Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread 3.0 : (12 - 6) 3rd in the West - Western Final Vs Calgary up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Sit AB for Hazelton. Put Edwards in as punt returner.

I think Edwards was in as a punt returner before, and wasn't getting the job done, so they put Zylstra in.

Wonder if Kendial Lawrence can make a return this year?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I am looking forward to Hazelton being back in the offensive mix. With Hazelton and Zylstra you have 2 of the best possession receivers in the CFL and they are both great 2nd down targets.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I am looking forward to Hazelton being back in the offensive mix. With Hazelton and Zylstra you have 2 of the best possession receivers in the CFL and they are both great 2nd down targets.

Yup, they've really missed him. Something is up with Bowman, has to be the lingering injury, as I can't believe he's completely lost it in a few months. Start Vidal Sassoon over him and give him a breather.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Good news, although I don't expect him to come in and save the world, as he has some catch up to do and has missed some serious development time. But it does give me a level of comfort seeing him out there on the corner instead of the illustrious Marcel Young.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Yup, they've really missed him. Something is up with Bowman, has to be the lingering injury, as I can't believe he's completely lost it in a few months. Start Vidal Sassoon over him and give him a breather.

Hamstring still bothering him. He's a tall guy with long legs and his running style really involves long strides and using those legs for max effect. The Hamstring would hamper this a lot and he's not been able to get separation for weeks. He's virtually never open. With all due respect to Bowman he shouldn't be in the lineup right now. The odd thing is they cut Chambers, Getzlaf, when we could really use somebody healthy in the receiving core.

I suspect Bowman is like Reilly. Always wants to be in the game. The game and roster management under Maas is odd at best.

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Per TSN Gable is on the one-game injured list now. Perkins is back in. Hopefully it IS only one game and not some Sean Whyte mystery injury. We really need Gable if we're going to do anything in the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Per TSN Gable is on the one-game injured list now. Perkins is back in. Hopefully it IS only one game and not some Sean Whyte mystery injury. We really need Gable if we're going to do anything in the playoffs.
Esks trying to stamp that EC playoff ticket? I'm jk, although if we manage to lose to BC one would wonder.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

So much for my earlier hope that we had finally found a running back that could make through a couple games without getting hurt. LOL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hamstring still bothering him. He's a tall guy with long legs and his running style really involves long strides and using those legs for max effect. The Hamstring would hamper this a lot and he's not been able to get separation for weeks. He's virtually never open. With all due respect to Bowman he shouldn't be in the lineup right now. The odd thing is they cut Chambers, Getzlaf, when we could really use somebody healthy in the receiving core.

I suspect Bowman is like Reilly. Always wants to be in the game. The game and roster management under Maas is odd at best.

Getzlaf was pretty much done even when they signed him this year, and it became painfully obvious as the season went on. As for Chambers, he spent lengthy time on the injured list (par for the course for him) and never really did much when he came back. Other than the 3-4 catches in our GC win that got him a top Canadian award, he really has not done a lot in this league. I don't think either of them generate enough speed to gain separation, and that is even while healthy.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Didn't lose much cutting those two though, both completely useless.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Didn't lose much cutting those two though, both completely useless.
Chambers was never seeing the ball much here. In Hamilton a bit better, 175yds, 19 recs in 4GP. That parlays into an excellent season for a non import. We could be riding Chambers instead of Bowman (until he's healthy) and dress another international.

Agreed that Getzlaf looked finished. Did he pass a physical..

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Duron Carter picked off Mitchell and returned it for a TD. :laugh:

I watched the game but missed some of the soap opera regarding this. Apparently the Stamps, and particularly Bo were trash talking the move and they would throw his way 25 times? Carter was angry on the sidelines saying "Henry Burris started this crap, I read what you said about me".
Anybody got the rundown. Sounds interesting. ;)

Anyway I've been predicting the most recent Stamps fall from grace, bet against them even last week against the Tabbies and only bad officiating propped up the stamps in that game in which they should have lost.

This Stamps team is no juggernaut. Eskimos should have beat them in one of the games and were jobbed by officiating. Twice in a row now Riders have held the Stamps to no TD's and Stamps had only 7pts last night and around 200yds net offense. They were destroyed in what they can only hope is not a prelude to the Western Final.

If this was any other team I would say they were holding back, but they had everybody dressed, they were angry taking stupid penalties and we know what chokers the Stamps are during their "Dynasty". It was hilarious watching the 15K or so Stamps fans in attendance freezing their asses off and seeing their club disintegrate again. Not a lot of happy faces in attendance.

Riders are looking pretty good. They worry me more than any other club.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Good to see Bo Levi rounding into playoff form. My biggest concern regarding Calgary is the officials to be honest. They have become the Patriots of the CFL (with less championships of course) in that they will always get beneficial reffing. We'd still have an outside chance at 1st place actually if we hadn't got totally effing screwed in the LD Rematch. If Calgary doesn't get bailed out by good fortune, I'm fully confident they will resume beating themselves in November. It is tradition, afterall.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Medlock misses from 39 with no time left, Winnipeg down to Toronto. Extremely slim hopes for a home playoff game still alive.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Medlock sure gets a lot of love for a guy who has missed consistently from inside 45 all year. Can't say I'm surprised he blew that. And not hitting it hard enough to at least get the single was inexcuseable.

Still a very slim chance at 2nd place for us, but to be honest it's still too long of a shot for me to be glad Toronto won that game. That pathetic franchise is now a win away from hosting the East Final. Wonder how many thousands of tickets will be given away at pizza joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->