Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | Offseason | Esks Fire Ed Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I really don't get why the CFL doesn't have a set standard. You get it every nine years now. If you don't want to host it then you pass your turn to the next team.

I don't really mind that teams have to put a bid in. Make them have a plan rather than just giving it out. That said, whoever reviewed Toronto's plan last year better not be evaluating in the future.

I'm really surprised we haven't heard of a Hamilton bid yet. Three years in a row in Ontario, wouldn't be good, but they haven't had a Grey Cup since the Flutie Fumble (non-fumble).

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I really don't get why the CFL doesn't have a set standard. You get it every nine years now. If you don't want to host it then you pass your turn to the next team.

because it's the CFL. out of 9 years, they'd probably mandate 2 in BC, two in Toronto and make everyone else fight over the rest.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't really mind that teams have to put a bid in. Make them have a plan rather than just giving it out. That said, whoever reviewed Toronto's plan last year better not be evaluating in the future.

I'm really surprised we haven't heard of a Hamilton bid yet. Three years in a row in Ontario, wouldn't be good, but they haven't had a Grey Cup since the Flutie Fumble (non-fumble).

Well they'd have 9 years to plan, if somewhere in that time period they couldn't figure out then maybe we have a lot bigger problems

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
betting he did something bad that's unrelated to football operations.... no other reason than to seemingly fire him on the spot like that with no real replacement... unless Jones is coming back....

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I have a buddy who works in the organization he says he doesn't even know what's going on. He said the president is an idiot though.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I went over to riderfans.
there is a guy the Rider_Stronson that seems to be a legit insider, with the info he often has.
he said
"Multiple sources: Hervey's impossible to get along with in a long term situation. I think Len Rhoades had enough to be honest. "
Believe me, there's a ton to this. But I think the Esks will minimize it to "irreconcilable personal professional differences."

If this was a long time coming, makes me wonder why they didn't fight to keep Jones and let Hervey go.
must be some serious back stabbing and clashing of egos in the management team.

just bizarre

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Unless this is due to some very bad behavior ala the tillman thing of years past its a huge mistake. Fans will not for the most part be happy about this.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I went over to riderfans.
there is a guy the Rider_Stronson that seems to be a legit insider, with the info he often has.
he said
"Multiple sources: Hervey's impossible to get along with in a long term situation. I think Len Rhoades had enough to be honest. "
Believe me, there's a ton to this. But I think the Esks will minimize it to "irreconcilable personal professional differences."

If this was a long time coming, makes me wonder why they didn't fight to keep Jones and let Hervey go.
must be some serious back stabbing and clashing of egos in the management team.

just bizarre

Even though I don't know that in hindsight that would've been a good move it is funny they never did just that.

Pretty bad timing with draft coming up

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I didn't like Hervey so I'm not exactly sad about this news but at the same time if you're going to turf a guy who has shown results, you better have a plan because if I had to choose between winning and having a GM I like, I choose winning every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->