Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Leaf Lander said:
tonights game

June 10th 11:30 p.m. HNIC Classics: The Oilers Dynasty
Edmonton vs Boston (1988)

a chance to see: bourque neely in there primes
vs gretzky(his last cup win) messier and the oilers

I got a kick out of seeing rookie Glen Wesley, the youngest player on the ice, battling it out vs. the Oilers for the Cup. Fast-forward two decades, and Wesley is now the oldest player on the ice battling the Oilers for the Stanley Cup. Funny how things move in circles.

Also so sad to watch Gord Kluzak, who at the time had just turned 24 and would only play 11 more NHL games after the '88 final. What a specimen ... had Norris Trophy written all over him down the road.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Leaf Lander said:
and they are? :dunno: :sarcasm:

?

I thought he was asking why Edmonton fans were panicking even though they witnessed the same thing in 1984. I'm sure they wouldn't have been worried after Game 1 if Gretzky and Messier were their top 2 centers.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
OMG Edmonton gave up 2 goals.

Seriously Sather should be fired! The PP looks like crap!

EDIT: OMG Sather. Stop using the blender! If you don't play the same lines consistently, they won't develop chemistry! Fire Sather he sux!

In any case, I still say we bring in Schremp for the next game.

Last edited:

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I was watching the '88 Final the other night and it got me thinking, when did the rectangle inside the crease disappear? I know in theory it never has with the "L"s in it and now the narrow crease. Also when did full board ads become common place in NHL arenas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad