Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

But he said yesterday they didn't know it happened?

But today he is saying they knew it happened but it's his fault they didn't retaliate?

Or is he saying he didn't see it so it's his fault that no one saw it and Marchand didn't tell anyone that he got "sucker punched?"

Or what are we doing here? I guess eventually hockey game will break out

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018

But he said yesterday they didn't know it happened?

But today he is saying they knew it happened but it's his fault they didn't retaliate?

Or is he saying he didn't see it so it's his fault that no one saw it and Marchand didn't tell anyone that he got "sucker punched?"

Or what are we doing here? I guess eventually hockey game will break out

Based on other comments from the team, this is the answer.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
So who's going to match up against who? Who are the fighters on the Bruins? I assume Maroon is playing. Frederic? If we don't have lineup changes Bennett is the only real fighter on our team. Tkachuk can fight but isn't very good.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Defies logic that you can punch someone in the head during the run of play, concuss them and then not face any discipline just because Paul Maurice said it was nothing more than a collision.

With that said, this version of the Bruins is completely incapable of pushing back. Already struggling offensively with Marchand. I think this series is over in 5.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Defies logic that you can punch someone in the head during the run of play, concuss them and then not face any discipline just because Paul Maurice said it was nothing more than a collision.

With that said, this version of the Bruins is completely incapable of pushing back. Already struggling offensively with Marchand. I think this series is over in 5.
Lmao, yeah he didn’t face any discipline because of what Maurice said.

In all fairness, Erod gave him a face full of stick just before all of that.
Hockey happens.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Oh sorry, then it's because someone at the league office is in a coma. Maybe Sam Bennett took care of them too. Would be a shame if someone two hands him right on the knee cap.
Or maybe it’s because there’s no clear view of fist hitting face?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Montgomery is just an idiot. Even if there was a dirty hit there by Bennett, what benefit is there to be saying all this in public? Bruins aren't intimidating the Panthers, we already know that, and if the Bruins want to win a game they need to focus on hockey, not whatever antics they're talking about.

Then add on if the Bruins do try and do anything stupid, he/they are telegraphing it very publicly and the league will just come down on them with a hammer. What an idiot.

Does he want to actually win the series or try and injure other players?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Montgomery is just an idiot. Even if there was a dirty hit there by Bennett, what benefit is there to be saying all this in public? Bruins aren't intimidating the Panthers, we already know that, and if the Bruins want to win a game they need to focus on hockey, not whatever antics they're talking about.

Then add on if the Bruins do try and do anything stupid, he/they are telegraphing it very publicly and the league will just come down on them with a hammer. What an idiot.

Grasping at straws, at this point.

Ah ok that must be it. Maybe Marchand got hit with a rat from the stands. Tough to tell!
Idk what to tell you. Hopefully you are never punished for something because “it looked like he may have done it”.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Grasping at straws, at this point.

Idk what to tell you. Hopefully you are never punished for something because “it looked like he may have done it”.
I seriously can't believe this is your argument. Everyone with a brain knows what happened. Sometimes it helps to use logic. There is no other explanation for how Marchand gets hit in the head and concussed.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I seriously can't believe this is your argument. Everyone with a brain knows what happened. Sometimes it helps to use logic. There is no other explanation for how Marchand gets hit in the head and concussed.
This does nothing to refute my point. You can “logically” assume all you want, but you can’t “convict” without solid proof of the infraction.
There is no visual evidence of the fist hitting head.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Boston is really good even without the rat. Funny to me that Bennett is called out for a dirty play on the player who has a long history of cheap shots and dirty plays.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Crap sake people. I'm really sure Bennett finally worked his way back into being able to play in a playoffs where his team has a legit chance at a Cup, then decided to risk suspension by intentionally sucker punching the other team's captain in the head.

Bennett knows how important he is to the team. He will be a key piece against NYR. No chance he intentionally concussed Marchand.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

He’s an idiot for sure. Just not in this case. He’s gotta say SOMETHING

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

It's possible to win the series by injuring the other team's best players, which is a strategy Florida seems to be employing.

Considering the league is letting them do it, maybe Boston should consider doing the same.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad