Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Lauko was skating full speed at Bob and had every intention of making contact . At that point the dirty Bruins were trying to incite a riot and take out their top players.
Hard disagree. His jersey was getting held from the circle and he was then grabbed and pushed right into the goalie.

B590FD3F-1885-4F15-82FB-39BC8685292A.gif

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

“You guys lost your minds over it, and that’s fine....you have that right.”
:laugh: Go Mo!

I’m just gonna copy and paste his quote to save myself some future typing.

Denys anything's there till a video comes out showing that clearly there was and so now it's the medias fault and they're losing their minds. Next card to play is to claim they're the real victim .

Reactions: BTO

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Lauko was skating full speed at Bob and had every intention of making contact . At that point the dirty Bruins were trying to incite a riot and take out their top players.
Then call 2 each

He's not fighitng coming off a broken bone in his left hand. Sorry you can't understand that. I'm sure the score will be settled the first regular season matchup next season.

Time will tell. He could have dropped them, grabbed on, tumbled to the ice and it would be over.

Think about the license your suggesting be given to a player who “can’t fight” right now. He can do whatever he wants then, right? And not fight because of the finger?.

Would be like a guy coming back from a broken jaw, can’t fight, running around with no chance of retribution.

The very premise screams douche, and fits pretty well given his body of work.

Next year who’s he going to take on to end this…lindholm again?

Cmon man. Call a spade a spade. He’s a good player, he’s tough as nails, he has high compete level and wants badly to win. A plus for any organization. And he’s a dirty dbag.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Button with another incredibly hot take.

I am far from a Bruins fan but that's an awful call. The determination should not be made about some imagined future as to whether or not Swayman would make the save. His ability to try and make a save was obviously impeded by Bennett's shoving Coyle.

It's good to be Sam Bennett I guess. Getting away with a suckerpunch (though it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate guy) and goaltender interference on a crucial goal.
Lost in all this is Swayman being the best goalie of the playoffs.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Bruins have been on the wrong end of some ref decisions, goalie interference non call was huge

But the better team is winning so that takes some sting out of it
100%
The B's got hosed a couple times and I understand the response, they also had multiple opportunities to overcome them and
when they turned to their best players they had no response, especially in the 3rd when they needed it the most.

Outrage is understandable, the lack of actual introspection...at least articulated introspection...is also expected.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Sounds like you can hear a second shooter too! :laugh:

View attachment 869845
Lmao, would love if you northern f***ers stopped visiting. Consider it cut off. Perfect.
I rarely post in these threads, but thank you both for being impartial FLA fans.

To those saying it's Marchand he deserves it ETC ETC ETC. It's not about who is at the receiving end, it's about the hit itself. Put any player from your team in Marchand's position on that play and insert Marchand into Bennet's spot. You would all be screaming how dirty the punch was after seeing that other angle. Fla fans, put Barkov into Marchand's spot on that hit. Is it still deserved?

I'm a massive Bruin's fan, but an even bigger NHL fan. The sport is headed in the right direction and ESPN's coverage, however painful to watch sometimes, is definitely helping it. For that hit to not be even a fine is just insane from the NHL. The job of DOPS is to protect its players, and it completely failed here.
Except, Barkov wouldn't be coming in late for a hit, wouldn't be turning, it's standard Marchandness and Bennett got the better of him. Marchand went "oh goody, I'm gonna hammer Bennett like I did Tkachuk for the big cheers," and Benny hammered the rat instead.

Seriously Boston fans, have the same energy the next time Marchand does any of a number of Marchand things as you cry for DOPS.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's not fighitng coming off a broken bone in his left hand. Sorry you can't understand that. I'm sure the score will be settled the first regular season matchup next season.

The original poster suggested the Bruins did not try.

By the way, Bennett should avoid sucker punches if concerned on the health of his hand.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lmao, would love if you northern f***ers stopped visiting. Consider it cut off. Perfect.

Except, Barkov wouldn't be coming in late for a hit, wouldn't be turning, it's standard Marchandness and Bennett got the better of him. Marchand went "oh goody, I'm gonna hammer Bennett like I did Tkachuk for the big cheers," and Benny hammered the rat instead.

Seriously Boston fans, have the same energy the next time Marchand does any of a number of Marchand things as you cry for DOPS.
Plenty do. By his standard, he’s been far too tame for too long, and his play has gone down alongside

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
100%
The B's got hosed a couple times and I understand the response, they also had multiple opportunities to overcome them and
when they turned to their best players they had no response, especially in the 3rd when they needed it the most.

Outrage is understandable, the lack of actual introspection...at least articulated introspection...is also expected.

Never fear, Bruins fans well know Florida is the superior team. Hardly lessens the blow of the double standard this series.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Swayman is keeping this from being a sweep but won't be surprised to see Ullmark in G5
I agree, it almost seems like Montgomery doesn't have any other button to push.

Not sure what kind of message that sends to his team. Without Swayman being the best goalie in world ATM, it's beyond ugly.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This is the nightmare for the NHL. A bad non call that leads to a game winning goal, and badly tilts the series in favor of one team. It's not the first time, and won't be the last, but I am baffled as to how Toronto cannot see that crosscheck, and how it impacted that sequence of play.

Not a fan of either team, btw.
Wich bad non call led to Barkov's goal?

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
That is not the rule. TNT main commentator was moronic at best. The inside the glass person literally read him the rules and he still made up his own interpretation .

What is especially bad is Coyle was crosschecked in the back in similar fashion in front of the Florida net in front of a ref near the end of the 2nd period. Two automatic calls this season. Both ignored by the official feet away. Curious.
Was it a cross check or a flop? Swayman wasn't coming back over to make that save.

FL is just better. I know it's hard to hear but it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad