Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
The Bruins have made a living with after the whistle bs. Intimidation and bullying have been their go to. Hearing their fans cry now about the dirty mean old Panthers is beyond ironic. And I respect the Bruins for always icing a talented and tough team. But their fans need to look into the mirror.
I find that the refs let the bruins dictate the game and then figure out how they're going to officiate. If the bruins are running around taking shots after the whistle, no penalties are called. If the opposition does it, its a parade to the box.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I’m waiting for folks to bring up things Eddie Shore did.
original-786749590.jpeg

'That Bruin on the end looks like Marchand, he MUST have done something!!"

Reactions: goflyakite

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Dirty plays and injuries happen in the playoffs. Everyone knows what Bennett did, the folks who are trashing Marchand are obviously trying to deflect.

It sounds like he's going to be out with a concussion for a bit. Hope it's a good game tonight and there's some accountability.

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Come on, man. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Absolutely.
You guys haven’t been watching the Bruins for very long have you.

The reach from some of you are nuts. Who is starting the shit after every whistle blow? The Bruins kept trying to start shit every chance they got, to get the Panthers off their game, and the Panthers were having none of it. The slew foots by Marchand, the punches and elbows thrown, slashes by Swayman, etc., I guess those are normal hockey plays .

Were there missed calls, for sure. Ekblad could have definitely been called as well, when Bob got interfered with, but the make the Panthers out to be the NHLs saints is dumb AF.
Time for me to do my 🤣

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
The reach from some of you are nuts. Who is starting the shit after every whistle blow? The Bruins kept trying to start shit every chance they got, to get the Panthers off their game, and the Panthers were having none of it. The slew foots by Marchand, the punches and elbows thrown, slashes by Swayman, etc., I guess those are normal hockey plays .

Were there missed calls, for sure. Ekblad could have definitely been called as well, when Bob got interfered with, but the make the Panthers out to be the NHLs saints is dumb AF.
The rat king on the panthers literally punched Swayman on his first shift in game 2 trying to “get the puck loose”. And he drew the only penalty lmao

But ya I guess only the Bruins are starting shit after whistles?

• Haha
Reactions: Vilam

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Can the Bruins do the comeback?

I can't see it. When Bob's on his game, and the rest of the Florida team is playing Bruins style hockey better than the Bruins, that's a smoke job right there.

I will be really impressed if the B's can find a way to turn this series on a dime.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Something about hypocrisy....
Something about deflection and denial.

Marchands’s dirty, yes. So are Bennett and Tkachuk and the rest of your team. League let you away with it last year all the way to the Final, up until they ran up against the league’s even bigger darlings in the Vegas Golden Knights, then they started calling shit and you acted like they just changed the rules on you midstream (which they actually did) - who, us? No, can’t be.

The league does this. They did it for the Bruins in 2011. They did it for TB for years (now there’s a sneaky dirty team I’m sure you will agree), they did it for the dirtiest team of all in the St. Louis Blues and now they’re doing it for Florida. Why this happens I dunno. I think it has something to do with crying to the media about the injustices of the officiating. I dunno but it seems to work.

Actually, I think it has something to do with Ron MacLean. You should hear the Canadian media cream itself over their latest darling Matthew Tkachuk. It’s nauseating. No I don’t have a tinfoil hat (I’m not actually serious about RM). I don’t know why it happens I only know that it does. Been going on for years. Decades actually. You should see the crap the habs used to get away with: death, taxes, and the first penalty call in the Montreal forum.

Anyway, Go Bruins. Win tonight and then win the series. Or not. If not then Go Rags until and unless it’s Go McDavid. f*** Florida. Laugh away.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
If they were smart they'd roll Bennett out there for the opening draw, he'll stand up and fight someone like Frederic and then it'd be over and they can get on with the series.

This is true. Tkachuk got past the Kassian issues when he finally fought him off a draw. Seemed like a couple years of running from him was cleaned up in 20 seconds.

Lemieux and McCarty another example.

Bennett is tough, he can handle himself against the likes of Freddy. I think your proposition would be welcome by most fans and respected by most players.

Some players have that innate want to be respected, to do the “right thing”, etc. Some don’t.

Would be great to see a relatively clean but intense G4.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The rat king on the panthers literally punched Swayman on his first shift in game 2 trying to “get the puck loose”. And he drew the only penalty lmao

But ya I guess only the Bruins are starting shit after whistles?
They certainly start their fair share. Bs fans have this incredible victim complex going, it’s nutty.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
They certainly start their fair share. Bs fans have this incredible victim complex going, it’s nutty.

The irony is certainly nutty.

If they were smart they'd roll Bennett out there for the opening draw, he'll stand up and fight someone like Frederic and then it'd be over and they can get on with the series.

Bennett will pick a fight with Lindholm instead.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

You cannot seriously type "Who is starting the shit after every whistle blow?" when Tkachuk is leading the charge to initiate scrums and slyly retreat to the perimeter once it begins. Again, Panthers fans should simply wear the fake tough act as a badge of honor rather than cry victim. It is working and worked until the Finals just last season as well.

Will it work this season? We can only hope it falters again when they meet a tougher team but time will tell.

He hit the player and the boards hard…..

Hit in the head generally causes the concussions. Odd, but not surprising.

Likely also a shoulder injury from the clean part of the contact however.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins have some adjustments they can make for Game 4, which is obviously a must win.

One adjustment is pretty simple and obvious.

The Bruins are getting completely hemmed in when Carlo or Forbort or Wotherspoon are on the ice. You can look at shots, scoring chances, Corsi, expected goals... whatever you want... those three guys are getting murdered in their own end the last 2 games (1 for Wotherspoon). Wotherspoon has already been pulled for Peeke. Time to pull Forbort.

Stats over the last two games only

xGA/60Scoring chances allowed/60Corsi allowed/60Actual 5 on 5 goal differential
Forbort4.1246.5281.97-3
Wotherspoon (1 game)3.8142.3573.16-1
Carlo3.431.4975.1-2
McAvoy1.7721.254.760
Lindholm1.7319.7757.33-1
Lorhei1.3414.6649.49+1
Peeke (1 game)1.2118.7159.880

Carlo is getting lumped in with the bad group here, deservedly so, but if you can get him away from Forbort...

xGA/60Scoring chances allowed/60Corsi allowed/60Actual 5 on 5 goal differential
Carlo w/o Forbort2.3820.5961.76-1
Carlo w/ Forbort8.1782.44137.4-1

The splits are all follow the same trends if you look at the forwards with and without Forbort.

Forbort is completely unplayable against this heavy forecheck.

Adjustment one is to not play him. I, personally, would bring Gryz back into the lineup over bringing back in Wotherspoon... but anything is better than Forbort right now.
So Boston might get outscored 8-0 with Gryz instead of Forbort?

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Sure and I wouldn't have had trouble with a penalty on that play. Bennett is a violent player who will punish you especially if you're going after him, that's also what makes him an excellent fighter. He goes berserk mode. Not popular nowadays.

edit
He doesn't do any of this slewfooting shit though. That's the coward stuff that the Bruins are embracing with their captain.
Calm down, the dude has had like 10 fights in his career and mostly against non-fighters.

Reactions: BB79

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins need to feed Lorhei more minutes. Especially with Marchand concussed, they need all the offense they can get. Time to take off the last training wheel.

Reactions: BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad