Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ARI] Mitch Moroz for Henrik Samuelsson

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Rieder had a future as a 2nd/3rd line tweener Kessy didn't have a future, niether of Samuelsson or Moroz have a future so it seems like it's different to me. The Rieder for Kessy trade was a perfect microcosm of why we were so screwed up as a franchise, we were perpetually on the lookout to add more team toughness and size, but we were always picking up guys who would always amount to nothing more than 4th liners at the very most, when we needed size and toughness that could play a more prominent role in our top 9 and actually be capable of playing more than 8 minutes a game. Also the pursuit of our big tough guys was almost always horrible asset management, there was never a year where you couldn't pick up a fully developed NHL version of a Moroz, Abney, or Kessy for a 4th round pick, yet we sunk higher value assets into it.

This is two GM's chatting and being like hey are you going to offer Moroz a new contract? Hell no. How about you with Samuelsson? Ofcourse not. Want to swap prospects to see if either one has a speck of life left in them. Not sure on the point, but hey what's left to lose.

What this amounts to is us giving Samuelsson a 2 month try-out for an AHL contract for next year, cause with how his numbers are he certainly doesn't deserve to be on our 50 man-list.

Yep. Chiarelli picked Kassian and Maroon for scraps. Tambellini and MacT would have sunk a pair of 2nd round picks instead of trading for or signing such players.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Judging by what Coyotes fans are saying, Henrik is a bit more of a risk-reward guy with his recent injury struggles and poor skating, whereas Moroz is a more steady bottom 6 guy without as much potential. I prefer the Henrik type of player for my prospects, but either way, it's a pretty inconsequential trade.

Bottom 6 guy in the AHL you mean. Or 4th liner in the AHL actually

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Pitlick had a history of injuries. Even last year there were many who thought he should be dumped. Instead he came back ad was a force until a bad injury took him out but he will be back next season. This new kid had injuries. I am in Bako and watched with horror at Moroz. Last year he played a physical game and appeared to be finding his niche. This year he is total crap. So the new guy had injuries. Big deal. He deserves a chance just like Pitlick. He has upside where Moroz was going no where but down. Bako is soooooo short on centers. Basically we have one solid 3rd or 4th line center in Currie. We need all the help on forwards that we can get. All we have up front is Beck, JP and Hamilton. Pretty darn sad.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Pitlick had a history of injuries. Even last year there were many who thought he should be dumped. Instead he came back ad was a force until a bad injury took him out but he will be back next season. This new kid had injuries. I am in Bako and watched with horror at Moroz. Last year he played a physical game and appeared to be finding his niche. This year he is total crap. So the new guy had injuries. Big deal. He deserves a chance just like Pitlick. He has upside where Moroz was going no where but down. Bako is soooooo short on centers. Basically we have one solid 3rd or 4th line center in Currie. We need all the help on forwards that we can get. All we have up front is Beck, JP and Hamilton. Pretty darn sad.

Very well said. I agree completely. If there is even a tiny chance Samuelsson can be a factor in the NHL someday... he's worth a shot... and at the very least he adds some depth down in the AHL where I agree... it's definitely needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad