Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Pre-season most of us didn’t think the Bruins would make the playoffs.

Now that we beat Toronto everything else is gravy. Feels like we are playing with house money.

I think the Bruins will put up a good fight but not overly optimistic about the series. That said, Swayman is on his A game and we all know what a hot goalie can lead to.

Should be a brutally physical series.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Zacha and Coyle cannot go goal less again and win this series, the most dangerous players from last series were Hall and Bertuzzi, plus you are missing Bergeron, Krejci, Orlov, etc

Your bottom six will be in tougher matchups this series.

Hope we have a memorable series again.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I think Ullmark will start the series. I dont see this version of Bruins matching up with Cats at all. Unless injuries or hockey magic, I expect Cats in 5 or 6
I too expect the Panthers in 5 or 6, but can't see Ullmark starting the series after Swayman put up a .950 in round 1. Montgomery should be put into a padded room and given meds if Swayman doesn't start. He's the best hope Boston has of winning games in this series.

Reactions: MaWa

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zacha and Coyle cannot go goal less again and win this series, the most dangerous players from last series were Hall and Bertuzzi, plus you are missing Bergeron, Krejci, Orlov, etc

Your bottom six will be in tougher matchups this series.

Hope we have a memorable series again.

Subtracting Orlov is a positive.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Subtracting Orlov is a positive.
In exchange for Shattenkirk or Wotherspoon?

Think he led your d core in scoring our last series, at worst 2nd to McAvoy. Monty never settled on a partner for him and continues to play 4D chess with your roster this season.

He can't help himself from tinkering win or lose, Maurice is going to have his way with him again strategically IMO

We are not a team searching for our identity.

I think our chances are quite good, but that's why the games are played on the ice and not on paper.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think Ullmark will start the series. I dont see this version of Bruins matching up with Cats at all. Unless injuries or hockey magic, I expect Cats in 5 or 6
This almost identical roster without Bergy/Krejci was the same one that went up 3-1 last year. Think it's a silly narrative, it'll be a 7 game battle

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Bob was fantastic all year and a deserving Vezina nominee. He also stood on his head vs Tampa and was ridiculous except in game 4 where he pooped the bed which ruined his counting stats. But he was great and Swayman hasn't faced an offense that actually knows how to play. Cats in 5.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This almost identical roster without Bergy/Krejci was the same one that went up 3-1 last year. Think it's a silly narrative, it'll be a 7 game battle
Identical? Hall, Bertuzzi, Orlov etc., minimum 33% of the team and like 50% of their goals from last time are gone

They had 3 balanced lines 5v5 last time, this time? Not so much.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Identical? Hall, Bertuzzi, Orlov etc.

They had 3 balanced lines 5v5 last time, this time? Not so much.
We'll have to see, I think the Bruins lacked size last year against the Panthers, something they've addressed throughout the lineup to better handle them

I'm not saying Bs are taking this, but I don't think it's 4 or 5 games like some of the posts suggest.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We'll have to see, I think the Bruins lacked size last year against the Panthers, something they've addressed throughout the lineup to better handle them

I'm not saying Bs are taking this, but I don't think it's 4 or 5 games like some of the posts suggest.
4 or 5 predictions are laughable for sure unless something goes majorly sideways.

Just win baby!

Reactions: NDiesel

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

Panthers did too, guys like lorentz, stenlund, kulikov, mikkola, gadjo
Should be a heavy hitting series with some bad blood

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I understand all the logical reasons why people argue the Bruins won't win this. But they are still a good team with a good goaltender, and if they do win it, there will be tons of analysis in hindsight about why they were apt to win it all along and why we underestimated them.

Everybody is a genius when the series is over.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In exchange for Shattenkirk or Wotherspoon?

Think he led your d core in scoring our last series, at worst 2nd to McAvoy. Monty never settled on a partner for him and continues to play 4D chess with your roster this season.

He can't help himself from tinkering win or lose, Maurice is going to have his way with him again strategically IMO

We are not a team searching for our identity.

I think our chances are quite good, but that's why the games are played on the ice and not on paper.

He and Bertuzzi put up PP points and were total give away machines at 5 on 5, but 10000% agreed Florida is the clear favorite.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just because Boston took us lightly last year doesn't mean we will fall in the same trap, or maybe we do, but I think we are 100% focused on the task at hand.

Boston fans know, we aren't going to fold up under duress.

I don’t expect that at all. Like others have said this Boston roster is clearly worse than last years and Floridas is better than last years and more experienced

If these 1st rounds showed something Florida has a massive speed advantage& it’s going to be tough to match up.

You can’t outskate them or physically intimidate them. Bostons chance is basically defense & Swayman controlling the series

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I too expect the Panthers in 5 or 6, but can't see Ullmark starting the series after Swayman put up a .950 in round 1. Montgomery should be put into a padded room and given meds if Swayman doesn't start. He's the best hope Boston has of winning games in this series.
Only possibly reasonable reason I see is wanting an extra day of rest for Swayman.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I think Bennett had a big impact on the series last year. Him returning from injury turned the series around. Ironically, getting Bergeron and Krecji back at less than full health seemed to screw the Bruins up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad