Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
in the past 10 years, Calgary has been among the best, if not the best team in the CFL and only has 2 GC's to show for it..
back to back losses.....and 3 losses in that time.
biggest choke team in the CFL.
The new montreal allouettes

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Such a hilariously Calgary like choke job.

Have a chance to, for all intents and purposes, ice the game inside the Toronto 10. Fumble. Returned for a TD.

Bovine, instead of playing for OT decides to get arrogant and throws into double coverage with a safety underneath playing the ball.

Calgary.

Reactions: booyakasha

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Have a chance to, for all intents and purposes, ice the game inside the Toronto 10. Fumble. Returned for a TD.

Bovine, instead of playing for OT decides to get arrogant and throws into double coverage with a safety underneath playing the ball.

Calgary.

BLM as a head coach would be worse than Maas.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Calgary.
Why was it arrogant? It was a mistake but I don't see how you get arrogant out of it?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m not saying it wasn’t a stupid decision. I agree with everything you said. I just think the Maas decision was dumber. There was no debating the merit of that decision. At least Dickenson and Mitchell went with something that could win the game on one play. They lost the game because they failed to execute the play. It sucks for them but I understand the decision. Maas executed his field goal but never got the ball back. His decision was worse.

Nah, you never throw a pick into double coverage with the game on the line like that. Just colossally stupid by Mitchell there as well as bad clock management on the drive. They wasted from around 40secs to 20secs on one play. Thing to remember as well is that was a first down throw. Why force the pick.

Its hilarious that Stamps fumble on the Argo 1 and let the Argos return it all the way for a TD, then throw a pick at the end for more goathorns. They probably didn't have enough goathorns around to award the Stamps. You only anticipate so many.

Bo Levi Mitchell proves what an idiot he is one more time.

Special award goes to Singleton who pulls a Danny macciocia figuring they stopped the argos and turned the ball over on downs on 2nd down. I understand that counting my be hard down in Calgary but..

Anyway choke on that Calgary. lovely that was. More classic in the way that the Stamps utterly choked this one away. OMFG

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

That was a classless comment on behalf of a teammate. You get a rookie who makes a second effort but in these kinds of conditions fumbles happen. Why didn't he go after the Stamps returners who had a couple of fumbles during the game, one of which would have been a disaster had they not luckily recovered. I felt sorry for the rookie who became the Leon Mcquay of 2017.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That was a classless comment on behalf of a teammate. You get a rookie who makes a second effort but in these kinds of conditions fumbles happen. Why didn't he go after the Stamps returners who had a couple of fumbles during the game, one of which would have been a disaster had they not luckily recovered. I felt sorry for the rookie who became the Leon Mcquay of 2017.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Nah, you never throw a pick into double coverage with the game on the line like that. Just colossally stupid by Mitchell there as well as bad clock management on the drive. They wasted from around 40secs to 20secs on one play. Thing to remember as well is that was a first down throw. Why force the pick.

Its hilarious that Stamps fumble on the Argo 1 and let the Argos return it all the way for a TD, then throw a pick at the end for more goathorns. They probably didn't have enough goathorns around to award the Stamps. You only anticipate so many.

Bo Levi Mitchell proves what an idiot he is one more time.

Special award goes to Singleton who pulls a Danny macciocia figuring they stopped the argos and turned the ball over on downs on 2nd down. I understand that counting my be hard down in Calgary but..

Anyway choke on that Calgary. lovely that was. More classic in the way that the Stamps utterly choked this one away. OMFG

I am a devout EE fan but Bo is a very talented QB. That 50 yard toss late in the game was letter perfect. If Reilly retires then I'd love to have Bo in the lineup.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Calgary.

Without a doubt this goes down in history as one of the most stupid Grey Cup losses ever. Most teams just have the won major goat play to lose the game. Calgary pulls out several in this one. Calgary is up 8pts with 4mins left and the ball on the 10. Man, just get a FG and its probably over. Instead Stamps fumble on the Argo 1, lmfao, and the Argos take it all the way to the house. Ends up with the two pointer being a 11pt swing play if Calgary even had to settle for the FG. Its a 15pt swing play if Stamps had scored the TD on the drive.

Then Mitchell forcing that pass for a pick from the Argo 10yd line. How can that NOT be considered arrogant? Throwing the ball into double coverage there with the game on the line expecting an easy 6. lol. You can't throw a pick there, you can't force a pass at that moment. Game. set. match. soon as you do.

The look on Mitchell and the Stamps faces at that point was classic. "We lost?!, we can't lose, wheres the flags, someone throw a flag. Hey, Singleton, find a flag to throw on the ground, we're turning this around.."

Mitchell probably still in shock. The guy is serious so stupid he didn't apparently realize if he throws a pick there its over. What on Earth was he thinking?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I am a devout EE fan but Bo is a very talented QB. That 50 yard toss late in the game was letter perfect. If Reilly retires then I'd love to have Bo in the lineup.

Bo Wins because the Stamps have had the best D in the league his whole tenure. The guy rarely passes for even 300yds. Again he got next to nothing done in the game. Stamps got one of their TD's on a freebee PI call.

I would NEVER want those fool playing for the Eskimos. He's the undisputed choke artist.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Bo Wins because the Stamps have had the best D in the league his whole tenure. The guy rarely passes for even 300yds. Again he got next to nothing done in the game. Stamps got one of their TD's on a freebee PI call.

I would NEVER want those fool playing for the Eskimos. He's the undisputed choke artist.
You would never have Bo playing for the EE? Sorry, I have to disagree on this one. He has a strong accurate arm that would look good in green and gold.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kamar Jordan leads his team with 115yds offense and gets a knife shoved in his back in the locker room being blamed for the loss by a veteran Marquay McDaniel who like any vet should have more sense and class to make a comment like that. Oh wow, this just keeps getting better. \

I really don't think you ever recover from two losses like this, and as we know for this Stamps club its been a lot more choke seasons than this. Its interesting though that McDaniel has nothing to say about Bo throwing the pick. Plenty of mistakes to go around and Finch was a nightmare as well. He dropped the ball on returns 4 times and Stamps retained ball on one of the fumbles on a call I still think was suspicious.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You would never have Bo playing for the EE? Sorry, I have to disagree on this one. He has a strong accurate arm that would look good in green and gold.

Jennings has a strong arm and I would never have him either. If a guy with a 10cent brain is your QB you're never going far. I like smart QB's to gunslingers every time. At the end of the day you need somebody that can make reasonable to good decisions with games on the line. Bo Levi Mitchell has NOT been that guy. He was the goat last year and again this year and had been before.

You can hardly lose with this Stamps D and he manages to in big games.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Calgary has been a very successful team. Arguably the best team record in the past 10 years. They kept the continuity going which is amazing.

Having said this I AM GLAD THEY LOST!!!!

If Esks can't win then a Calgary loss is the next best thing.

Honestly it was a kind of lucky and flukey win. In a one league system Argo would not make it to the finals. It would have been Edmonton-Calgary. Since Edmonton lost to Calgary I guess it's good that the Argos beat them. Edmonton would have have a great chance to beat the choke team too, if not for Maas.

Great for RR, good guy and great QB for the Esks and Argos.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Jennings has a strong arm and I would never have him either. If a guy with a 10cent brain is your QB you're never going far. I like smart QB's to gunslingers every time. At the end of the day you need somebody that can make reasonable to good decisions with games on the line. Bo Levi Mitchell has NOT been that guy. He was the goat last year and again this year and had been before.

You can hardly lose with this Stamps D and he manages to in big games.

I believe that Dickenson sent in the play that lost it last year. Jennings is clearly not in the same class as Mitchell.

If I was the GM of a CFL expansion team in Halifax and they said you can take one player in the league before anybody submits a protected list, I would take Bo Mitchell, hands down.

I'll leave the last word to you on this one.

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Hopefully that Argos victory will help attendance in Toronto next year. Unless it's Edm, I don't care who wins but I want this league to thrive again.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

Not true he has won a GC for Calgary.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Hopefully that Argos victory will help attendance in Toronto next year. Unless it's Edm, I don't care who wins but I want this league to thrive again.
Probably only help in a miniscue way. Toronto has too many major league teams ahead of the Argso.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not true he has won a GC for Calgary.

In that one win in 2014 Stamps were playing another weak EC squad, the 9-9 ticats. and nearly lost that game as well only scoring a measly 3 pts in the last 35mins of that game and only winning by 4 pts. Afairc Ticats even had a FG blocked.

Bo rarely puts up the pts in playoff games and GC's. Stamps win that one in 2014 because of their D. In the 2nd half in that game Mitchell didn't get it done. He's the opposite of clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad