Confirmed with Link: [EDM/WSH] Dane Byers for Garrett Stafford

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That is EXACTLY what Tambo would say EXACTLY. A 4 game winning streak combo. The big question is does the team actually have a long term plan of how they want the team to be made up or do they flutter in the wind monthly as the team does well or does crappy.

No one says you go out to make a bad trade but if your long term make up of the team involves better Dmen that can play now and top 6 forward that has size and can play you better be looking at possibilities for players that are at a high level of performance right now.

You also have to look a a players history for consistency, for example Whitney, a very up and down player who happens to be playing well now but could be back in the press box in a game or two and is a FA this year.

If Tambo makes a deal for the future, great.

But I'd be more concerned about POS/Kotalik deals. And I don't think they deal Whitney, and even if they do, they likely won't get much back for him. Maybe a 3rd rounder? The Oilers are better suited to keep Whitney (which keeps Potter/Peckham down) than to trade him for cookies.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I for one am really disappointed rabble rabble rabble, Dane Byers was going to be rabble rabble rabble, Garrett Stafford projects to be nothing but a rabble rabble rabble

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
are people really getting this bent about dane byers?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
No?

Dane Byers was a key piece of what our team could be in the next few years here in Edmonton. He was a lock to succeed Taylor Hall as our first line LW.

This is just a disgusting trade.

I lol'd in real life

#youisdoingitrite

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
With Hordi and Eager down there now, Byers is expendable. Needed a d-man, this is a quality move for OKC.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
OMG they just traded the potential future of the franchise. :shakehead What a complete mismanagement of assets. Tambo should be fired immediately, as should the hold management group. Do they have no idea how to assess potential? This was our replacement for Hall. We should have at least got a 1st rounder for this guy. He is an amazing player, at least according to the last scouting report I read back in 2006. I'm going to stop watching this team and go watch a team that knows how to manage their assets, the Flames.

:sarcasm:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This is too much to digest all at once. Have to compose thoughts, reflect and assess.

Back from finding out who they are.

This is a trade.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Is there a Drew Stafford / Barrie Stafford relation/connection to Garret Stafford?? Family ties? When is Drew a UFA?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
picked up ahl depth to replace the player we are going to be bouncing tomorrow imo.

McNutty780

Apr 12, 2011
This move has exhausted tambo and co for sure.

Saving some wind for next year boyz

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
I am done with this team.

You want a trade for the sake of a trade? Really? Listen to many of the sports shows out there, who will explain , that a borderline playoff team has the hardest job to go out and make a deal for a rental player. You and everyone that wants a trade & will vilify Tambo at trade deadline should just relax. The team has chemistry right now that would be interupted with moves right now. There is still time to move the UFA'S on this team before nooon tomorrow. Also do you know if other teams even want to give up anything for our UFA'S?
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad