Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread 3.0 : (12 - 6) 3rd in the West - Western Final Vs Calgary up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Willis and Mitchell scratched while Bowman and Chick are in.

I guess being a hungry old vet supersedes helping the team win. :facepalm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Willis and Mitchell scratched while Bowman and Chick are in.

I guess being a hungry old vet supersedes helping the team win. :facepalm:
With Willis it has got to be an injury. I've been saying this for awhile but he's done nothing in the last several games. He's hardly ever making a play now. Not sure whats up as he was gold earlier in the season. Its been like night and day.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Bad challenge, but it's good to know the league still cant get calls right even with the challenge

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I mean the challenge itself was worth it IMO because a 1st and goal from the 12 with 14 seconds gives you 2 chances to get a quick strike TD

I don't understand that with the standard that has been called for the last few years, how was that not roughing the passer.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean the challenge itself was worth it IMO because a 1st and goal from the 12 with 14 seconds gives you 2 chances to get a quick strike TD

I don't understand that with the standard that has been called for the last few years, how was that not roughing the passer.
Considering the esks got one for swatting the helmet just like that

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Gotta agree with Suter. Not a lot of strategic advantage to challenging that call. Maas is starting to look as dumb as Maccioca was.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Argos get benefit of roughing the passer call early in the game on the faintest of touches to the helmet. Reilly gets slammed in the helmet and no call and we lose a challenge on it. Go figure.

In addition Argos fumble a ball, no prob, even though its called a fumble on the field they over rule it even though the evidence was not clear enough to change the call on the field, argos ball.

Then, and this just had me screaming, 7secs left on the clock, we punt the ball, the clock doesn't start moving until 3 secs AFTER the punt and the runner still is up with 1 sec left on the clock and the clock inexplicably stops at 1 sec. Thus allowing the Argos one hail mary pass to see if they could gifted points on a PI call. Which the officials cheerfully oblige. f*** this shit. I know its the Argos, I know its CFL officiating trying to help the Argos.

Are the timekeeper and all the on field officials from Toronto?

We get jobbed every week.

The Eskimos probably win but I can't even watch this anymore. It should be enjoyable, the officiating makes it maddening.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Argos get benefit of roughing the passer call early in the game on the faintest of touches to the helmet. Reilly gets slammed in the helmet and no call and we lose a challenge on it. Go figure.

In addition Argos fumble a ball, no prob, even though its called a fumble on the field they over rule it even though the evidence was not clear enough to change the call on the field, argos ball.

Then, and this just had me screaming, 7secs left on the clock, we punt the ball, the clock doesn't start moving until 3 secs AFTER the punt and the runner still is up with 1 sec left on the clock and the clock inexplicably stops at 1 sec. Thus allowing the Argos one hail mary pass to see if they could gifted points on a PI call. Which the officials cheerfully oblige. **** this ****. I know its the Argos, I know its CFL officiating trying to help the Argos.

The Eskimos probably win but I can't even watch this anymore.
I thought the clock doesnt start until the player catches the ball.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Considering the esks got one for swatting the helmet just like that

Yep. Its like troll calls. 3 weeks in a row Reilly gets clobbered helmet to helmet with no calls and RR barely gets touched and its 15, no hesitation. Just incredible.

The CFL needs to get this together. Right now its so unclear what the standards are.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought the clock doesnt start until the player catches the ball.

I always thought it was the moment the ball was kicked. Doesn't matter in anycase as I stated that the ball returner was still up and running with 1 sec left, he wasn't downed, the play wasn't yet stopped, just the clock had stopped. The clock STOPPED with the ball carrier still running. Just so the Argos could get one more play off.

With clock timing like that you'd never know the game is being played in Edmonton. I'd be screaming about this one if it was even a road game and a biased road clock.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, on a kickoff the clock starts when the receiving team fields the ball.
But why did the clock stop at 1 sec with the play still going? The clock stopped before the play was over. Watch it again. Inexplicably, the clock stops at 1 sec, just because. That was a slow moving return and the Eskimos even seemed intent on the clock elapsing. They got jobbed on that. Soon as I saw that I said right away the Argos get an automatic PI on the next play. Would bet a thousand bucks on it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
But why did the clock stop at 1 sec with the play still going? The clock stopped before the play was over. Watch it again. Inexplicably, the clock stops at 1 sec, just because. That was a slow moving return and the Eskimos even seemed intent on the clock elapsing. They got jobbed on that. Soon as I saw that I said right away the Argos get an automatic PI on the next play. Would bet a thousand bucks on it.
I think you're reading into it way too much.

So the officials told the edmonton DB to interfere with the receiver?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Unfortunately, I’m flipping back and forth with the baseball game so I can’t check it. I assume you’re right because this is the CFL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think you're reading into it way too much.

So the officials told the edmonton DB to interfere with the receiver?
Just angry at a series of calls is probably it. That and we get jobbed by officiating almost every week.

I'm not a big fan either of the ease in which PI calls are made. Particularly when that is the ENTIRE object of the play from the start. Think about it. The pass is with 1 sec left. Theres only one circumstance in which that play on its own has any significance, i.e. getting it to the endzone. That wasn't even the Argos intent on the play it was to hope for a PI call and a FG. perhaps because the play was just designed for that is part of what gets me. I thought the contact was pretty innocuous considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->