Editor Mock Drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Here's the 2002 Editors one.. I dont have the teams.. just the order.

Bouwmeester
Nash
Pitkanen
Lehtonen
Babchuk
Upshall
Lupul
Eminger
Hudler
Whitney
Semin
Taticek
Evseev
Grebeshkov
Higgins
Koreis
Nystrom
Shinin
Slater
Anshakov
Paille
Boychuk
Vagner
Koltsov
Bouchard
Henrich
Fernholm
Globke
Stephan
Eager

and here's a HF Posters one for the same draft:

Bouwmeester
Pitkanen
Nash
Babchuk
Lehtonen
Whitney
Upshall
Eminger
Hudler
Lupul
Semin
Evseev
Grebeshkov
Taticek
Boychuk
Nystrom
Barinka
Vagner
Koreis
Bergenheim
Stehlik
Henrich
Deslauriers
Rome
Paille
Anshakov
Monych
Higgins
Fernholm
Bouchard

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Stevex said:
and here's a HF Posters one for the same draft:

Bouwmeester
Pitkanen
Nash
Babchuk
Lehtonen
Whitney
Upshall
Eminger
Hudler
Lupul
Semin
Evseev
Grebeshkov
Taticek
Boychuk
Nystrom
Barinka
Vagner
Koreis
Bergenheim
Stehlik
Henrich
Deslauriers
Rome
Paille
Anshakov
Monych
Higgins
Fernholm
Bouchard

I was part of that one : Semin at 11 + Bouchard at 30 = :yo:

leafaholix*

Steen not taken in either one... yet he's arguably a top 20 pick from that draft if we were to re-draft today.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Shinin is still a good defenseman. I mean, I heard he had a BIT of attitude problems. But.. Well. I just don't understand him not being drafted *shrugs*.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reveille said:
Shinin is still a good defenseman. I mean, I heard he had a BIT of attitude problems. But.. Well. I just don't understand him not being drafted *shrugs*.

Not being drafted twice and he lost his roster spot in the RSL (or that's what I read). Maybe he will show something in the remax games.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
IIRC the Shinin selection wasn't quite intentional. The editor couldnt make the live editors draft so he sent a list to the organisers and Shinin was on it by mistake or something. Im not sure exactly but the pick stood anyway since it was live.

Sigh the Coyotes had two first rounders.. just our luck they were in a terrible draft.. especially after another year when we had two (Briere and Focht) in a crappy draft year. Neither Koreis nor Eager looks that impressive and they cant claim they didnt know about Alex Steen! Maybe thats why they took Liam Lindstrom a year later in fear of making a similar mistake..

st_roland

Stevex said:
IIRC the Shinin selection wasn't quite intentional. The editor couldnt make the live editors draft so he sent a list to the organisers and Shinin was on it by mistake or something. Im not sure exactly but the pick stood anyway since it was live.

Sigh the Coyotes had two first rounders.. just our luck they were in a terrible draft.. especially after another year when we had two (Briere and Focht) in a crappy draft year. Neither Koreis nor Eager looks that impressive and they cant claim they didnt know about Alex Steen! Maybe thats why they took Liam Lindstrom a year later in fear of making a similar mistake..

I wouldn't say 2002 was a terrible draft. I'm no Mizral, but I recognize 15 names on that list as being capable of being great hockey players. Plus its just a year later, wait a couple years, then judge how good of a draft it was.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
st_roland said:
I wouldn't say 2002 was a terrible draft. I'm no Mizral, but I recognize 15 names on that list as being capable of being great hockey players. Plus its just a year later, wait a couple years, then judge how good of a draft it was.

Yeah I guess Im exaggerating for effect. The Coyotes werent drafting in the top 15 in 2003 but in the bottom 15 and it seems like many of those are now realistically destined for third line roles at best.. you hope to strike gold with a Gagne, Barrett Jackson or Havlat but I dont think there are any.. well maybe Grebeshkov but he was taken before our picks anyway. Would have been nice to have two 1sts in '98 and '03 instead of '96 and '02 that we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad