EDM longest scoring streak 2022/23 w/o a McDavid point?

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
As probably many of other non-Oilers fans, I do too follow McDavid a bit, as he is by a mile the best individual player i've seen to play live.

Obviously the guy is scoring this season like crazy and it feels like he is, apologies for the Hughesism, on a seasong-long points heater.

Today Edmonton has scored 4x against the Avalanche and McDavid has not even recorded an assist.

That got me wondering, what's the longest scoring streak for the Oilers this season w/o a point scored by McDavid?

My gut feeling says its closer to 5 than 10 goals.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I have a better question, whats the shorter scoring streak for a Habs goal with Armia?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
As probably many of other non-Oilers fans, I do too follow McDavid a bit, as he is by a mile the best individual player i've seen to play live.

Obviously the guy is scoring this season like crazy and it feels like he is, apologies for the Hughesism, on a seasong-long points heater.

Today Edmonton has scored 4x against the Avalanche and McDavid has not even recorded an assist.

That got me wondering, what's the longest scoring streak for the Oilers this season w/o a point scored by McDavid?

My gut feeling says its closer to 5 than 10 goals.
I think the answer is 7. The Oilers beat Pittsburgh 6-3 and McDavid had no points. He then got an assist on the second goal they scored after that game. He had a point on the last goal they scored before the Pittsburgh game. Of course this is just an educated guess but I would be surprised if it is not correct.

Last edited:

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
I think the answer is 7. The Oilers beat Pittsburgh 6-3 and McDavid had no points. He then got an assist on the second goal they scored after that game. He had a point on the last goal they scored before the Pittsburgh game. Of course this is juts an educated guess but I would be surprised if it is not correct.
The answer is correct. Then we have a 6 and a 5 this season. In fact we have to go back to the latest McDavid significant injury in February 2020 to find a streak longer than 7 (20). There were also two seven-goal streaks in 2021/22, but none in 2020/21.

The code to start the script:
my $mcdavid = 8478402;

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad