Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I would agree with this. After the Bennett punch he was clearly dazed. Could barely stand. Then told them he was ok. After the stenlund hit he didn’t look wobbly at all, but damage was already done and that could not have helped.

Piss poor of the medical staff let him talk them into going back out there.
After the punch his knees buckled taking one step to the bench. Not sure how that was missed

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
ok, so it's not a forearm to the face. It is still a penalty based on how it was called last night. Bruins got two powerplays the same way. One of them also led to a goal. They are either all penalties or they are all not penalties. Don't complain about that call when you benefitted from a similar one.

Where did I complain about the call?

I just said it wasn’t a forearm to the face.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Boston challenged Bennett at least five times....
Again, no one cares about punching Fat Pat Ultra. Even when they’re down by two, because FL knows they can still come back and win. Which they did, because they never quit. Their focus is on advancing to round three, they don’t give a shit about anything else. Especially not trying to punch out a now rather meaningless player trying to relive his glory days from TB.

You guys can console yourselves by talking about how cowardly Benny is, if it helps you through the day.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Oh that's what you're doing. Ok then

Not trying to do anything...just replying to your comment. Did Florida not control the puck for a majority of the game?

I'm not even trying to argue what calls were fair or not. Boston, after the 1st, lost control of the game. The penalties didn't help, but they didn't help themselves either to shift momentum back on their side. After going up 2-0, Boston stopped playing hard.

1715610763086.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is the nightmare for the NHL. A bad non call that leads to a game winning goal, and badly tilts the series in favor of one team. It's not the first time, and won't be the last, but I am baffled as to how Toronto cannot see that crosscheck, and how it impacted that sequence of play.

Not a fan of either team, btw.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't understand the angst. Brad Marchand plays a certain kind of hockey and his fans glory in it. The hockey that Bennett played with him was Marchand hockey. It's a testament to this great leader that he loves to play this way and believes it is the right way to play whether or not he is on the receiving end of it. For Boston fans, this is their man in the arena. This should be glorious joy! He is doing the hockey the way it should be done, good for him.

Also, "they took our dream from us":

Pietrangelo scores Game 7 - Marchand.png

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
It's still interference...

And they have been calling it tight ALL series. Bruins got two of these last night, one of which resulted in the Pasta goal. It is hypocritical as hell to complain about the OEL call when you got two of your own.
No, they're picking and choosing when to call those "interference" penalties. If they called them tight the game would be played 4 on 4 pretty much all game.

I wasn't really complaining about those though. You threw that out there.

I'm complaining about the league saying they're heavily scrutinizing the series then holding back a clear video of Bennett on Marchand for a few days & not even giving him a fine or anything.

Then reviewing his goal and deeming that a "good goal". That's twice the league looked at plays that aren't hockey plays and saying, no those are fine. You're allowed to do that. Then the Panthers are gifted a "delay of game" penalty.

Reactions: BTO and TD Charlie

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Marchand pushing the ref (more like nicely guided him) away from blocking the freaking door to the bench was a big nothing burger. There was no abuse of an official, nor any intention to do so, not even close. I can’t believe some tried to make a thing out of it. It is dumb. There was nothing to see there.

He doesn't want to talk about the actual interference part.

Not a clue. Should have been one.

I rarely post in these threads, but thank you both for being impartial FLA fans.

To those saying it's Marchand he deserves it ETC ETC ETC. It's not about who is at the receiving end, it's about the hit itself. Put any player from your team in Marchand's position on that play and insert Marchand into Bennet's spot. You would all be screaming how dirty the punch was after seeing that other angle. Fla fans, put Barkov into Marchand's spot on that hit. Is it still deserved?

I'm a massive Bruin's fan, but an even bigger NHL fan. The sport is headed in the right direction and ESPN's coverage, however painful to watch sometimes, is definitely helping it. For that hit to not be even a fine is just insane from the NHL. The job of DOPS is to protect its players, and it completely failed here.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Lol did you watch the game before when Lauko got driven into Florida’s goalie by a Florida player and got a penalty?

Bruins have obviously been outplayed, but the officiating has been trash every game.
Lauko was skating full speed at Bob and had every intention of making contact . At that point the dirty Bruins were trying to incite a riot and take out their top players.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Not trying to do anything...just replying to your comment. Did Florida not control the puck for a majority of the game?

I'm not even trying to argue what calls were fair or not. Boston, after the 1st, lost control of the game. The penalties didn't help, but they didn't help themselves either to shift momentum back on their side. After going up 2-0, Boston stopped playing hard.

View attachment 869840
Their goals came on a faceoff play during the power play and a knuckle puck from Carlo. Panthers were dominating play in the 1st period as well. Boston was beyond fortunate to have a lead in the game.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
lol the dive is the cherry on top too

But Ekblad on Lauko’s net drive was not an infraction.

The refs are so ridiculously incompetent and seem to get worse each year. Sometimes it’s in your fav team favor and sometimes not. But even if they even out, timing can result in a call that changes the outcome.

Not saying at all that’s the reason for the 3-1 panthers lead and mentioning that because if my Bs avatar. Point is the level of incompetence in the on ice officiating, the off ice officials, DoPS, the concussion spotters is mind boggling.

NHL will never be better than the 4th most popular major team sport. Never. They continually f themselves.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Their goals came on a faceoff play during the power play and a knuckle puck from Carlo. Panthers were dominating play in the 1st period as well. Boston was beyond fortunate to have a lead in the game.
It was getting bad after Florida got their first goal, and they had a few great chances to tie it at 2. The GI miss certainly seemed to accelerate the Bruins implosion that was more than likely coming anyway.

I’ll still take every opportunity I can to mention it though

View attachment 869853

Bruins social media today
lol this is actually hilarious

Reactions: Mase and Neil Racki

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
But Ekblad on Lauko’s net drive was not an infraction.

The refs are so ridiculously incompetent and seem to get worse each year. Sometimes it’s in your fav team favor and sometimes not. But even if they even out, timing can result in a call that changes the outcome.

Not saying at all that’s the reason for the 3-1 panthers lead and mentioning that because if my Bs avatar. Point is the level of incompetence in the on ice officiating, the off ice officials, DoPS, the concussion spotters is mind boggling.

NHL will never be better than the 4th most popular major team sport. Never. They continually f themselves.

Florida had issues with the refs early in the Tampa series because PPs were heavily skewed in the Bolts favor. Every team has issues with officiating regardless of playoffs or not. There's no oversight for officiating because the league either doesn't want it or can't do it (for unknown reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad