Ed Snider on TV in Philly yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
My guess is that the profit sharing concept proposed by the NHL in Febuary is going to back in this deal. I truly thought that the profit sharing proposal from the NHL would have gotten a deal done at the time, as it seemed to alieviate many of the PA's fears from a linked system.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
DR said:
does he mean best mutual agreement in sports (ie for both sides) or just the most owner friendly agreement.

i hope for the sake of the sport, he meant best agreement in sports for both sides. if its the most owner friendly agreement, count on another shutdown when it expires.

dr
I am sure he means from both sides, it serves no purpose if it is good for one side and not the other, kinda like the CBA that just expired...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
On the finacial front, I looked at the Avs The projected payroll in real dollars was about 42.8, if there is a buyout and a 1-1 luxary tax on dollars spent over over the cap the total cost would be 51.6, which is about 10 million less than last season's payroll.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Hasbro said:
On the finacial front, I looked at the Avs The projected payroll in real dollars was about 42.8, if there is a buyout and a 1-1 luxary tax on dollars spent over over the cap the total cost would be 51.6, which is about 10 million less than last season's payroll.

I know its been debated over and over on other threads, but I just can't see how this one time event (massive CBA starting buyouts) is going to count against the cap.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
heshootshescores said:
I know its been debated over and over on other threads, but I just can't see how this one time event (massive CBA starting buyouts) is going to count against the cap.
I don't take your meaning. :dunno:

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Hasbro said:
I don't take your meaning. :dunno:

I do not believe that the CBA will call for these initial buyouts to count against the salary cap. I think they will give a one time reprieve in order to assist teams in adjusting.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
heshootshescores said:
I do not believe that the CBA will call for these initial buyouts to count against the salary cap. I think they will give a one time reprieve in order to assist teams in adjusting.
Neither do I. I was saying the 42 million was what the Avs would be paying in actual money.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
cgyfireman said:
Was he talking about it on the Yankees broadcast?I just caught the end of it there,he was talking about raising money for cancer.
:clap:
Yea. They didn't want to talk about it much because he wasn't there for that, but when he did say something it was kind of in the past tense if you know what I mean. And after he left the 2 announcers mentioned he was optomistic

cgyfireman

Feb 25, 2004
nyr7andcounting said:
Yea. They didn't want to talk about it much because he wasn't there for that, but when he did say something it was kind of in the past tense if you know what I mean. And after he left the 2 announcers mentioned he was optomistic

Thanks NYR,sounds good!!

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Hasbro/ColoradoHockeyFan:

I don't mean to be rude, but I always wondered what the heck is Denver's logo???? And what does it have to do with Pioneers? To me, it looks like a bloody eagle's head on a dirt road... :confused:

just curious...

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
heshootshescores said:
I don't mean to be rude, but I always wondered what the heck is Denver's logo???? And what does it have to do with Pioneers? To me, it looks like a bloody eagle's head on a dirt road... :confused:

Looks like a black bird with brown wings, bitten in half.

Must be an homage to Ozzy Osbourne, musical pioneer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad