Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton@Florida March 17, 12pm Mountain

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Aberg has not shown a drop of any offensive acumen, as his AHL scores would attest. Frankly though, there are plenty of AHL plugs who showed as all world in the minors and came up to do zip. Aberg doesn't seem to have the hands or shot I'd expect for his somewhat gaudy goal totals from the AHL. Just another passing face in the crowd. Doesn't seem particularly well suited to a bottom 6 role either. Maybe he can stick in the minors for next season and help ease the transition for another crop of new rookies down there, but I have a hard time seeing him back up here in any meaningful role. Reading the subtext in McLellan's presser, well... certainly is not a good look on him as a player, if our ruminations are correct.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Florida is playing amazing hockey right now.
I'm 99.99% sure the Oilers will lose, so we can only hope for a couple of McPoints.

The refs did not give Florida a penalty last time the Oilers played them so.....

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Career stats: Goals per game/Assists per game/Points per game
Aberg 0.05 0.15 0.20
Slepyshev 0.10 0.13 0.23
Rattie 0.11 0.16 0.27

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Aberg has not shown a drop of any offensive acumen, as his AHL scores would attest. Frankly though, there are plenty of AHL plugs who showed as all world in the minors and came up to do zip. Aberg doesn't seem to have the hands or shot I'd expect for his somewhat gaudy goal totals from the AHL. Just another passing face in the crowd. Doesn't seem particularly well suited to a bottom 6 role either. Maybe he can stick in the minors for next season and help ease the transition for another crop of new rookies down there, but I have a hard time seeing him back up here in any meaningful role. Reading the subtext in McLellan's presser, well... certainly is not a good look on him as a player, if our ruminations are correct.
I think he has had a couple of good showings, especially in the beginning he looked quite good. The problem is imo that he shouldn't be saddled with top line mins. He has been a bit unlucky and the last games pretty useless but I don't think this is an AHL all-star and that's it.

He'll be fine, but he should be on the 3rd line imo, only jumping up the line up if someons goes down.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
why give McD a head start? This doesnt look like fun.. and half the guys arent even trying.
If anything McDavid should have been at the end trying to catch the rest...

Run away from the Cap'n
Not that it matters, but I think it's a drill they do called "catch the rabbit", they talked about it last year. In this drill half the team starts on the goal line and the "rabbit" starts on the faceoff dot. They all start at the same time and have to do a full lap and a half. Whoever is last has to go again with the next group. If anyone catches the rabbit then the rabbit has to go again with the next group.

There was a cool story about this last year when they did this drill, that I thought showed a look at McDavid's leadership.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Love these manatee games.

upload_2018-3-16_22-3-47.png

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
6-5 Panthers Talbot due for a bad game Drai due for a good game 3 points McDavid 3 as well . Rattie snipes his 1st

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe Jesse called Todd a goat ****er in Finnish before he learned how to do it in English and Pakarinen rolled over on Jesse? :sarcasm: Why not play Slepyshev with Nuge and Connor? That line needs some size to compliment Nuge and Connor yet they get Rattie instead of Puljujarvi or Slepyshev? WTF Todd?

Reactions: ToddsBod and PulYou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->