Confirmed Trade: [EDM/LAK] Jussi Jokinen for Michael Cammalleri

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Neither can skate, but Cammy can shoot. Oilers really, really need some shooting wingers. At the expense of defensive responsibility, even.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
According to Jon Rosens latest article (LA Kings Insider) Michael Cammalleri wanted out of LA because he was unhappy with the ice time he was getting.

He wasn't good enough for a top 6 role with the Kings and was scratched multiple times this season. Small, one dimensional players are not gonna work for the bottom six of a big Kings team.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Uh, why did LA agree to this? Cammalleri had 7 points in 14 games, while Jokinen was absolute trash and only scored 1 assist for his 14 games...
Apparently Cammalleri was fitting into the role they wanted for him ...so they flipped him for a guy that would. Jokinen was a no risk good gamble to take that failed awfully. Hopefully Cammalleri still has something to offer. IMO this guy would be the perfect mentor for Cagguila..he should be soaking in everything he can from MC

Like this deal. Pete should stick to smaller subtle deals like this...he usually does good.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
According to Jon Rosens latest article (LA Kings Insider) Michael Cammalleri wanted out of LA because he was unhappy with the ice time he was getting.

He wasn't good enough for a top 6 role with the Kings and was scratched multiple times this season. Small, one dimensional players are not gonna work for the bottom six of a big Kings team.

So how exactly does Jokinen fit any better into Kings bottom six in that case?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Hope it works out for both sides - I was perplexed at how much JJ struggled. He will definitely fit in the bottom 6 much better than Cammalleri though for sure.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
I'll just say it seemed like Cammy was happy to be back in LA but after being scratched a couple games, placed on bottom 6 and diminishing ice time it wouldnt surprise me he asked for a trade where he could be used in a top 6 role. With Gabby coming back soon and the resurgence of Brown/Kopitar, what we need from him on July 1st we no longer needed 6 weeks in to he season.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I fully expect JJ will bounce back and start putting up some points in LA. This will be followed by a whole bunch of Oilers fans calling Chia stupid and freaking out about PDO.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It's not really lateral though, Jokinen looks like he doesn't even belong in the league anymore while Cammalleri can at least still score at a decent enough rate. Not a big win but it fills a need for the Oilers with his one shot scoring ability especially on the PP, don't expect anything from him at even strength.

Cammalleri had a 4 point game early in the season and only has points in 3 out of 15 games this season.

Maybe he can fill a void with the Oilers if the move sparks him but he hasn't looked great this year aside from the 1 game.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Jokinen has amazing fancy stats and an awful PDO. Cam has mediocre fancy stats and a high PDO, also collected more than half of his points in one game. This is not the lopsided trade that people are trying to make it out to be.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Jokinen has amazing fancy stats and an awful PDO. Cam has mediocre fancy stats and a high PDO, also collected more than half of his points in one game. This is not the lopsided trade that people are trying to make it out to be.

Have you watched Jokinen play this season?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
if you watched the games, Jokinen can't skate anymore and never had a legit scoring chance all season

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Cammy is a "me first" player, always has been. Doesn't care that the team is exceeding expectations this season so far, he wasn't happy because he wasn't getting his. LA may be better off with addition by subtraction in this case. JJ may end up being breasts on a bull in LA, but other than 1 game Cam wasn't noticeable. Hopefully JJ can help calm a young bottom 6 and add a more positive veteran presence than who he's replacing.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I've watched both play, both have looked pretty bad on the eye test to me. Point is, it's much more of a nothing trade than lopsided for either.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad