Proposal: EDM NYR

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I did not want to create a new thread as much as ask a ?.

While the OP mentions G prospect Shesty and Oil pick, this post is not about that exhausted topic but does fit the thread caption of the 2 teams.
------------

hypothetical:

Rangers do Staal at half + for full pop Anisimov +; Hawks do this to save cap.

Dallas is ambivalent about Spezza at 7 cause he goes before they need him to re-up for Seguin. But let's say they agree to a broker's fee, 3 years of Anisimov for expiring Spezza at 7 so they save 2.5m immediately, with options to get more cap down the road. Say something like
AA + Bruins 2018 1st
for
Spezza + Stars 2018 1st

Now with that setup, here's my question...
what interest would Oil have in Spezza rental?

Prime spez would be top dollar and this is not, but rather than wait until injury forces a bidder to show it will pay highest rental, what would Oil offer for expiring Spez now? Think he has to waive, but for discussion, say he does.

Not sure there is a fit that interests Rangers, but I will listen with an open mind...

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Talbot put up a .902 in the AHL when he was older than Georgiev.. with a better AHL team than what Georgiev had in front of him.

Georgiev also had a very good string of games in the NHL (also with an AHL defense in front of him). Using the words "massive overpay" is a stretch - sure, his value is probably a 3rd and not a 2nd. But we have no real reason to give him up.

Difference is Talbot improved a lot then proved himself in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad