need a bigger sample size to know for sure.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I truly never thought their whole team would be that great, their defense and goaltending are below average, and beyond McDavid and Draisaitl the rest of the forward lineup is pretty mediocre.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Not having sekera is a gaping hole in their defence...puts more pressure on dmen to play above their slot

Bottom Line
They have been outworked on small details and relying too much on top line

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Smells of desperation going down 3-0 in the first on home ice to be a bad team.

One of the league's top defenses, a forward group that's average to good and includes one of the league's top goal scorers, and goaltending that should be decent to good. The Canes are not a terrible team this year.

Oh, and a substantial part of why McDavid was terrible tonight was Jaccob Slavin. Who also had a goal, in case anyone's counting.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
One of the league's top defenses, a forward group that's average to good and includes one of the league's top goal scorers, and goaltending that should be decent to good. The Canes are not a terrible team this year.

Oh, and a substantial part of why McDavid was terrible tonight was Jaccob Slavin. Who also had a goal, in case anyone's counting.

and an assist, and a +3, and 5 blocks, and 27+ minutes. In case anybody's counting.

Reactions: 1specter

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
Their blip last year was just them taking their suck to the next level...they hand out big money to guys that suddenly regress and screw up the pay structure for the entire league.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There has been something wrong with the team as a organization for awhile. They were gifted McDavid and still havent put it together. They are playing uninspired hockey.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
There has been something wrong with the team as a organization for awhile. They were gifted McDavid and still havent put it together. They are playing uninspired hockey.

They'll turn things around in Seattle or Quebec, but seriously we all saw how McD looked when he was drafted by Edmonton. The kid got paid and has a free ride, looks like he's took the foot off the peddle and I don't blame him. Look at what he has to play with

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Oh no , we're outshooting our opponents on a nightly basis but just can't buy a save . If only we had a goalie .

Talbots notorious for slow starts he needs to get into his groove , LB shouldn't have started tonight . LB had a .750 save percentage tonight lol

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The Oilers will come around and play better for sure, they have some great talent, and I want to see them do well. However, they have been overrated and Cam Talbot was not the goalie everyone thought he was last year, I said it before, he is not the answer. In saying that it is early and they are not as bad as people keep saying, this is still a good team.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
They'll turn things around in Seattle or Quebec, but seriously we all saw how McD looked when he was drafted by Edmonton. The kid got paid and has a free ride, looks like he's took the foot off the peddle and I don't blame him. Look at what he has to play with

Oh, are we still promoting the ignorant fallacy that McDavid was angry/depressed that he had to be selected by Edmonton?

Or are you referring to something else?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers will come around and play better for sure, they have some great talent, and I want to see them do well. However, they have been overrated and Cam Talbot was not the goalie everyone thought he was last year, I said it before, he is not the answer. In saying that it is early and they are not as bad as people keep saying, this is still a good team.

If you said it before you were obviously wrong because he played very well on NY and played great for 73 games last season and 2 rounds of the playoffs. Talbot has been the least of problems. I am not worried about Talbot for even one second. The Oilers played like complete garbage his last 3 starts. I am pretty confident you will be proven wrong saying it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad