Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread 2015: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah, watching the slow-mo replay I could accept that maybe it was pass interference. Willis might have been there a split second before the ball but once you see it again in real time it's just impossible to call it a penalty. There is no seperation between ball arrival and the hit in real time.

One has to also consider that it was not called PI in realtime. The replays have to confirm without a doubt that the call on the field was wrong. The replay clearly does not confirm this. It is not enough to over rule the call on the field. Especially considering the dolts had to look at it around 20 times to try the call it in favor of the bombers which low and behold they did..

The over rule was such complete nonsense. It was a non credible decision from the outset. Why make such a poor ruling? Its fine I guess to admit to a mistake. The whole point of reviews it to preclude mistakes not contribute errors in officiating. The irony here being on the field they got the call right. We have replay command center so they can screw the correct call over....oh my.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So......if you have 2 idiots in the command centre and add another one or two idiots, this will improve things in what way? Have an extra bunch of morons arguing over a call, and now taking twice the amount of time to still get it wrong?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
How annoying is it that the Oilers game is on at the same time as the Eskimos game on Saturday?

:cry:

Its absolute CFL fail to devise a schedule where it has 2 GP on what is obviously going to be the first HNIC Saturday night loaded stack of hockey games.

Interest in hockey peaks in October, and in the spring. The two times its silly to go up against hockey. Ratings suicide.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Its absolute CFL fail to devise a schedule where it has 2 GP on what is obviously going to be the first HNIC Saturday night loaded stack of hockey games.

Interest in hockey peaks in October, and in the spring. The two times its silly to go up against hockey. Ratings suicide.

Yeah it's pure insanity in multiple ways that this was allowed to happen really.

If you have to have this game on Saturday, why isn't it at 2pm?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah it's pure insanity in multiple ways that this was allowed to happen really.

If you have to have this game on Saturday, why isn't it at 2pm?

Would be better for broadcasters, better for fans, and better for ratings. Sports fans tend to love days with multiple telecasts. Indeed this is a big thing in he States where a fan can look forward to a day in front of their favorite teams playing. Its a natural, and especially this time of year fans will buy in. To not have it staggered is just silliness. Its even sillier for Calgary, who have to try to find an audience for the game, when the bigger Flames team is playing at the same time. At least for the Esks its a road game and so their gate is not impacted.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This is the same league that put a regular season game in Fort MacMurry earlier in the year and held it on Saturday afternoon when everybody was at work resulting in an empty stadium. Not much thought put into how they do things I guess.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Food for thought. The Grey Cup game this year will be held in Winnipeg's outdoor spiffy new stadium on November 29th.

Last year on November 29th, the tempature in Winnipeg dropped to minus 32. Should be interesting.

Wonder when the tall foreheads that run this league will get it through their thick skulls that the schedule needs to start a month earlier. You're still going to have to deal with summer time games no matter, but I doubt a lot of people would be camping, leaving town in June. The temp the beginning of November would be like night and day compared to the end of the month.

Back in my younger days, we had blackouts that extended down to Red Deer, so if you wanted to see the game, you either made a road trip there, or bundled up and went. Too many choices these days, with no blackouts and streaming available, so a good chunk of the population are not going to freeze their butts when they can watch in the comfy of their man cave or local watering hole.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Food for thought. The Grey Cup game this year will be held in Winnipeg's outdoor spiffy new stadium on November 29th.

Last year on November 29th, the tempature in Winnipeg dropped to minus 32. Should be interesting.

Wonder when the tall foreheads that run this league will get it through their thick skulls that the schedule needs to start a month earlier. You're still going to have to deal with summer time games no matter, but I doubt a lot of people would be camping, leaving town in June. The temp the beginning of November would be like night and day compared to the end of the month.

Back in my younger days, we had blackouts that extended down to Red Deer, so if you wanted to see the game, you either made a road trip there, or bundled up and went. Too many choices these days, with no blackouts and streaming available, so a good chunk of the population are not going to freeze their butts when they can watch in the comfy of their man cave or local watering hole.

:handclap:

This is long overdue in needing to happen. This schedule may have made sense years ago when the league was pretty much alternating Grey Cup games through Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver and avoiding serious winter weather but it hasn't since the 80's when they started putting them in the prairie cities too. It's even more important now for the reasons you mention.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

Just put a roof on all the stadiums.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

For anybody that's tried to get to that stadium as well its a nightmare even in good weather. I can't even imagine what the very limited access roads will be like if they're icy and polished smooth by 35K people trying to drive to the game. The Transit to the stadium is hideous. Last time I was there no free lanes for busses like they do here for park and ride. Public transportation stuck in 1hr lineup just like everybody else. Whoever decided to put this stadium where it is with such limited access should have their heads examined.

Winnipeg hasn't even ever had a playoff game yet since the new stadium so a game at the end of November is going to be unchartered territory for the freezer of NA.

Anybody planning on going to the game I suggest you set out walking about 5hrs before the game. Trying any other option and you'll not be in your seats until halftime. Which has happened to fans several times even for normal games and events at Investors field. This stadium looks nice but everything about it is a debacle.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just put a roof on all the stadiums.

yeah we really need to be spending +100M to put roofs on all the stadiums that get used maybe 20 times a year and rarely in winter whether they have a roof or not.

BC place is covered and they get about 5 winter events/year. Its simply not worth it, at all.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know if I want first place. Historically, there really hasn't made a difference and having two straight weeks off may be a serious disadvantage.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I crapped on Reilly last week. He's looking very good today. Glad to see the turnaround.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Holy **** the coaching and complete lack of clock management is so stupid. In FG range with 13 seconds left, enough time to try for the endzone and kick if you actually get the play off when the play is whistled in. Instead they snap it with 2 seconds... complete idiocy.

Jones and Reilly can not run a 2 minute hurry up offense. They are utterly incapable of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad