Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CGY] James Neal <--> Milan Lucic ($750K Ret.) + Cond. 3rd '20 (Goals Scored Related vs. Looch)

Would You Have Pulled The Trigger On This Deal? (Neal for Lucic, 750k ret., cond 3rd)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Way to completely dismiss the point, can't answer it can you?

You clearly have absolutely no idea how this league works.

Guess what? It's a business.
Dallas traded him early in his career, it happens.
Nashville traded a very solid player for him.
Vegas claimed him in the expansion draft.
Calgary paid big money for him, which Vegas couldn't match.

Again, why are teams trading solid players, paying him big money, and strapping an "A" on his chest?

Please answer that.

I'm surprised I'm wasting my time with you, but I'll play.
He wont.

I already explained it and he seemingly missed it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we’re giving up the 3rd that means he’s scoring over 21 goals and we got a 20 something goal scorer for Milan Lucic. That’s a massive win by any metric.

GMs throw around 3rd round picks like free Halloween candy anyway, you can get a 3rd back from some other team any number of ways.

Getting out of the Lucic deal without giving up a 1st or a 2nd at least is a big bonus.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lucic had 2 goals and 7 assists this season that did not include McDavid, Draisaitl, or Nuge receiving a point despite playing only 275:46 with Nuge, 167:34 with McDavid, and 186:46 with Draisaitl out of 1045:37 total TOI. You can pretty much assume his time with McDavid was also with Draisaitl, and that his time with Nuge and his extra time with Drai were separate. That means Lucic played around 583 minutes away from those 3 players for a total of 9 points. That's a P/60 of 0.926 in all situations in a bottom 6 role, which based off his ice time last season would have resulted in 4 goals and 16 points, and that is with PP time.

I've seen some Flames fans hoping he could maybe squeeze out 15 goals or 30P on their 3rd line, but without PP time he'll be lucky to crack 5 goals let alone 15 points if he performs like he did this season.

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
I wonder how many hf members want Holland fired now lol. Oh, btw - he ain't done yet. He's reshaping the roster and fitting it under the cap. Absolutely amazing. And to think how much the Laughs had to give up to move Marleau - granted they need cap room there but still. IMO we stole Neal from Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad