Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
While reffing isn’t to blame why the Bruins are down 3-1
lt’s wild how many bad calls have gone against the Bruins. 18 powerplays for the panthers, 8 for the Bruins over the last 3 games.

2 shots in the third didn’t help much either but the flow/intensity of the games have been pretty dictated by the officiating & when/what they decide
You're not going to get penalties when you don't have the puck. How many periods with 3/4/5 SOG? Too many.

It's lopsided. Badly. FL is just so much better.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Panthers were getting passed Boston we all knew that. Cup final? I would be stunned to say the least. Guess that would depend if Bennett is allowed to concuss Fox and who knows who else without even a penalty like he has done for the past several series.
I really don't understand what he brings other than dirty hits, need to get that garbage out of the game. I think Florida is still a better team than the Rangers, they have a legitimate shot to win it all IMO, to me they're the best team left in the playoffs. But that garbage Bennett does, does not belong in the game.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I really don't understand what he brings other than dirty hits, need to get that garbage out of the game. I think Florida is still a better team than the Rangers, they have a legitimate shot to win it all IMO, to me they're the best team left in the playoffs. But that garbage Bennett does, does not belong in the game.
You should watch more, and you’ll see all that Bennett brings.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
That's interference. They called that on both teams last night. Not seeing the problem.
I see it as a guy trying to make contact with a guy going to the net, you know, like d-men are supposed to (playoff hockey, right?), and then a guy get shot by a sniper in the stands. Sniper has a good shot because he also got Bobrovsky and Tkachuk a couple of times too. Why not, since the refs buy it.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
By that logic, the hit on Reinhart should have been interference therefore the 1st Bruins PP might have never happened and Boston doesn't go up 1-0.
3960A82C-C623-4E01-A274-CBB44E7EB97F.jpeg

Maybe I missed it but are you talking about this one, where the pucks right there on his stick?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019

“You guys lost your minds over it, and that’s fine....you have that right.”
:laugh: Go Mo!

I’m just gonna copy and paste his quote to save myself some future typing.

So am I. Going to come in handy against you guys in the Rangers series.

He's not fighitng coming off a broken bone in his left hand. Sorry you can't understand that. I'm sure the score will be settled the first regular season matchup next season.
Again, obviously he doesn't have a broken bone in his right hand.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This is the nightmare for the NHL. A bad non call that leads to a game winning goal, and badly tilts the series in favor of one team. It's not the first time, and won't be the last, but I am baffled as to how Toronto cannot see that crosscheck, and how it impacted that sequence of play.

Not a fan of either team, btw.
The series was already badly tilted to the Panthers.

Dislike both teams. But Florida is massively outclassing the Bruins.

Complaining about the refs is equivalent to complaining about your dinner on the Titanic. It just doesn't matter.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Everyone arguing about calls and non calls when it doesn’t matter, the games are fixed, the league has their agenda, and we’re all along for the ride thinking these results aren’t predetermined. The cats are a better team than bruins , certainly don’t need help from the league. The nhl has become the jersey shore of professional sports reality shows .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The series was already badly tilted to the Panthers.

Dislike both teams. But Florida is massively outclassing the Bruins.

Complaining about the refs is equivalent to complaining about your dinner on the Titanic. It just doesn't matter.
When you don't show up to dinner it doesn't matter. Part of the reason I'm not more frustrated by the way these games have been officiated.

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Like the one that happened 3 years ago ? lol

Boston had 4 minutes to tie it before Barkov goal lol
Boston also had the rest of the 3rd to try and tie it up after the hose-job by the refs, their best players were nowhere to be found. Like I said, I understand being pissed at the incompetence but that does not absolve your best players from being practicality invisible when they are needed the most.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
100%
The B's got hosed a couple times and I understand the response, they also had multiple opportunities to overcome them and
when they turned to their best players they had no response, especially in the 3rd when they needed it the most.

Outrage is understandable, the lack of actual introspection...at least articulated introspection...is also expected.
Every Bruin fan has said the Panthers are better and deserve to be winning. There's tons of actual introspection. Bruins don't have the horses to overcome the Panthers, nvm panthers, the refs and the league. "Best players" lol. What best players? Swayman, sure.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Truthfully, that's the easiest part of this series to take lol.
I picked Florida in 5 even before the series started, most of us knew this tilt was lopsided going into it. I'm sure it'll be hilarious when Paul loses his mind when his team is inevitably on the short end of the stick multiple times too. Meme in waiting :laugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Boston also had the rest of the 3rd to try and tie it up after the hose-job by the refs, their best players were nowhere to be found. Like I said, I understand being pissed at the incompetence but that does not absolve your best players from being practicality invisible when they are needed the most.
I mean where was their captain!?!

Reactions: BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad