Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] Nail Yakupov for Zach Pochiro + Cond. 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why read the leafs thread when it was on TV yesterday? Marincin as of now is still better than Nurse, Fayne, Reinhart. We could use him with Davidson being on IR

Maybe after he finds his jockstrap in Ottawa. There weren't too many people there to witness him sucking at least.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No, as usual it starts with reasonable notes, in a Yak thread, or appreciation thread, of the accomplishments of said player on a given night. met with a litany and howl of "player is garbage" "garbage fluke shot" "Sieve" etc. which entirely dismisses that Yak was the first star in the first home game in his new city. A huge story making all the hilite reels right as we speak.

But Yak is garbage...:sarcasm:

It was a garbage goal that should have been stopped but the hyperbole runs rampant both ways.

Yak wasn't a good player here, Yak requested a trade, Yak gets traded, Yak gets garbage value because he had no value. Doesn't mean that he will always be a poor player but it didn't work for him here and if it works for him in St. Louis, that's great for him but it doesn't affect the Oilers fortunes one iota.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I'm not high on Nurse in the slightest so I don't get your point here.

The point is MM sucks. It doesn't have anything to do with Nurse or Reinhart or anyone else.

The Sens made him look like a fool. The SENATORS.

Not a chance. You take one play in isolation and say MM sucks. I can take 20 plays from last night from Nurse and do the same thing. MM is better than any of Nurse, Reinhart, Gryba etc. Be honest.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why read the leafs thread when it was on TV yesterday? Marincin as of now is still better than Nurse, Fayne, Gryba, Reinhart. We could use him with Davidson being on IR

I saw the game. He and Andersen were the main reasons why the Leafs lost yesterday. He was awful. Trust me, the Oilers don't miss Marty Marincin one bit. Petry, on the other hand, would be a useful player here but cest la vie. Time to move on already.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not a chance. You take one play in isolation and say MM sucks. I can take 20 plays from last night from Nurse and do the same thing. MM is better than any of Nurse, Reinhart, Gryba etc. Be honest.

But we're not talking about those players. You're just passing it off much like Yak boosters **** on Eberle. It doesn't matter if Nurse sucks. MM sucks and isn't better.

This is really HFOil in a nutshell. The Oilers beat the piss out of their provincial rivals and it's "just one game", "means nothing", Yakupov has his first good solid regular season game in over a year and here come the pointy fingers.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Except Tambellini did nothing. Too scared to make a trade. MacT made one good move then did zilch-o to address needs.

Larsson addresses a need the Oilers have been dying for for years. But yeah, same guy.

I will admit it was a bold move Hall for Larsson. But we lost that trade. Who was the right hand shot D-man UFA available last summer? What about keeping Hall and going that route.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I saw the game. He and Andersen were the main reasons why the Leafs lost yesterday. He was awful. Trust me, the Oilers don't miss Marty Marincin one bit. Petry on the other hand, would be a useful player here but cest la vie. Time to move on already.

Marincin is a better option than what we have right now. Fayne and Nurse? Let's be real.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes, because history shows us turning the page on players that don't work out in this town is always the right thing.

Petry, MM, Hall, Yak, etc.

MM? Only in the NHL because Toronto has the worst defense depth in the league.

Hall? Wasn't dealt because he didn't work out. Was dealt in order to make the team better.

Yak? We're judging everything based off of 2 games now? Neat

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I will admit it was a bold move Hall for Larsson. But we lost that trade. Who was the right hand shot D-man UFA available last summer? What about keeping Hall and going that route.

Oh you mean sign Demers and call it a day? The MacT way? That worked out well with the previous summer, didn't it?

Maybe he didn't wanna sign here.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It was a garbage goal that should have been stopped but the hyperbole runs rampant both ways.

Yak wasn't a good player here, Yak requested a trade, Yak gets traded, Yak gets garbage value because he had no value. Doesn't mean that he will always be a poor player but it didn't work for him here and if it works for him in St. Louis, that's great for him but it doesn't affect the Oilers fortunes one iota.

But it does. Because the lack of this org being able to develop talent into good players does not lend hope that we're in for a fantastic future. On most days you have to admit you see this. I see you questioning it in your posts from time to time.

Management just traded this talent for dirt. Instead of retaining a Center that was working for him here that they could have easily done. They didn't care enough to help the player, then they dealt him for peanuts. That's a bad org practicing bad asset management. Not sure how on Earth that is not one iota relevant to the fortunes of an org doing this..:laugh:

These points would be accepted anywhere as rational, reasonable, concern. Except here due to protectionist bias.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

There were no right shot #2 Dman available via FA last summer.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Marincin is a better option than what we have right now. Fayne and Nurse? Let's be real.

Marincin is terrible. Might have been the worst player on the ice in the Leafs first game. That's saying something because that was an ugly game with a lot of meh players playing.

Nurse is better than him in every single way.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
But it does. Because the lack of this org being able to develop talent into good players does not lend hope that we're in for a fantastic future.

Management just traded this talent for dirt. Instead of retaining a Center that was working for him here that they could have easily done. They didn't care enough to help the player, then they dealt him for peanuts. That's a bad org practicing bad asset management. Not sure how on Earth that is not one iota relevant to the fortunes of an org doing this..:laugh:

These points would be accepted anywhere as rational, reasonable, concern. Except here due to protectionist bias.

jordan-eberle.jpg

Should've traded this guy and kept Yakupov.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
All of this being thrown in our faces because Yak scored on a 40 foot slapshot that most beer leaguers could have stopped and had one nice assist in two games. :shakehead

I want to be happy for these ex-Oilers but in the same token, I dread every time they score a point because it has to turn into a conversation about how Chia sucks at his job and how we are going to dearly miss these players who led us straight to the basement for 6 years.

Its truly ridiculous. :help:

Apparently 1 game is really meaningful if it fits a specific agenda. Its so meaningful in fact that for some it completely erases 3 years of suckage.

Funny that no one is talking about the Oilers failing Paajarvi...he scored a goal too.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Marincin was brutal last night against Sens putrid was out muscled all they way from the blueline to net on a Sens goal last night By Brassard .

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Heh. I was wondering how Yak was doing in his games with the Blues. I know more than I really wanted to find out now. Just how many ex Oilers are gonna be brought up. I lost track a while ago.

That's I I got.

Oh wait. That was a weak goal, but good for Yaks for scoring. I personally think he should do away with his "patented" move of jumping into the glass to face the fans instead of congratulating his teammates that helped with the goal. That's part of his problem. He doesn't get it yet.

:popcorn:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Somebody gif Armstrong and the rest of Blues management laughing, grinning, and high fiving their latest find.

Rich team gets richer.

The Oilers, under Sather, were like that in the 80's. That was good times. Gonna be a good year in STL.

Anybody remember when we got that bust, stiff, Joe Murphy from Detroit? Turned out to be our best player for a few years. Good GM's know how to work with struggling players and give them an opportunity. Blues are all over this.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Somebody gif Armstrong and the rest of Blues management laughing, grinning, and high fiving their latest find.

Rich team gets richer.

The Oilers, under Sather, were like that in the 80's. That was good times. Gonna be a good year in STL.

I forsee an Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart, and Conn Smythe in his future. Blues will win the Cup this year on Yakupov's back.

And the Oilers will finish dead last and trade McDavid for David Backes.

One good game after 40-some terrible games and suddenly he's gold. Unbelievable. How come nobody bumped the Hall thread after he went pointless tonight?

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Marincin is terrible. Might have been the worst player on the ice in the Leafs first game. That's saying something because that was an ugly game with a lot of meh players playing.

Nurse is better than him in every single way.

No Way Nurse is better than MM. Maybe in some aspects but not everything.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Kris Russell had as many points in last night's game as Gilbert had in 45 games in MTL last year.

Ya, I don't agree with a lot of what Replacement was saying.

I chalk his disposition up to the toll that 10 years of losing will take on a guy.

From the sounds of it, he would get more enjoyment by being right about managements missteps then the Oilers actually being successful.

Hopefully putting wins on the board will change the attitude around here.

I'm fairly guarded in my optimism but I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far.

If we can finally win consistently after all this pain it's going to be so sweet.

Look at all these sad oilers fans until the coming of McJesus :popcorn: ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->