Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
No, as bad as it was, the Maas play was worse. Calgary was going for the win on one play. Maas needed several of the following plays to go right to win.

Bo still had 20 seconds, and could have went short, or they could've went for the field goal to force over time....
He goes for a high risk, impossible play into double coverage.
If they were down by 4 or more, I could understand, but then????
no words, just amusement.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No, as bad as it was, the Maas play was worse. Calgary was going for the win on one play. Maas needed several of the following plays to go right to win.

Toronto got gifted the GC this year, just put it that way.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bo still had 20 seconds, and could have went short, or they could've went for the field goal to force over time....
He goes for a high risk, impossible play into double coverage.
If they were down by 4 or more, I could understand, but then????
no words, just amusement.
I’m not saying it wasn’t a stupid decision. I agree with everything you said. I just think the Maas decision was dumber. There was no debating the merit of that decision. At least Dickenson and Mitchell went with something that could win the game on one play. They lost the game because they failed to execute the play. It sucks for them but I understand the decision. Maas executed his field goal but never got the ball back. His decision was worse.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well congratulations to Ricky Ray, one of the premiere gentlemen in the league. He's a HOF'er for good reason. "Cool Hand Luke" got his nickname based on a demeanour that I wish Maas had. I hope this helps football in Toronto and that the win gets some serious press coverage.

It seems ironic for all those Stamp haters that the EE's sworn enemy, Mr. Laing makes the play that completely turns the game around.

With regards to the interception, I don't know if Bo made that call or if it came in from the bench but it was a puzzling move. The Stamps have such a great short passing game (not to mention screen play) and I felt sure that would be the call. If you go with the screen and it gets stopped on 2nd down then you can kick the field goal and go to overtime. One thing you don't do is throw the long pass into double coverage on this type of field.

Well, I guess Bo/Dickenson now have the same excuse that Maas did- "We were going for the win."

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
in the past 10 years, Calgary has been among the best, if not the best team in the CFL and only has 2 GC's to show for it..
back to back losses.....and 3 losses in that time.
biggest choke team in the CFL.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lol Ray and Burris together on the screen at the same time just to twist the knife in Stamps’ fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad