Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
From the NHL rulebook-

Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper 69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed

Good goal 🙂 I think the fact that Heiney was trying to get out of the crease and being blocked by OEL helped, Bob had time to reset

Oh no question Bob was able to get into position to make a save, I just remember goals being called back because someone's toe was in the crease or some such nonsense.

Thank you for the info!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Oh no question Bob was able to get into position to make a save, I just remember goals being called back because someone's toe was in the crease or some such nonsense.

Thank you for the info!
Yeah they got rid of that rule after Hull scored the cup winner,probably will be how the offside calls end up disappearing.

Reactions: BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Because of how many different players it's happening to. I'd believe it was the players if it was ALWAYS the same guys. But now we've seen this happen to so many different guys making the error.

That leads me to believe the combo of line juggling and the way Monty is trying to execute his changes is messing with them.
I agree with the line juggling theory, but not this time both d-man were still in their zone, Lindholm jumped onto the ice, did he do it on his own or was he told to get out there, that was at terrible penalty to take.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Thank you for the info!
Remember this playoff game back in the 90s? Axelsson's OT goal got waved off because Tim Taylor's toe was in the crease. :laugh: I was trying to find the video of it but failed.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
It's been the better part of a day and I still have zero idea why they blew the play dead in the first. Like completely dumbfounded.

It's shit like that where I would like to see them have some sort of explanation. Literally everyone was confused.

When that happened, after the egregious "hook" on Coyle, I thought "here we go again"

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm guessing Marchand got a concussion, and maybe out for the series.
If it was a concussion, he should be out for the series.
I would normally agree, however he traveled on the plane to Florida. He didn't stay home in a dark room. That cabin pressure etc on the brain. If he was fine enough for that. I expect him to play Friday.

Head injuries are no joke. I would never risk it. But I think he plays.

Last edited:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The Bs have scored two goals now 3 games in a row. One goal 4 games ago.

So, even though we won, it's shaky. The idea of we need to play certain D so we have more offense doesn't seem to hold any water.

Also, the Bs finally won a game where they scored the first goal, even though Florida tied it up.

Game 1, Florida took 1-0 lead, and then fell apart.
Game 2, Bruins took 1-0 lead, and then fell apart.
Game 3, Florida took a 4-0 lead. Game over.
Game 4, Bruins took a 2-0 lead, and then fell apart.
Game 5, Bruins took a 1-0 lead, and won.

Also, the D minutes range each game:
Game 1, range from 16 to 24 minutes. Two with around 20 minutes or more.
Game 2, range from 17 to 22 minutes. Two with around 20 minutes or more.
Game 3, range from 16 to 26 minutes. Three with around 20 minutes or more.
Game 4, range from 14 to 26 minutes. Three with around 20 minutes or more.
Game 5, range from 11 to 26 minutes. Four with around 20 minutes or more.

As you can see, fewer minutes for some as we move along.

Least minutes for each game?
Game 1, Lohrei
Game 2, Wotherspoon
Game 3, Carlo, Forbort, and Peeke tied.
Game 4, Peeke
Game 5, Lohrei

So, in the last two games, we're seeing less use of some of the D. And no one was hurt and couldn't play minutes. Our pairings and four 20-minute guys were Lindholm with Mc, and Wotherspoon with Carlo. Can McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo, and Wotherspoon essentially be the only four we play, and still make it through some of these games? It's asking a lot. Wotherspoon has been a revelation for the Bruins. I'm not so sold on Peeke or Lohrei. If we can't play them, what good is it. They are being sheltered somewhat. Lohrei played the PP somewhat, but was really moved to third pair or no play at all. He didn't play the final 10:45 minutes of the game. Peeke played 18 shifts and 13:27 the whole game. Five of these were over 55 seconds or more. Reaching that Oh Shit point. The rest would be about 13 shifts and 8 minutes. Lohrei and Lindholm keep taking penalties also.

I don't know. Even though we won, it wasn't a good game for us. Just hanging on. But, it's hockey, and maybe we can hang on for two more games. Sway will be the key.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I would normally agree, however he traveled on the plane to Florida. He didn't stay home on a dark room. That cabin pressure etc on the brain. If he was fine enough for that. I expect him to play Friday.

Head injuries are no joke. I would never risk it. But I think he plays.
He also can have an injury on his head/face without having a concussion like cracked bones or an ear issue. I don’t think we know until the Bruins season is officially over.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He also can have an injury on his head/face without having a concussion like cracked bones or an ear issue. I don’t think we know until the Bruins season is officially over.
Chara played with a broken jaw in a fishbowl.

I think a lot of guys are hurt. We all knew about Chara cause he was still playing.

We just gotta wait and see.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Thank you for the info!
Yep like the 99 Cup Final lol

Or Brett Hull's toe in the crease against Buffalo.
Yeah, that

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Or Brett Hull's toe in the crease against Buffalo.
That’s why they got rid of that rule,I wonder how long before we have the offside called back that happened a minute earlier and needed slow motion replay and freeze frame to show when the cup winning goal happens with all the celebrations on the ice ,you know it’s just a matter of time.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Remember this playoff game back in the 90s? Axelsson's OT goal got waved off because Tim Taylor's toe was in the crease. :laugh: I was trying to find the video of it but failed.

Yeah I remember that one. PJ's moment of glory taken away by Taylor's toe.

Still one of the best third lines in Bruins history IMO: Axelsson-Taylor-DiMaio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad