ECSF Game 6: Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7 PM ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DZtt5RtXcAA_FQM.jpg

cut.jpg

MATCH: Penguins vs. Capitals
SERIES: Second Round, 3-2 WSH
TIME: 7 p.m. EST
PLACE: PPG Paints Arena
TV: NBCSN
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X​

5 THINGS
The Pens face elimination for the first time this playoffs. The team is 4-0 all-time in elimination games under head coach Mike Sullivan. The last time the club trailed 3-2 in a series was in the 2016 Eastern Conference Final against Tampa Bay.

2. Jake Guentzel (21 points) and Sidney Crosby (20) rank Nos. 1 and 2 in the NHL in postseason scoring.

3. Crosby scored his 66th career playoff goal in Game 5, surpassing Jaromir Jagr for 2nd place on the team's all-time list - 10 behind leader Mario Lemieux.

4. Washington's Nicklas Backstrom suffered an upper-body injury in Game 5. He traveled to Pittsburgh and is expected to be in the lineup for Game 6.

5. The Caps used rookie Jakub Vrana on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov in place of the suspended Tom Wilson. He recorded 3 points (1G-2A), including the game-winning goal. The top line combined for 7 points (2G-5A).

Game Preview: Pens-Caps (Game 6)

If this is it
If this is the game that ends this insane wave that we've been riding, it's been one hell of a ride. I know it will be bittersweet, but pop a champagne bottle and celebrate an epic journey that probably will never be duplicated.

Never forget how blessed we are to have Mario, Sid, Jagr, Geno and be able to enjoy hockey the way we have. 5 Stanley Cups since 1990. Some teams would kill for one. It's been such an amazingly blessed and fun journey to share with friends and family. If tonight we come up short, just kick back and think about how truly awesome it has been.

Never forget what Badger said - "It's a Great Day For Hockey" and if you need another great Badger quote:

"I'm always optimistic. It's the only way to live life, ya know? Don't hang your head. Life is too short. Every day is a bonus. Don't ever forget that. It's a bonus." ~ Bob Johnson

97040c028daa82c6bfdce3202338dec6.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins:
Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Sheary-Sheahan-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Brassard-Rust

Dumoulin-Letang
Oleksiak-Schultz
Maatta-Ruhwedel

Murray

Washington Capitals:
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Vrana
Stephenson-Backstrom-Oshie
Connolly-Eller-DSP
???-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos

Holtby

upload_2018-4-29_9-49-15-png.117899
upload_2018-4-29_9-49-15-png.117899

sQZxvlG.png
sQZxvlG.png

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018

I know people will disagree with me, but the Caps losing Backstrom would actually be a very big deal. Bigger than the Pens losing Malkin earlier in the series. Astronomically larger than the Caps losing Wilson in the middle of the series.

Success in the NHL starts down the middle. The Caps having a complete two-way center in Backstrom along with an offensively gifted center in Kuzy, has provided a nice one-two punch. Backstrom would be a big hole that cannot be filled by one guy. Going to take a team effort to win without him.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I know people will disagree with me, but the Caps losing Backstrom would actually be a very big deal. Bigger than the Pens losing Malkin earlier in the series. Astronomically larger than the Caps losing Wilson in the middle of the series.

Success in the NHL starts down the middle. The Caps having a complete two-way center in Backstrom along with an offensively gifted center in Kuzy, has provided a nice one-two punch. Backstrom would be a big hole that cannot be filled by one guy. Going to take a team effort to win without him.
Who would disagree with that

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio

I can't disagree with this. I bet he plays and actually hope he does. I think Pens win tonight regardless.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If Washington wins, they should have their own stanley cup in the building and celebrate like they actually won the cup. Even have ring ceremonies and a banner raised. Why not.

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
Bold prediction: OVI and Crosby both get a hat-trick but somebody random, let's say Connolly, wins it for Washington.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It seems like the type of game that Pittsburgh always win.

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
Penguins that need to "do better" if they're going to win tonight, in order:

Kris Letang
Matt Murray
Phil Kessel
Brian Rust

Nobody is talking about what an awful playoffs Brian Rust is having - after a solid year and a reputation as a playoff performer. He has been invisible this playoffs.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Penguins that need to "do better" if they're going to win tonight, in order:

Kris Letang
Matt Murray
Phil Kessel
Brian Rust

Nobody is talking about what an awful playoffs Brian Rust is having - after a solid year and a reputation as a playoff performer. He has been invisible this playoffs.

No wonder he sucks these playoffs, his evil twin Brian is playing.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
Let's just hope the Capitals don't have to defeat the officials too because the Pens are facing elimination and draw better tv ratings.

Reactions: mmvvpp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad