Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Grey Cup Champions! : Jones leaves for greener pastures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
so it's been quite a few months since the league had a drug testing program.
after all these months, they finally have one for incoming players.

still nothing for current players. kind of a joke.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I have to agree.......Getzlaf has better hands than Chambers and is more reliable and in Edmonton he won't have to be to be the "guy". A perfect second option for Reilly.

Make that a 3rd option, with Walker and Bowman likely to be the first two choices.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
A little late on this but R.I.P former Premier of Alberta and Edmonton Eskimo Don Getty who passed away Friday at the age of 82 :(

He played his entire 10 year Career as a QB with the Eskimos and was a big part of the 3 in a row Eskimo dynasty from '54-'56 (he was part of the latter 2 and was the winning starting QB in the 1956 Grey cup game)

R.I.P Don and condolences to his family and loved ones.

220px-Don_Getty_drinking_from_Grey_Cup.jpg

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Toronto signed Justin Hickman today, and earlier Bryan Hall. Not that Bryan Hall. :)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
A little late on this but R.I.P former Premier of Alberta and Edmonton Eskimo Don Getty who passed away Friday at the age of 82 :(

He played his entire 10 year Career as a QB with the Eskimos and was a big part of the 3 in a row Eskimo dynasty from '54-'56 (he was part of the latter 2 and was the winning starting QB in the 1956 Grey cup game)

R.I.P Don and condolences to his family and loved ones.

220px-Don_Getty_drinking_from_Grey_Cup.jpg

I never caught this post before, and truly a great and nice man. Such a better person, and leader, than Ralph Klein but unfortunately at a time where the economy was sunk. I remember at the time I wasn't too thrilled with Getty but moreso because job prospects and life in Alberta in the 80's was tough whereas in most places it was viewed as a decade of consumeristic opulence. These were bleak times in Alberta, and specifically Edmonton in the 80's. 10% unemployment, foreclosures like crazy, people losing everything. bleak times. Getty would be remembered as well as, or better than even Lougheed had he governed at a better time.
Great Football player too. Although I was too young to remember ever watching him. :D

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Little known Bryan Hall fact: I taught him the Esks fight song. I have the video to prove it.

awesome. I love the fight song.
I hate when people don't get up and sing along. it's a fun thing to do, especially when the team is leading the game.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Well this is interesting...Henoc Muamba shared an Instagram photo with the caption "sorry for the typo...*relocating*"...to which Cauchy replied "green and gold." Link here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BC8h-R-IElPLSxZhvnvJA3_uUGbgaqGhjTIhfc0/

I wonder if the CFL's answer to Speedyturtle, the Guy of Money, has anything to report on this... :popcorn:

I don't know this speedy turtle fella but here goes.

Green and gold could mean Edmonton or Green Bay. I've been told that there was "no way" Henoc signs in the CFL until after the NFL draft, so, if he's signed anywhere my guess (only a guess) is maybe the Packers! About two weeks ago, I was told Denver might be interested.

Enlighten me on who Speedy Turtle is so I know if I should be offended. :cry:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
He's the guy who apparently breaks incoming NHL trade/transaction stories on HF before the big names like Bobby Mac tweet it.

Esko

Sep 23, 2015

Green and gold could mean Edmonton or Green Bay. I've been told that there was "no way" Henoc signs in the CFL until after the NFL draft, so, if he's signed anywhere my guess (only a guess) is maybe the Packers! About two weeks ago, I was told Denver might be interested.

Speedyturtle is a poster on the Oilers board who seemingly has inside knowledge on Edmonton as he has broken several Oilers moves before they have happened. The poster made the comparison to you as you seemingly have inside knowledge on the CFL.

It is a compliment.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

You are like Chia's Closet Monkey. That's what he's saying :laugh:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I thought some might be interested in Esks' activities at the CFL combine in Toronto. Players who interview with seven or more teams are often considered elite prospects.

The Esks interviewed elite offensive linemen Josiah St. John, Charles Vaillancourt, Philippe Gagnon and Dillon Guy, all of whom met with all CFL teams. Jason Lauzon-Seguin met with eight teams, all but the Riders. Mercer Timmis, who some scouts view as the next potential superstar Canadian running back, met with seven teams, including the Esks. Speedy receiver Mike Jones met with eight teams, not Saskatchewan; Jones is a late addition to the draft class. Receiver Llevi Noel met with eight teams, but not the Lions.

Western Oregon linebacker Doug Parrish met with Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatchewan, Ottawa and Toronto. Several excellent defensive backs met with seven or more teams each. Southern Illinois's Anthony Thompson had nine. UBC’s Taylor Loffler had eight, with Edmonton being the only exception.

If folks wish and if I have time I could post some impressions and other information.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
awesome. I love the fight song.
I hate when people don't get up and sing along. it's a fun thing to do, especially when the team is leading the game.

What time during the game does the song come on? I haven't been in a couple years but when I do get up its to go get a drink

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
can someone tell me whatever happen to that asshat that wanted Edmonton to change their name or was it just someone looking for 5 mintes of fame or cash call because he gut his bunghole all bent out of shape ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad