Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Singing along to an old STP song again this morning, I see. ;)

Are you hearing yourself? Good lord.

?? Do I hear myself saying what? Someone asked which missed call resulted in Barkov’s goal and I said “yup, Barkov made a big boy play and the Bruins’ 3rd-line talent couldn’t”. I have also posted that Barkov is better than all 4 (or 5) of our centres combined. What’s wrong with that?

As for the rest. The panthers are dirty, led by Bennett and Tkachuk. They also dive. Not Colorado bad but wow. And I was lectured about “introspection” 😂

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
View attachment 869893
Maybe I missed it but are you talking about this one, where the pucks right there on his stick?
Barkov was trying to pass that puck to Tarasenko, Reino never had possession at all, puck is near his feet, so it can go either way.

The hardest shot any Panther took all night was the puck off of Rhino's face, tore right through his cheek they said afterwards.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
DeBrusk, Zacha and Coyle are 3rd-line talents. McAvoy is having an atrocious playoffs. Wasn’t any better against the leafs. Actually he was worse.
In all seriousness, I think the talent thing is the answer: compared to last year, the bruins have less top end talent. Marchand and Pastrnak are stars, but there is a big jump afterwards. Last year, they had Bergeron, Krejci, Hall and Bertuzzi to provide scoring afterwards.

This year, Florida has three players on the same level as the Boston stars (Barky, Reinhart and Tkachuk), plus 3 other players much better (Bennett, Verhaege, Tarasenko).

The main thing going for Boston is that Swayman is playing like an elite number 1.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Barkov was trying to pass that puck to Tarasenko, Reino never had possesion at all
Yup. Refs gave the Bruins one free shot then said that’s enough boys let’s play hockey. Then it was the panthers who continued to get their free shots and their free dives. This league: you flop you get the call. I was taught to stay on your skates and play through it. Smh.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
In all seriousness, I think the talent thing is the answer: compared to last year, the bruins have less top end talent. Marchand and Pastrnak are stars, but there is a big jump afterwards. Last year, they had Bergeron, Krejci, Hall and Bertuzzi to provide scoring afterwards.

This year, Florida has three players on the same level as the Boston stars (Barky, Reinhart and Tkachuk), plus 3 other players much better (Bennett, Verhaege, Tarasenko).

The main thing going for Boston is that Swayman is playing like an elite number 1.
I’m not arguing I agree. Boston is smoke, mirrors, Pasta and goaltending. Florida is actually good.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
On fly bys, and chirps. They didn't even finish checks on him, lol, most fights aren't staged ones.

Take a guy to the boards, slash him in the legs and force him to go if you must, obviously you get extra minutes in penalties but he would not back down in a situation like that. Asking for, getting declined, and skating away, then doing nothing, does nothing. If they wanted to be under his skin, they could have got there.

They don't want it bad enough, and they are not going to intentionally shoot themselves in the foot, that much is obvious.

Chaos you know that wouldn’t have done Jack sh*t and the Bruins would have been short handed further. he WOULD have taken every pop, poke and stick and laughed as the B was sent off.

What a pile o’ sh-*t “he would not back down”. Lol.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m not arguing I agree. Boston is smoke, mirrors, Pasta and goaltending. Florida is actually good.
I know, I wanted to make this thread a bit less...invective. I've been impressed by Boston's fight this post-season. They're doing a lot with a much worse roster; I think it makes their regular season all the more impressive.

Clearly McAvoy is injured though.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
?? Do I hear myself saying what? Someone asked which missed call resulted in Barkov’s goal and I said “yup, Barkov made a big boy play and the Bruins’ 3rd-line talent couldn’t”. I have also posted that Barkov is better than all 4 (or 5) of our centres combined. What’s wrong with that?

As for the rest. The panthers are dirty, led by Bennett and Tkachuk. They also dive. Not Colorado bad but wow. And I was lectured about “introspection” 😂
“?? Do I hear myself saying what?“
The part about the League enabling the Panthers.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Chaos you know that wouldn’t have done Jack sh*t and the Bruins would have been short handed further. he WOULD have taken every pop, poke and stick and laughed as the B was sent off.

What a pile o’ sh-*t “he would not back down”. Lol.
Same reason you should know that one of our top 6 guys isn't going to drop them with some 3rd or 4th line schmoe, just for Boston's fans pleasure in a staged revenge match. If you wanted a pound of flesh you would have taken it, and accepted the consequences.

Why would he risk it unless he HAD to? No one on Boston even finished their checks after the 1st period. Be salty, but no Panther fears the BS at all, its all talk. They are literally laughing in your tough guys faces.

We have better fighters not even playing (Lomberg/Gadjovich, even Cousins is sitting, haha, yes I know), we don't even need them. The Bs aren't hard on the forecheck, backcheck, along the walls or in front of the net. That's not our fault, and your coach will be fired for it IMO.

You have Swayman on an island.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad