Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | Offseason | Esks Fire Ed Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nelson and Fraser were joking about what does Glen have to do to get some sort of respect.

Really can't see Young doing much at all. He had problems adapting in the NFL a whole new game for him to adapt to could be a complete disaster.

At least if the guy was just leaving the NFL it could make a lot more sense

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Read Jordan Lynch is retiring from football today and moving on to a coaching position in the US.

Thanks Jordan for all your efforts these past few seasons with the Eskimos (ESPECIALLY your clutch Championship winning touchdown in Grey Cup 103!) :handclap: :yo:

Best of luck in your future endeavors :thumbu:
I loved his comment the other day, something along the lines of;

"i don't tell friends how long the play was, just that i had the winning score"

:laugh::laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Esks have signed Canadian linebacker Cory Greenwood, former Toronto first-round draft choice from 2010. He has NFL experience. This is a good signing.

I thought I read that he lead TOR in tackles last year is there a reason it took this long for him to sign?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Concerns about his health. The Esks are confident that he's healthy. If they're right this is a great signing.

Are healths really that much of a concern with non-guaranteed contracts?

Regardless I think I'm fine either way

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Are healths really that much of a concern with non-guaranteed contracts?

Regardless I think I'm fine either way

Yeah, health is an issue. They want him to start, which means they need to have a Canadian backup for him or the ability to shuffle the roster if he gets hurt and they need to replace him with an import. If they replace him with an import then they have to fill that position potentially with a Canadian. There is lots to consider regarding a player's health.

We had this problem with Jesse Lumsden starting in the backfield. He got hurt and they had to maneuver the roster unless they had a Canadian backup, but I think they did in that case.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Esks have signed defensive back Johnny Adams.

Fear not, our coverage woes are over. :rant: :naughty: ;)

Seriously, he's a good addition. Hervey isn't done yet.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Esks have signed defensive back Johnny Adams.

Fear not, our coverage woes are over. :rant: :naughty: ;)

Seriously, he's a good addition. Hervey isn't done yet.

giphy.gif

Thanks Mr. ClosetGuy sir!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I remember when Highbaugh traveled to local schools to play all by himself against entire volleyball teams, and win as many as he lost. He was quite the athlete.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I remember when Highbaugh traveled to local schools to play all by himself against entire volleyball teams, and win as many as he lost. He was quite the athlete.

I was thinking about this very thing as well. The man had an amazing vertical for his height. One hell of an athlete.

Very fond memories of his playing days.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Yep, wasn't just here either. I was a kid in Saskatchewan and he travelled there too. Athletes in action, I think. I remember him playing basketball though.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Pres Len Rhodes has come out with his prostate cancer battle. The prognosis looks good. Prayers, Len. :handclap:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, just reading what you guys are saying about him, I wish I knew who he was. Sounds like a great guy. RIP.

Larry was a guy that would give a receiver a large cushion. Baiting the QB, so to speak. Give them a couple 10 yarders. Then, when the next throw came, with lightning speed he closed the gap, picked off the pass and was gone. Haven't seen too many dbacks with closing speed like he had. As he said, it got so bad for the opposition, he would only see maybe a couple balls come his way per game.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Larry was a guy that would give a receiver a large cushion. Baiting the QB, so to speak. Give them a couple 10 yarders. Then, when the next throw came, with lightning speed he closed the gap, picked off the pass and was gone. Haven't seen too many dbacks with closing speed like he had. As he said, it got so bad for the opposition, he would only see maybe a couple balls come his way per game.

Damn, sounds like someone we need this year. Can we clone him?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Highbaugh was a key player when we went to nine Grey Cup games in 10 years and won six.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Edmonton and Calgary bidding on the 2018 Grey Cup. I think it is Edmonton's to lose. Bigger stadium, no need for temporary seats and the upgrades have been more substantial than those at McMahon Stadium over the years. Selling out the last Grey Cup in 2010 prior to the beginning of the season is another bonus.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton and Calgary bidding on the 2018 Grey Cup. I think it is Edmonton's to lose. Bigger stadium, no need for temporary seats and the upgrades have been more substantial than those at McMahon Stadium over the years. Selling out the last Grey Cup in 2010 prior to the beginning of the season is another bonus.

I really don't get why the CFL doesn't have a set standard. You get it every nine years now. If you don't want to host it then you pass your turn to the next team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad