Proposal: EDM NYR

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Henrik is soon 36 - it will not happen, close topic. :)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Why don't you float your second by the Caps for Holtby or Grubauer? They've got a kid coming over next year that's going to give them three goalies. You may need to add a little but You know what you're getting is tested. Us trading Shestyorkin now is like trading your Powerball ticket 10 minutes before they draw the numbers. Yeah he might be nothing. But I'm going to find out for sure before I burn the ticket or give it to you.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shestyorkin isn the best goalie prospect in Europe. Hard pass

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
:rangers

Edmonton Oilers 2018 2nd

:edmonton

Igor Shestyorkin

Talbot has one more year on his contract. Edmonton needs a back up who can push Cam and play 20-25 games. If Shestyorkin outplays Talbot the Oilers have leverage in negotiations.

By all accounts the 2nd is a high one.

Would you do this if you were a Ranger fan?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
A 2nd is a massive overpay for Georgiev. Dude had a .909 in the AHL.

Bad logic. Rask had a 905 in Providence in 45 games in 07-08 but he was probably worth more than a 2nd.

I'm not saying Georgiev is worth a 2nd or more, but your logic is off.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The only thing I wanted from the Rangers was McD... but Chia decided to stand pat.

Doubt he free agencies here.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It’s not. I’m not giving up a 2nd for a guy who was below average at the AHL level.

Imagine if GMs were to evaluate and make decisions on goalies based on nothing but their SV% in their early 20's seasons in the minor leagues.

Again, I'm not saying your conclusion is wrong, just how you arrived there.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It feels strange to not be part of playoffs after 7 years, and I won`t be watching Tampa later this night, because of my beauty sleep. :)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Edmonton Oilers 2018 2nd

Igor Shestyorkin

Talbot has one more year on his contract. Edmonton needs a back up who can push Cam and play 20-25 games. If Shestyorkin outplays Talbot the Oilers have leverage in negotiations.

Not available.

At all

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Why don't you float your second by the Caps for Holtby or Grubauer? They've got a kid coming over next year that's going to give them three goalies. You may need to add a little but You know what you're getting is tested. Us trading Shestyorkin now is like trading your Powerball ticket 10 minutes before they draw the numbers. Yeah he might be nothing. But I'm going to find out for sure before I burn the ticket or give it to you.
The Capitals would rightly ask for a substantial add, most Caps posters, myself included, think the Caps won't trade Grubauer without mid-1st Rd pick value.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Would you do this if you were a Ranger fan?
To tell the truth, I was not certain how attached Ranger fans were to Shestyorkin. If he is considered untouchable fair enough. I was just looking for a non-NHL goalie with upside who could push Talbot. Only worth a 2nd to me. If your guy is worth a ton more, we can close this thread. No sweat. No insult intended.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Rangers wouldn't trade Shesterkin for both #1 & #2 from Edmonton this year. Wouldn't trade him for any prospect from the 2018 draft except Dahlin. He's likely the Rangers franchise goalie as soon as he arrives in the US when his KHL contract ends in 2019.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Edmonton Oilers 2018 2nd

Igor Shestyorkin

Shestyorkin will be the successor of Lundqvist. I don't think he gets moved.

Reactions: Ori

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It’s not. I’m not giving up a 2nd for a guy who was below average at the AHL level.

Georgiev was great in Hartgord. The rest of the team awful. How good can your save percentage be when your team gives up a dozen or more breakaway and 2-on-1s per game, on top of many point blank shots from up close? The guy was really, really good there. I watch Hartford.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Edmonton Oilers 2018 2nd

Igor Shestyorkin

The Rangers have 3 firsts and 2 seconds (I believe). They're not looking to add more picks. Therefore, they're not trading one of their top prospects for a pick. He's more valuable to th Rangers than a high 2nd.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Rangers wouldn't trade Shesterkin for both #1 & #2 from Edmonton this year. Wouldn't trade him for any prospect from the 2018 draft except Dahlin. He's likely the Rangers franchise goalie as soon as he arrives in the US when his KHL contract ends in 2019.

Wow. I mean... that is some statement. I know he has been good in the KHL but...

I've seen some low ball offers on here that make the head spin... but this... wowzers.

...goalies don't really get that kind of return. I understand if he is worth more to your organization than a 2nd and a prospect. Totally get that.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The Rangers vowed their franchise goalie in Montoya would never wear a Oiler Jersey, good luck Shestyorkin ever wearing one.

Sean Aviary

Chirp! Chirp!
Jan 5, 2012
Rangers have no reason to trade either goalie. They need a backup next year, and they need two goalies in three years. They're already an ideal fit for the Rangers needs.

Reactions: bl02

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He wasn’t playing behind a good team and his numbers before he got called up were insane, he started to adjust to the AHL
Fair if you don’t want to trade a 2nd for him but he’s a real good G prospect

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
And the Rangers trade a top goalie prospect when Hanks on the wrong side of 30 because?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Edmonton Oilers 2018 2nd

Igor Shestyorkin

The answer is no, but the concept is not as automatically as cut and dried as you get on first impression.

This offer does not cut the mustard. It was a good faith effort by OP, but it is too lite. Lundy is on the way out due to age. NYR needs a replacement.

So Shesty is the clear heir apparent, and his status as an elite G prospect is not to be discounted.

Now the x factor here is Rangers G guru, netminder coach Benoit Allaire. He does wonders. See Pavlec this year.

If we got a premium overpayment that made it worth our trouble, NYR could think about moving Shesty for an alternate asset, if there was appreciable profit. Not otherwise.

Oil likely does not want to go there.

Also, if Oilers or acquiring team paid the same up front, ok, but more likely, logically, if Shesty traded at all, it would make more sense for NYR to add to his value by showcasing him for a year, and not trade him now with no visible NHL track record.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I fail to see how that has anything to do with his value to us and why we would absolutely not trade him away barring a very significant return [which a 2nd round pick absolutely is not].

Well I have seen him play a few times and when it comes to KHL stats for goalies I call them soft mostly due to the fact that I have been at games were the shot clock had say 40 shots for one team but I counted maybe 20. Also, in the case of both Koskinen and this guy, they were a 1a and 1b goal tending tandem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad