Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] Nail Yakupov for Zach Pochiro + Cond. 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
All of this being thrown in our faces because Yak scored on a 40 foot slapshot that most beer leaguers could have stopped and had one nice assist in two games. :shakehead

I want to be happy for these ex-Oilers but in the same token, I dread every time they score a point because it has to turn into a conversation about how Chia sucks at his job and how we are going to dearly miss these players who led us straight to the basement for 6 years.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why should i go the Blues board? I'm an OILERS fan....that's the team i root for......yippie he scored a goal....bring on the Rocket Richard.....don't worry, once Yak goes on his extended disappearing act like he always does, i'll be sure to ask you how he's doing. As a 1st overall, it's pretty pathetic that Yak can't produce anything on his own. Which other top pick is that dependant on others to even accomplish something above mediocrity?

Why can't Nuge produce on his own then. Be consistent. :sarcasm:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes, because history shows us turning the page on players that don't work out in this town is always the right thing.

Petry, MM, Hall, Yak, etc.

Gagner, Cogliano, MPS, Schremp, Omark....

Yeah that MM looked great last night against Ottawa. Turnstiled like it was going out of style. :laugh:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
No actually I enjoyed watching the spoils of this orgs idiocy tonight. Nice seeing players I happen to like play for teams that won't **** them over.

Tom Gilbert will be good for LA as well. you can laugh at that too. I'll have the last laugh though.

The little enjoyments in life I guess...:skeptic:...

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Yes, because history shows us turning the page on players that don't work out in this town is always the right thing.

How are you already confirming that it wasn't the right thing to trade those players? They've played an amount of 3 games combined and we're already confirming it as a loss?

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Think about how bad our bottomsix has been those year, or how bad our goaltending was, or D. Doesn't really matter, your mind is made up.

Meanwhile yak first star tonight in a game competed by two clubs that are worlds better than ours and with 20 players on the ice tonight as good as anybody but McDavid that we have. Yeah, in that game Yak managed to nab first star on 3rd line and limited minutes. Making all his minutes and shifts count.

You love to blame the bottom 6, yet Yak is head and shoulders worse than all the others with that -84 over that stretch.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You are not alone in believing that. Just think, which statement is more likely to be true:

- Yak is a solid NHL winger capable of 40+ pts per season and Oiler Management is incompetent having lost another trade

vs.

- Oiler Management is brilliant and turned garbage Yak into a 3rd round pick was pure genius.

Thank you for logic. Does my heart good to know I'm not alone. Theres a lot of others out there, a lot of them have stopped following this idiot org.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Why is it a foregone conclusion that a talented #1 pick was never going to work out here?

Sorry, that's simply revisionist rationalizing.

The much more familiar narrative is the worst org in the NHL a decade running blows up yet another player.

Revisionist? Whoop do doo, he blew a savable shot through Dubnyk. In his depths as a player he he would still trot out a decent game here or there. I didn't see you saying **** when he didn't do jack last night and looked like the "running from bees" Yakupov on many occasions.

I'm still more than happy that we moved on. We have players that can score, we need more players that actually know how to play hockey.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Oh yeah the MacT model! That worked out great, didn't it? Or how about the Tambellini model?

If you've been watching this team for any length of time you knew they had to lose a trade to address that dire need on the back end.

Good Lord the Oilers put up 7 goals on the Flames last night and we're regretting the trade of the worst 1st overall pick in over a decade.

Really, the Tambellini - MacT model was exactly the same model as we have today. Trade away assets for lesser assets. Sign UFA's. Nothing has changed .... other than a blind, #### throwing monkey could have drafted McDavid.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

MM? Oh yeah? Go read the Leafs PGT and see what they think of your precious MM. 1 game in and they won't him off the team ASAP.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Really, the Tambellini - MacT model was exactly the same model as we have today. Trade away assets for lesser assets. Sign UFA's. Nothing has changed .... other than a blind, #### throwing monkey could have drafted McDavid.

You really think MacT would of traded hall for larsson? Our team is better for it even if we might of lost the trade value wise.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thank you for logic. Does my heart good to know I'm not alone. Theres a lot of others out there, a lot of them have stopped following this idiot org.

Yakupov hasn't even approached 40 points at any point in his career and suddenly he's going to surpass that? I mean yeah he has the potential to be a 40+ point winger the same way I have the potential to have a threesome with Black Widow and Scarlet Witch tomorrow.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Gagner, Cogliano, MPS, Schremp, Omark....

Yeah that MM looked great last night against Ottawa. Turnstiled like it was going out of style. :laugh:

Right now MM looks a lot better than Nurse ... but watching last night, I think MM may have stood up for Davidson. At least we know Nurse turned the other cheek. Funny, you are going to need a Nurse when he gets traded in a few years for a Yakupov like return.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
All of this being thrown in our faces because Yak scored on a 40 foot slapshot that most beer leaguers could have stopped and had one nice assist in two games. :shakehead

I want to be happy for these ex-Oilers but in the same token, I dread every time they score a point because it has to turn into a conversation about how Chia sucks at his job and how we are going to dearly miss these players who led us straight to the basement for 6 years.
No, as usual it starts with reasonable notes, in a Yak thread, or appreciation thread, of the accomplishments of said player on a given night. met with a litany and howl of "player is garbage" "garbage fluke shot" "Sieve" etc. which entirely dismisses that Yak was the first star in the first home game in his new city. A huge story making all the hilite reels right as we speak.

But Yak is garbage...:sarcasm:

Return to the regularly scheduled see no evil, speak no evil programming.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Except Tambellini did nothing. Too scared to make a trade. MacT made one good move then did zilch-o to address needs.

Larsson addresses a need the Oilers have been dying for for years. But yeah, same guy.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
MM? Oh yeah? Go read the Leafs PGT and see what they think of your precious MM. 1 game in and they won't him off the team ASAP.

Why read the leafs thread when it was on TV yesterday? Marincin as of now is still better than Nurse, Fayne, Gryba, Reinhart. We could use him with Davidson being on IR

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

I bet those who have stopped following the organization are also smart enough to not stress themselves on message boards day in and day out over a team they don't care about.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Right now MM looks a lot better than Nurse ... but watching last night, I think MM may have stood up for Davidson. At least we know Nurse turned the other cheek. Funny, you are going to need a Nurse when he gets traded in a few years for a Yakupov like return.

I'm not high on Nurse in the slightest so I don't get your point here.

The point is MM sucks. It doesn't have anything to do with Nurse or Reinhart or anyone else.

The Sens made him look like a fool. The SENATORS.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

You don't really know who MM is as a player, he wouldn't stand up for anyone.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
You really think MacT would of traded hall for larsson? Our team is better for it even if we might of lost the trade value wise.

Good point, he would have traded Hall for Kyle Quincey because he likes left shooters and Schultz would still be on the team winning his Norris Trophy this year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

You stink of an opportunist.

You just know if they dealt Nurse tomorrow you would be on your soap box shouting "THEY RUSHED NURSE NOW THEY LOST A TRADE DEALING HIM FOR NOTHING! DUMB ORG!"

Or are the players that currently play on the team open for criticism until they're dealt at which point you white knight for them to try and show how much smarter you are than management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->