Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Maybe Lindholm shouldn’t have thrown the first punch
Bennett got an extra 2min penalty for removing Lindholms helmet on that one too didn't he?

I mean one team's got guys who've never fought before willing to stand up. The other will duck a fight with the smallest player on the ice just to sucker him a couple minutes later.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Whether or not Panthers are dirty, crying about it ain't gonna do shit. If the Bruins want to actually try to win, they may want to actually try and play hockey...getting like 3 shots to start game 2 was their problem, not staged fights or dirty whatever.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Let's check in on the Boston Bruins and how they feel about actually winning the series.

Oh, they're still talking about staged fights. Carry on.

You referring the players or the fans?

Many fans hearts are on their sleeves and those who lost the most demonstratively are often not the best gauge of overall sentiment.

If you’re referring to the players, keep
In mind what you read is response to questions from the media, context matters and we don’t always get the full context, comments are sometimes gamesmanship and not how the players really feel, etc.

I mean look at Paul Maurice comments about the Bennett punch. “He’s thick” was part of the alleged reason for Marchand’s injury. Everyone sees what happened.

Point being, we can’t assume we know what’s going on inside players heads witb any level of certainty.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Thats bound to happen anyway, might as well make it worth it.

I hope the Bruins don't have that attitude tonight.

I think the Bruins got the worst of the reffing last game for sure. The goalie interference penalty was total BS. But I don't think bad reffing is specifically targeting the Bruins here. The calls might go the other way tonight, and maybe the Bruins can catch a little momentum.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
I hope the Bruins don't have that attitude tonight.

I think the Bruins got the worst of the reffing last game for sure. The goalie interference penalty was total BS. But I don't think bad reffing is specifically targeting the Bruins here. The calls might go the other way tonight, and maybe the Bruins can catch a little momentum.
Oh I agree, I don’t think that’s a winning strategy against this Florida team at all. But if things are going the same way, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the frustration completely boil over.

Last edited:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Oh I agree, I don’t think that’s a winning strategy against this Florida team at all. But if things are going the same way, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the frustration complete boil over.

The focus of the frustration should be on the 8 shots in two periods. They came out much better in the third. They are capable of playing better.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
I remember the whole sequence. Lindholm got goaded by Bennett and then threw the first real punch. Perhaps you should watch again.
Right because holding a guys head down in a borderline headlock after throwing him down is somehow not doing anything. You think only a punch should get a response? Bennett is also a huge p***y who kept throwing once they were down.

Last edited:

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
All this is reminiscent of the multiple Lightning series over the past decade where the Bruins got excited for winning a game early in a series, getting whooped in the others, then complaining about how rough TB played. TB owned the Bruins in the playoffs in that stretch.

When you get spanked 4-1 it's embarrassing to make excuses about refs, the league office, or dirty play. Lick your wounds, get better, and try to come back better next season. Bruins theme has become great regular season team, too soft for the playoffs.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
All this is reminiscent of the multiple Lightning series over the past decade where the Bruins got excited for winning a game early in a series, getting whooped in the others, then complaining about how rough TB played. TB owned the Bruins in the playoffs in that stretch.

When you get spanked 4-1 it's embarrassing to make excuses about refs, the league office, or dirty play. Lick your wounds, get better, and try to come back better next season. Bruins theme has become great regular season team, too soft for the playoffs.
Actually Boston showed fight in '18 losing G2 close instead of getting stomped G2.
Even G3 was competitive.

True to form lots of whining on missed calls G2\3

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

There was certainly ref stuff. I remember be livid about the non-trip on McAvoy when the Bruins were about to make one of those series 2-2. Now STL. That was a series of complaining about all the things.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
There was certainly ref stuff. I remember be livid about the non-trip on McAvoy when the Bruins were about to make one of those series 2-2. Now STL. That was a series of complaining about all the things.
How can u forget the slash on Marchy G 2...lol.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
The focus of the frustration should be on the 8 shots in two periods. They came out much better in the third. They are capable of playing better.
The shots are a problem for sure, but I don’t think Florida is getting enough credit here. Their defense has been absolutely smothering, and the Bs are having trouble getting shots through anything.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The shots are a problem for sure, but I don’t think Florida is getting enough credit here. Their defense has been absolutely smothering, and the Bs are having trouble getting shots through anything.
The Florida D core much stronger than last year. Panthers played the likes Lyon, Mahura, Fitzy and Staal last year. Mikkola, OEL and Kulikov so much better than last year and Boston's bottom 3.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vilam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad